FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago

Nice to see a small amount of communication. I hope they've looked at the bug report threads that have all the known bugs laid out nicely:

GHOSTBUSTERS Bugs
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v113-bugs-and-features

KISS Bugs
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-130-bugs-and-wishlist

...so we can get as complete a fix as possible, especially for "Final" updates like Ghostbusters and KISS. The last KISS update only handled a few bugs, leaving over 10 long-ago documented bugs.

And I sure hope Batman'66 has a lot more than Major Villain Cliffhangers to show for almost 5 months of waiting in very unfinished Alpha mode.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep riiiight when "Star Wars is complete." How long could that take? *checks to see when I bought GB*
There goes the GOT dream

Heh, for sure. I had a fantasy that they would update the game to take into account what's happened in the last few seasons. That clearly ain't happening.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

for a comment under the main post I'd like to to read someone ask ..
If you can add some more games to the update list, mmmmhhhh that'd be good. Like how about final significant refinements to: MET, AC/DC, GOT x 2, ST & WWE?

At least half those will get some love, but pretty sure WWE is done.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Hmm, they must have forgotten to include a comment on the code update status for Wheel of Fortune.

They don't comment on code long dead and buried in the graveyard.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

More likely they don't like to comment on code they left in such a shameful state.

If the source or parts of it are truly lost, then there's no point at all for them to even mention it since they can't do anything about it. I'm sure it's a time period they'd all rather forget.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Do people actually think this is going to be a "regular" publication?
Just like "regular" updates for BM66, etc. that were promised?
I give it 3 months before the publication schedule is adjusted (or lapses), but if they manage to meet this (very modest) goal I will be happy.

Well, Gomez didn't say it, so there's a chance this will work out as a regular thing. After many BS promises that didn't pan out, Gomez's word is mud in my book. I'll give this Sharpe kid a chance. Seems like he's trying, and he watched his Dad help keep pinball going, so maybe he learned a thing or two.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Stern's little carrot...and everyone goes crazy!

It's not the size of the carrot, but what you do with it.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

They just need to figure out this ghosting shit and then we are golden.

Not quite golden until they go back to whatever supplier uses better/harder playfield wood exclusively and return to denser cabinet wood.

THEN we're golden.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm with you 100%. And update a scene or two for a couple houses for the two newer seasons since release, would be awesome for the Stark scene to be battle of the bastards for level two or something like that after you beat the house once.

Well I just realized that since House Martell, House Tyrell, and the Wall are basically done now, the pin can't really follow the current series anyway. It will remain more of an "inspired by" kind of thing going forward. But some new clips and modes would be nice.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

As long as we are gazing into the possible future, a finalized GB code might greenlight a Color DMD project. GB could use one of those.

They need to make it work in color on spike, first. All they have running spike so far is sigma displays.

1 week later
#165 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Just seems like everyone in the army went AWOL.
Justify it anyway you want.

They've been malnourished for a long time. AWOL is to be expected.

5 months later
#626 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’m curiously. What info were you looking for that wasn’t there? I know some items could be done quicker (ie. the SW Topper), but what additional?

Maybe Something else about the Iron Maiden Prem/LE. A tease. Anything? A new streaming date since they didn't save the last one for anyone who couldn't watch it live? A few morsels of specific things that will be fixed/added to the code for other games that all have bugs yet to be addressed. Surely SOME of them are already fixed and they can mention it?

#629 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

God you are such a cynic. No anticipated information?
Tell that to Stern Army Private Chad Bruhaug out of Vancouver!!!!!!!

Exactly. You understand. You really do.

2 months later
#682 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Posted...not much this month.

The most important detail is Iron Maiden Pro confirmed to be the version the band plays most.

#687 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Looks like code updates are over for GOTG and Star Wars.

Well, one is a Lonnie production, so that's a given. No dur-prise there

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

3 words.
WiNTER IS COM...... frickin gone and it's summer, give Game of Thrones some damn updates already!!!!!!
Ok it was a few more words than 3, such a cool game that needs some love to make it great!

