FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 6 years ago

Is there a thread on what Stern has announced at expo? A transcript of the panel?

3 weeks later
#212 6 years ago

Star Wars code is NOT bare bones...

2 months later
#364 6 years ago

It is obvious Stern is making significant investments in the software quality. This is hopefully really good news for future releases. Are these folks going to be relocating to Chicago?

4 weeks later
#492 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

With a solid update, I may be interested in getting a huo GB pro or prem. That sounds like six more months. No hurry for me to decide on this title. Wait and see.

Another strategy is to buy when there is lots of supply to get the best price. But with GB they sold so many there really isn't a rush.

4 weeks later
#643 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would say this is a pretty big thing
"Stern at the Midwest Gaming Classic:
More details to come, but stay tuned for what will arguably be the largest presence of Stern Pinball at a pinball show in history. Come visit us at the Stern Marco Specialties booth to play our newest game Iron Maiden as well as our other latest games! For more information on the Midwest Gaming Classic show please visit - https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/"
Previously the presence has been fair to OK. Sounds like this year is gonna be a blow out!

30 games from what I have heard.

#655 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And finish code third.....

That’s 2017 Lyman and Lonnie Stern. Now the calvery has arrived!

3 months later
#772 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No on Elvira3 and unfortunately it looks like Lonnie is doing Munsters.
Seriously, you can't pay a shit load of $$$ on these HUO games and accept that BS.
Just come out and say this is a "location game only" and code will suck because it doesn't matter.
Stern, if you want to keep selling these 1/2 ass HUO coded pins then be prepared to suffer the consequences down the road.
We aren't F ing idiots. IMDN was done long ago and its great.
But there are plenty of people like me that have had it.
Let me know when Lyman is doing the next game, that's what I'd like to see.

How do you guys even know that Lonnie is still working for Stern? I think he is done.

#785 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m hopeful. Stern is set to roll
I’ll take anything new

1. Lonnie has been off GOTG for quite some time.
2. Stern has hired a ton of programmers lately.
3. Keith Elwin said that some of the "9 to 5 ers" had left Stern recently during the Head 2 Head interview. Pretty sure he wasn't referring to the janitor.

#792 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Define quite some time... When Dead_Flip streamed GOTG about 3 weeks ago it was stated that Lonnie was still the lead programmer on the game. So when did this supposedly change again?
https://clips.twitch.tv/WildEndearingTitanNotATK

I was making deductions based on statements made by Stern employees and asking questions. You know that Lonnie is still with Stern? I am looking or someone to confirm or not that he is still there.

2 months later
#979 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Supposedly GB is just bug fixes. Hopefully people are being vocal enough to get them to finish it properly.

Where did you see that GB was just bug fixes?

#1007 5 years ago

Topper. I almost forgot about that.

#1026 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Every game that Stern has needs an update. Get the "Team Play" working Stern. Spooky Pinball has Team Play in TNA

Team play only really works when the objective is very simple and clear (reactors). Stern did team scoring a few years ago. Total bust. Also, I call the team scoring millennial mode. Everyone gets a trophy. Not a fan haha.

#1051 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Why is everyone complaining about the topper not arriving... And when it eventually does come out. They start to scream again about the price. I don't get it.

Everyone is expecting $500. Don't think much screaming will be happening. Then again, this is Pinside.

#1066 5 years ago

Star Wars topper revealed + new Ghostbusters code.

Prediction.

2 months later
#1174 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I wonder what games they're going to move up in front of Ghostbusters next....
It's like Stern is procrastinating and doesn't want to re-visit this game.

Nope I don't think that is it now. Dwight is the coder for Munsters. Munsters is in the crunch window and about to launch. Once Munsters is complete, Dwight will go back to Ghostbusters.

#1183 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Best SOTUA to date IMO
Unless you’re a GB owner
Stern has delivered a lot of code for several games recently so this address was a great summary of fulfilled promises. How can ya bitch about that?
The to-do list is shrinking!

I was thinking the exact same thing. This place can be overly negative and dramatic sometimes.

