FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I wonder if Stern has dismissed the idea of selling "add-on" or DLC software extending game life for owners, new modes and features etc? Like video game developers do.. I mean, once the stanard issue software is complete. of course that's what I mean..

While it works in the video game industry, I think it would be a terrible idea for the pinball industry, its hard enough for some manufacturers to get code completed for the base game, imagine adding the work load of additional code, plus how would you know what is part of the standard code and what will be extra/paid for?

Fully coded, complete games, some deep (TWD, TSPP) some shallow (IM, TRON) depending on play style but all base code complete upon release or within the first 12 months of release would be ideal and welcome. And if extras get added like CIU in MET etc that's just the icing on the cake, but at current pin prices there should be no additional paid for code!

1 month later
#183 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Sorry Batman owners.

Yeah I don’t get your comment either, the last 10 months haven’t been great but now we have code coming with more scheduled finally some light at the end of this tunnel.

Genuinely excited to see what lyman has planned for the minor villains, very unique and innovative code is a bold claim but if anyone can back it up and deliver the goods it’s Lyman.

3 months later
#507 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

JJP games might be way more advanced but Stern games are just way more fun to play.

DI is pretty damn fun IMO, so much so my misses who is not a player at all wants one, in perspective I haven't been able to ever talk her into paying for a pin before, but she is all up for going halves on a DI

#516 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I know DI is popular but I agree with Elwin's latest interview that games have got too complex, deep, so only the best players have half a chance of finishing them.
He says 30 minutes maximum to complete a game. Another reason I am looking forward to Maiden
But, a lot of people like these epically deep rulesets so that is cool but they are just not for me.

Admittedly my misses likes the emojis and selfies

Oh well you can’t win them all, she’s got her looks going for her

1 week later
#562 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Brian Eddy joins Stern as Sr. Game Designer

That might be the most exciting thing I have heard so far this year, Brian is simply awesome he’s either designed or coded some of my favourite games ever made can’t wait to see what he can do with a new game

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's great but can we get code done Lyman style MUCH faster?
They have the designers.

I don’t see why Eddy couldn’t do an Elwood and make up his own rules for his own games, heck Eddy could probably code the thing himself too.

Indiana Jones, The Shadow and didn’t he code Funhouse? All 3 of those are pinball greats, very exciting to see Eddy return to pinball, well done Stern!

2 months later
#689 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Looks like code updates are over for GOTG and Star Wars.

That will be a shame especially for GOTG, I just watched that video you linked Sinestro in the owners club thread and Save Xander is completely lacklustre it’s just the scene from the movie playing nothing about it is interactive or really feels that linked/connected to gameplay what the player is shooting, it could have been an epic multi stage wizard mode instead it’s a movie reel - and I have an LE on its way to me.

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

It's been a long time and there are few bugs in it. But are they waiting for a big add to put out new code?

After ST VE which none of us saw coming, there is every chance we might see a GOT VE at some point, which would hopefully bring a minor update/bug fix like ST is getting likely fuelled by the VE release.

#698 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I've been told twice now that GoT VE (legit VE with changes) is being looked at.
I've also been repeatedly told that TSPP VE will happen, but I highly doubt that due to BoM cost ... so make of it what you will.

GOT VE with changes is pretty interesting but I don’t buy that the BOM on a TSPP VE is too much for Stern to swallow, the prices of Premiums and especially LEs these days are surely enough for Stern to make a nice profit even on a TSPP VE and it’s a VE I would definitely be interested in if it came with upgraded sound etc

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

More
Of course they could make a profit, but why would they do it if they can make a much bigger profit on something else? Same goes for the rest of their lineup. They could make a profit adding more to all their games, but they'd make less and what they produce now sells.

Because I think there is an finite number of titles that could be released/vaulted, TSPP is one of those titles that I think would do well as a VE as it’s often seen on here in posts along with TRON as a VE that is wanted.