It would be nice to get another update with some newer video and modes reflecting the story advances, but I'd be happy to just have the bugs fixed.

4 weeks later
#735 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I don't even care about Kiss, but I feel bad for the owners of it. Because I know how it feels if one of your beloved games simply plays like beta due to the lack of complete code.

You clearly never had a game that played like a beta like Batman'66, GotG, or X-Men. The first two weren't EVEN Beta level.

KISS isn't anywhere close to a beta. It plays fine. Fix the bugs, polish the game, make Rock City wizard mode not so bare-bones and it will be fine.

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

KISS is a great game as it is.
But, it does need a lot of polish.
I am reasonably happy in that AS and KISS have the same base code, so the KISS update should benefit from the AS update.
And they have now said it is after AS, so not long to wait. I would be very disappointed if it's not a decent update after all this time though.

Hopefully they fix the KISS bugs Aerosmith inherited.

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

You are wrong. I played both, GOTG didn't feel beta to me at any point it. I don't like the playfield layout though.
But Batman did feel very poor. I startet playing it with 0.69. Its incredible to see, how code can affect the gameplay. And make the game feel completely different(new) And we are just at 0.92. So there is a lot more to come.

Then you are extremely forgiving. The initial release of GotG was a light and sound box, and that's about it. It was BARELY a beta, and the few clips it had were overused and Cherry Bomb music got old really fast. Better than the initial release of Batman'66 (and the first 6 months after that), but only just.

The POINT is, KISS is nowhere NEAR any of those pins, so anyone calling the code beta is a moron or a hater.

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Yeah i played kiss Le two weeks ago. Some inserts are unused. And the City’s don’t do anything. So code will definitely change the game.

Wrong. Choosing a city changes the callouts. That's all they were meant to do. People (including me) would like them to do more, but they DO something now. It sounds like you played the game a few times and aren't really in a position to evaluate the completion level of the code (hint: it's nearly complete and has been for a long time).

#761 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I played the game on location. It was to loud to hear something. Everyone feels different about the status code. Don’t take every word to serious. And don’t be rude if someone has a different opinion. I’m not a really good player, so im not always able to get trough every mode. It’s a hobby it should be fun for every one.

If you're not a good enough player to evaluate the code by seeing all (or even most of) the modes, then saying the code is "beta" is a little ridiculous. That's all I'm saying. KISS code is not anywhere close to beta. You are wrong. It's not rude to point that out.

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I see people desperate for Kiss updates, but no one ever goes into detail. What specifically is missing from the game? What needs to be changed? The only thing I’m aware of is the Deuce bug where it gives you credit for unlit shots.
I’d love to hear some details from someone who owns the game as to where the code comes up short, and what it would take to make it acceptable.

There are quite a few bugs (15, plus some issues that aren't bugs but should be addressed) in the KISS bug thread for 1.30:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-130-bugs-and-wishlist

The Deuce bug you mentioned, the one where you can play a different song than the game says you're playing (and earning the shots for) - which also carried forward to Aerosmith when they copied the code. They also have those big KISS round inserts mid-PF that aren't used so far. It also doesn't have a real Skill Shot, which is crazy.

My biggest gripe is Rock City final Wizard mode is super bare-bones. Nothing special about it at all, and it's not easy to get to. Feels like a KISS Army Multiball Part II. That boring. It needs a serious amount of attention, but honestly most people haven't even SEEN the mode yet, so complaining about for most is silly.

But even if it never got a code update (and I hope the final one is SUBSTANTIAL) it would still be a fine game as-is. It is WAY more balanced than Aerosmith, which is essentially a close cousin based on the same code and layout. I'd be more pissed about the lack of updates to Aerosmith which needs them much more critically.