#1203 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, right, after saying they were working on a fix for the broken Martell orbits due to their shoddy diverter design/testing, they pushed out a marginal software update so they could include this gem and wash their hands of the issue:
" - Added Adjustment to disable orbiting from left to right. This will be ON by
default on the LE/PREMIUM. All left orbit balls will go to the pop
bumpers by design."
"Broken by design" - how could I have forgotten THAT whopper!
But yeah, the it's been ignored since about 4 months after the Prem/LEs shipped, going on 2.5 years now, and it has some pretty large bugs that need fixing. Zero mention in any of the SotU.

Game of Thrones has some of the best code out there. It for sure has NOT been "ignored since the release". The left orbit for many owners (including myself) was a non-issue. You can also enable the complete left orbit in the settings if you also made a couple physical adjustments. There have been quite a few updates since the initial release. Sure there are some bugs, but all games have bugs, and I bet they will get to them at some point. The fact that known testers are asking questions points to that. Getting all dramatic about GOT seems like a reach to hear yourself complain.

#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pfft, if you were paying attention you'd know that's no reach at all.
And 2.5 years with no significant updates and at least one major game bug and lots of middling bugs remaining is the definition of ignored.

I am paying attention - I owned the game. You can also enable the complete left orbit in the settings if you also made a couple physical adjustments.

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah Game of Thrones got tons of love for the first year plus it was out. It’s all there. Just needs a final polish. And it’s definitely being worked on. Just a matter of when, no if imo.

Thanks for chiming in. I knew you were one of the testers.

1 month later
#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Dwight didn't seem interested in working on Ghostbusters at all during his interview with Head2Head. It wasn't even on his radar. I'm thinking it's going to continue to be delayed.
I'll never buy a game of his ever again.

What? He talked about specific rules he wanted to change on Ghostbusters during that interview.

#1255 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Yeah, he said he'd change that "if I ever had to go back". As in, he had no plans for Ghostbusters.

He also said he wasn't allowed to ever say that something was coming. It absolutely is.

#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I dont have a Ghostbusters as I was never a fan of how it shot. I hear everyone complain about a missing wizard mode that is shown on the instruction card. I also heard the Dwight interview on H2H.
I decided to take a closer look at the instruction card to see what the the fuss was about. Here's what I see at the end of the card I see:
"We're ready to believe you: Complete the NINE scenes to start this wizard mode."
"We came, we saw, we kicked its.... Capture GHOSTS to start this wizard mode."
"Are you a god? : Be good at everything"
I see two clearly marked wizard modes. Why does everyone assume "Are you a god" is a third wizard mode? It's not listed as a wizard mode like the other two are.
After hearing the Dwight interview it's clear to me that he put the final line on the card as a nod to the classic quote from the film. I interpret it as simply stating that your are god-like if you can complete everything on the card and do it well.
If it was intended to be a wizard mode wouldnt it have specifically said it was one like the other two did?

Yeah I believe that totally until they added "are you a god?" to the software in the audits. But yes, based purely on the instruction card it isn't listed as a specific wizard mode I agree.

1 month later
#1312 5 years ago

I don't think you will se GB code until Munsters hits 1.0. Star Wars topper on the other hand..... is close....

#1316 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Why is this constantly on the back burner...

Quoted from yzfguy:

Oh, how I love seeing "gb code is still on our schedule" four games down in the code section. Clearly, they don't give a crap.

The reason is that the Ghostbusters coder is bringing Munsters to 1.0 first. They do give a crap.

2 months later
#1348 4 years ago

Star Wars topper?

#1360 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

At this point are am starting to think there is truth to the matter that Ghostbusters is not being updated because of the criminal charges against Trudeau. Everything came to a screeching halt. Don't know why but really grasping at straws on why they abandoned one of their games that still is a top earner on route.

It's coming. My prediction is within 30-45 days. Dwight is finally done with Munsters.

#1434 4 years ago

Isn’t Spooky having similar playfield issues with TNA? harryhoudini

#1442 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Guessing from Kaminkows Sports Car Collection and that he still/ again works with Stern hint that they are able to make good and lucrative licensing contracts.

That didn't come from Batman and Beatles sales. Pretty sure his day job paid for that!

3 weeks later
#1454 4 years ago

When have they ever announced something new VIA the Stern of the Union regarding code? You will already know about it by the time SOTU mentions it.

3 months later
#1533 4 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Not even a mention of how Star Wars The Pin is doing.

They have never mentioned how successful any game is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.