#704 5 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

with the new Star Trek code completion I wonder if they will make a KISS VE so they can finish the KISS code lol

The Kiss code is coming along with GB & AS. Plus there’s no need to Vault Kiss, if what people say is true there are lot of distributors who still have Kiss stock.

3 weeks later
#749 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I don’t like Borg games at all.

2BC392F4-31B9-4DD3-AEAF-AD50B47C4664.gif2BC392F4-31B9-4DD3-AEAF-AD50B47C4664.gif
#758 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

But I didn’t like the Magma-slings.

2B1F4C92-B351-4D6F-AD58-EE814BCCC43D.gif2B1F4C92-B351-4D6F-AD58-EE814BCCC43D.gif
1 month later
#867 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I personally asked Lonnie about the WOF code back at the MGC show last spring. He responded that he did not participate in that code and was frustrated that people thought he did and keep asking him about it. He said that he thought it all came about from a picture being taken of Keith and him in front of a WOF promotional poster and people probably jumped to that conclusion. He said Keith was the programmer and years ago Stern wanted to pay him to finish the code. Of course Keith moved on, and according to a post from Keith several years ago, Stern had his code and could finish it ... but they never did. Stern hates this pin (according to another poster in the WOF thread), so they will likely never revisit the code to complete it.

Corrected to Lyman.

3 weeks later
#932 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

DP’s have barely started shipping and code is 82% to maybe 90% complete?? I have watched videos showing: 3 modes, 2 adventures, Sinister mode, disco multiball, chimichanga multiball and 5x pf multiplier. Only thing I haven’t seen is Sauron mode. What is missing from code from a completeness standpoint?
Code will continue to receive lots of polish and TLC beyond v1.0, but all functions, modes and inserts should be accounted for. Likely more speech and animations will be added too. Game is loads of fun to play now and has a chance to become great. Of course that is what we hope about every game.
[quoted image]

Sauron is in the game, I haven’t seen the Mr Sinister mode though, as far as I was aware it wasn’t coded yet, where have you seen that? Got a link to hand?

#967 5 years ago

Wasn’t on the SOU announcement this month but looks like GOTG just got another code update little tweaks but still another code up!

New code seems to have just dropped.

PRO/PREM/LE V1.04 - Sept. 6, 2018
=====================

- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.25.0
- Added adjustment to scale GI, Insert, and Flasher LED brightness, range
is 25% to 100%.
- Added adjustment to limit GI, Insert, and Flasher LED Max brightness, range
is 64 to 255.

#969 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

The game is done. They just moved to the latest operating system. Even though the Color GI is still unused on Prem/LE

Please tell me your joking? That’s nuts!

#971 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

What are you expecting? Not every game has to be deep as hell. Some games are focused on casual players. Wich might not be as good as we are. So it’s decent.

You said the colour GI isn’t coded, I would expect that to be coded especially since it’s a asvertised on the feature matrix and one of the reasons some people may have brought a Prem/LE.

And colour GI has nothing to do with code depth, so you have lost me a little there although if anything better lightshows draw in casual players and are a nice pay off for better players.

Just doesn’t make sense to have colour GI and not code it/use it.

#973 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Right. What i meant by saying the game is done. Is that the game is deep enough. But I would like to see the Color GI finally working thought.

That’s exactly what I meant, if there is colour GI it should most definitely be coded and used.

I was surprised when you posted saying it wasn’t, as colour GI is awesome in games like TWD and a game like GOTG would benefit from some colour GI in the code as the game is gorgeous!

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, Stern now appears to be putting out at least one title a year with a smaller number of modes that is more approachable for casual players. Last year it was Aerosmith, this year it's Guardians. I don't think it's a bad thing, just glad they are still making games that have deeper code and a lot of modes.

It’s a great approach, offers something for everyone, I just can’t understand why they would put coloured GI in a game and then not code it or use it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 10.95
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 29.95
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.