#789 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, as vireland says, the cities do something, although it would be better they did more. Doubt this will happen.
It needs polish in that there are places where there are just no callouts i.e Kiss Army - needs jackpot call outs.
Animations could be made sharper and there are a ton of unused callouts, so adding more would be great.
Champion awards for Kiss Army, Heavens on Fire, Rock City, Love Gun, Demon.
I think the game would be more fun if the song multiplier default setting was 1 song, instead of 2. This can be adjusted though. At the moment only a very decent tournament player is going to get the Colossal bonus ( 10x ).
There is a separate thread on the various bugs.
And yes Rock City is unfinished...... and super hard to get to. 12 instruments is super hard for default.
Songs could be a bit more balanced in that it always makes sense to start with Deuce or Lick it Up. Give some incentives to start with other songs by making them higher scoring. Black Diamond doesn't get played a lot.
Yes, the game is super fun to play now but with polish, this game could be so much better

I was just thinking today that Rime of the Ancient Mariner is Iron Maiden's Black Diamond because they're both the hardest modes. NO ONE picks Black Diamond to play until late in the game because it's so hard. I use the glitch to select Black Diamond music with Deuce objectives.

1 month later
#869 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Of course Keith moved on, and according to a post from Keith several years ago, Stern had his code and could finish it ... but they never did. Gary Stern hates this pin (according to another poster in the WOF thread), so they will likely never revisit the code to complete it.

Pfft. The way Stern treated Keith back then, I don't blame him. And Gary did the license for the machine. He shouldn't license things he doesn't like. They did the best version of Pinball WoF, but it's still not a great pin because some themes shouldn't be pins.

#871 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I dunno...I have to disagree. I like the theme.
Of course, I'm an old guy who lives in America. No one outside of the U.S. knew or cared about the T.V. show and no one under 40 here liked the theme. It was doomed from the start. It was the third theme for the layout and at that point I think they just wanted to get it out the door. They were blowing them out at insanely cheap prices toward the end.
I love mine and it's gonna be one of the last pins I ever sell.

I wasn't big on the theme, but I kind of liked the game straight out of the box (I had a NIB when they were cheap) because of the EM-style chime sounds - then they gimped them and made it sound a whole lot less like an EM. Also, the poor attempts at moron voices (I think it was "keith's" character?) got grating after a while. I will say that with the flipper gap set up like it was and the outlanes, it changed my play enough that I couldn't mix it up with other pins because I found myself doing things that worked in WoF but were bad on virtually any other pins.

How about we make some "Justice for WoF" T-shirts and wear them to shows where Gary will be. It's a longshot, but if Stern still has the code, let an apprentice look at it and at least zip up the obvious stuff.

3 weeks later
#884 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

It IS true, however, that Gary hated the non-"Italian bottom" of the game, and went so far as to rework some number of games that change the area between the flippers. He was the one that was so hot to trot to do that license, to mine and others' objections, so not much else to blame doing that game in the first place other than the mirror. I had watched the show on and off quite a lot over the years and was intimately familiar with it, so as is typical for games I lead, it used the license as much as it could, and I'm very proud of the implementation as far as it got while I was there. As I've said many times, when your primary helper is supposed to be your boss, and he determines other stuff is more important and doesn't help you, not much recourse I have for the state it went out in.

Why did the EM chime effects get cut back in later updates? I liked the nostalgic sounds of the machine with the launch code, but it seems to have gotten worse over time with the mix being changed with no way to bring the chimes back up in the mix.

#902 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The layout & gameplay suck. Plus, if the main "toy" is Slimer that that kind of sucks. And a light up marshmallow man....not the best.
EDIT: Oh yeah but the art (besides the backglass) is great so there's that.

The PRO Ghostbusters DOES suck. but the slimer is hardly the main toy for the Premium. I'd say the magna-slings are, then the more mobile slimer, then the subway ramp. One of the most feature packed recent Sterns. Flipper gap is the main downside.

3 weeks later
#1020 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

StarWars Topper, GB code update...or Stern 30th Anniversary Coffee Table Book...

Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpgIce-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

WWE sold all them too. WOW

Depends on how you define "sold."

#1121 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Patenting RGB LEDs (in a pinball machine).
Hahahahaha. Hilarious.
The not so hilarious part is they could have succeeded, given the insanely broken US patent system.

Except that there was prior art that would have eventually invalidated it.

#1122 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But it was like the most unfinished piece of hot garbage in years right?

Ever. The most unfinished Stern hot garbage in their modern history.

#1124 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Poor Lyman had to code Batman TWICE.

Second time was more successful than the first...eventually. But to be fair, there was a lot more to work with.

4 weeks later
#1138 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

4. A final Ghostbusters update will come following updates to KISS, Dead Pool, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman 66, Iron Maiden, and Beatles.
Lol

Let's just hope it comes before that Wheel of Fortune update.

#1151 5 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Wow Ghostbusters code is even more delayed? It better be a substantial update...

The way gomez was talking at expo it sounds like it's put off until Spring/Summer next year.

4 weeks later
#1161 5 years ago

Getting a little late in the day, Central time. When do they usually post this?

#1167 5 years ago

Wow, a lot of marketing text with almost nothing of substance this time.

#1170 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I read the following "substantive" updates:

we just gave you a big fat KISS update
we just gave you a big fat (surprise) Metallica update
Batman live stream coming soon
Deadpool update coming later this month
Ghostbusters delayed, but still in the works

Maybe you were looking for something else specific and didn't receive it?

So:
happened already
happened already
ok
ok
ok

Not really much of substance. Zero Iron Maiden code update information, even though there's quite a list of bugs remaining. They need to also call out Game of Thrones code by name because that has some serious bugs that haven't been addressed since release literally years ago.

#1187 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

As long as a GB update is on the road map, I don't care when it comes out. I really like seeing the random games get updates dropped, like metallica and twd. Kiss got a big update, we have lots of new programmers there, lots of things coming down the pipe. I think most the people that are good at complaining don't work in a software setting....nothing in software is on time, too many unknowns and so many changes.

Pike. Down the pike.

#1197 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If they want vireland to stop grumbling about the SOTUA, they'll evidently need to include monthly updates on Iron Maiden and GOTG.

Don't care about Guardians of the Galaxy. It sucks.

Game of Thrones, I care about. It's been ignored since release and has some pretty large bugs that need fixing.

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It has not been ignored since release. Unless you're still playing the swashbuckler videa mode?

Oh, right, after saying they were working on a fix for the broken Martell orbits due to their shoddy diverter design/testing, they pushed out a marginal software update so they could include this gem and wash their hands of the issue:

" - Added Adjustment to disable orbiting from left to right. This will be ON by
default on the LE/PREMIUM. All left orbit balls will go to the pop
bumpers by design."

"Broken by design" - how could I have forgotten THAT whopper!

But yeah, the it's been ignored since about 4 months after the Prem/LEs shipped, going on 2.5 years now, and it has some pretty large bugs that need fixing. Zero mention in any of the SotU.

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Game of Thrones has some of the best code out there. It for sure has NOT been "ignored since the release". There have been quite a few updates since the initial release. Sure there are some bugs, but all games have bugs, and I bet they will get to them at some point. The fact that known testers are asking questions points to that. Getting all dramatic about GOT seems like a reach to hear yourself complain.

Pfft, if you were paying attention you'd know that's no reach at all.

And 2.5 years with no significant updates and at least one major game bug and lots of middling bugs remaining is the definition of ignored.

1 month later
#1246 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

One wonders how well it really did sell. Stern stopped making it last year and it went into the archive section. I think they made it for 2 1/2 years, short of the usual 3 years. Compare that with Metallica, which Stern renewed the license on after 3 years to extend it to 5 years total.

Maybe trying to get away from the machine before the Trudeau child porn case concludes? It looks like he has a Plea coming up next week.

3 weeks later
#1260 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Lets get this going again.
Star Wars Topper is waiting for final approval.
Ghostbuster code is still in our schedule. (Early 2020 )
To be honest, I hope to get some info on, Deadpool, Batman and Ghostbusters code schedules...

A surprise GoT code fix/extra features mention would be welcome. It definitely needs some love, at least for the bugs.

#1282 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Problem with GB is currently:
- score balancing
- and a wizard mode like are you a god is simply needed No matter if it's on the card or not.
There is nothing that ties the game together regarding an overlapping strategy.
You catch ghosts for mass hysteria, you play the modes for the modes wizard mode.
Here and there you qualify for one more superjackpots.
But what about the dog or gozer hurryups, what about gears, what about a multiball superjackpot, scoleris being worth it beside a low super jackpot? To reach the 'end' of the game, you can ignore all this.
Those things should be needed in order to qualify to the big wizard mode. Complete modes, x superjackpots, x gears, x pke level value, x ghosts, x hurry up values, x slimed shots, etc.... get all this and you play are you a god. Heck even a big points award for "are you a god" or a small speed run (like destroy the ring) or ...
I think with little work you can make this game perfect.

Massive amount of high score bugs, too. It will make up scores and award champion scores when you weren't close to earning it.

#1286 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My main issue is that you can't see the scores most of the time, but I'm guessing this won't change. Half the time we are playing, we can't tell who's winning.

If they can carve out like 15 pixels at the bottom of the screen for a row of tiny scores, it would be a big improvement.

3 weeks later
2 months later
#1381 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It's coming. My prediction is within 30-45 days. Dwight is finally done with Munsters.

Which is terrible news for Munsters owners, if true.

#1383 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think Stern has a serious sales slow down... Beatles did not sell, Deadpool didn't sell, Munsters is a disaster and this Black Knight is a boat anchor.

Deadpool not selling is past tense. Shockingly, once the code improved substantially, sales picked up. It's very hard to find a HUOPrem/LE for sale now, and people are buying NIB Pros and Premiums almost daily here now.

Beatles? Dud. Munsters? Yep, dud. One is a victim to pricing and marketing disaster, and the other is all about terrible, almost non-existent code.

Too early to call anything on BK, IMO. At least it looks more produced than Munsters.

#1384 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Ghostbusters is done. Theyre not updating it too many skeletons in that closet. Its sad really, if there wasnt so much stigma associated with the game I would get one... and the lack of code update.

Stop putting off ALL updates for some not-coming "giant" Ghostbusters update. Just put out a maintenance release NOW that just fixes the TONS of bugs in Ghostbusters. It has WAY more bugs than Game of Thrones (which has its fair share). If they spent just a few DAYS on it, they could fix and test most or all of the main bugs in Ghostbusters and quiet some of the grumbling.

#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Maybe Stern should SLOW DOWN and get the next game RIGHT... do something new, something original, add something special and give their fans their monies worth. Release a game with good code out of the box like JJP does.

They did that - last year with Iron Maiden. Of course that was essentially a reskinned, modified Archer design. Internally developed Stern pins are all subject to massive homogenization, which is why there's a sameness to them for the most part.

Why Stern hasn't gone after the Nightmare Before Christmas homebrew, I'll never know. Most of the design work is already done and it shoots well from all reports.

#1422 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Let me rephrase that... I bought a brand new in box for $6800.00. Yeah I'd call that taking a bath.

That's not even the lowest I've heard NIB Beatles Golds being dumped for. If Stern ever wants to make the remaining 900 and something golds to get to their stated 1964 unit run, the price will have to be in the $6000 area. But I really think they're going to just move on and try to forget about it.

Quoted from drfrightner:

The point is they couldn't sell it so they dumped it. I know a place here in my town that has one on display and have had it since day one and can't get rid of it. They have it for sale for $8500 but still 8k 8500 whats the difference nobody wants the game for that price.
Don't get me wrong I think Beatles is super fun game, because it seems like its so easy but yet so hard. I like the game I just refused to pay the absurd $8k for the game.

The Beatles store still has Golds listed for $10k. They haven't found a sucker to buy one since the end of November 2018. So much for Beatles fans buying anything. These are the same people that are crazy enough to buy a $2k all white phonograph (that sold out). Not interested in a Beatles pin.

#1430 4 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

You are probably correct, or they may delay production of the remaining 900 for another year or two, but a price reduction will be unprecedented for Stern and unlikely.
The Australian distributor sold out a while ago and has been taking orders for the next production run.

Well they don't have any Diamonds left and only a handful of Platinums for the next run to bribe distributors to take the golds. Lacking that incentive, pretty sure they'll drop the price if they're making more. There's no shortage of golds in the market now, so making more with the intention of selling at $8k is crazy.

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Good points. I will say, I am much more concerned with the steady increase in Playfield issues over lacking code.
Is this the new acceptable quality on an 8k game?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Seems to be. Iron Maiden we got has this to a lesser extent. I sent a pic to Chas and got a shrug. Beatles DOES seem to be worse, though. I've seen some worse than yours.

But it's not a Stern-only thing as jjPotC has similar clear (or maybe adhesion) issues.

#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I was reading or heard it on a podcast that they figured out what the cause was and that they should be able to avoid it in the future.
It's interesting that 3 companies have similar issues within the span of several months. These playfields also come from at least 2 different suppliers. Bottom line is hopefully everyone figures it out and can avoid it down the line. Seeing as Iron Maiden had similar issues to the one shown above with Beatles, it seems the issue there is still a thing. Maybe everyone needs to turn down their powered drivers.

Pretty sure it's more to do with the prep and clearing of the playfields (and cure time). The stupid part is, at least in the case of Stern, they get it pretty good, and then lose it again. It has to be because of multiple suppliers and one is a turd. I can't believe they haven't canned that one yet. They have to know who it is...

2 months later
#1524 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Maybe they do.....No one really knows who makes their playfields and if it's multiple sources. Given the random issues would seem multiple....

Mirco has said Stern is not a customer.

2 months later
#1538 4 years ago

Thre's a spotlight on Mark Guidarelli who is doing the Spike platform low-level software. Wasn't Lonnie doing that? I know some of the system bugs I found were attributed to his system code. Is he not doing that anymore?

2 years later
#1601 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Anyone notice that this month's "Stern of the Union Brewery" is a place that's been out of business for years and I believe (based on memory when I talked to someone on the staff when they opened) prided themselves on not having modern Sterns?

Yeah, that's WEIRD. Down the Road Brewery closed in Aug 2019 when its founder died suddenly (at only 46), so they've been out of business for almost 3 years now. The space was sold almost exactly a year later, in 2020, to another brewery.

https://www.boston.com/food/beer/2020/08/06/aeronaut-down-the-road-everett-brewery/

Seems like Stern would check with their "winners" before posting it.

3 weeks later
#1612 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People just love to bitch and hate not to bitch.
When people were whining endlessly for "more communication!" from Stern it was pointed out by many that sometimes, there's really nothing to communicate.
Well, now they communicate that nothing on a regular basis and guess what? Bitch, bitch, bitch!
It is, as they say, what it is.

But the fake brewery award was really too much. Now they just make stuff up to fill the newsletter? C'mon.

#1614 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just admit it - your day, and indeed pinside - was improved by that fake brewery story, was it not?

Not really. I was just wondering what brewery got screwed out of an award last month so Stern could give it to a long-closed brewery that didn't even like modern Sterns when it existed.

#1616 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't even read it any more. It stopped being 'informative' long ago.
Rob

They started out pretty strong then it just devolved into a by rote recitation of stern army locations and code we already knew about. They *could* make it informative and interesting, but that would take someone in charge who cared about the content. They clearly do not have that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.