FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#840 5 years ago

Do you remember when GB was going to happen right after SW went to 1.0? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

#856 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well the tide has turned if Lonnie is gone... Those titles seem to have suffered the most.

Lonnie is gone, or they have 4 programming leads now? IMO, they need one more programming team than they have design teams to give the programmers time to finish up the code after the game is released. Things feel better now than they had just a few years ago.

3 weeks later
#874 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Will there be a BOOM today?!

I'd take a BOO instead and get GB over the finish line.

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You'll probably see a Star Wars topper before GB ever gets finished.

Probably, but we will see. At this point it'll been a while for both.

#914 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

It's gonna be huge...
I can feel it
You know it is
Admit it...

Hopefully. There are a few additions/fixes that stand out just about every time I play. Here is my wish list:

*There's no n00b multiball, like Lil Deadpool. Just make it spell "GHOST" with very easy/easy/medium/hard/very hard settings being how many letters you are spotted. Do that to drop Slimer, 3 hits, BOOM, n00b multiball.
*Terror Dog Champ, everyone gets it even though nobody earns it.
*Since "GHOST" is not used for getting slimed anymore, thus not lighting modes, make the 4 main shots blink. Hit 3 of them to light modes.
*Make multipliers 2X or 3X, not 2X, 3X, or 6X. Scoring gaps are too huge on this game, especially when the main way to light these is with a plunge.
*I guess the wizard mode needs some love. Never been there, but have come close to getting all modes solid a few times.
*Make the Super Jackpot actually super.
*Use those red inserts in the outlanes. An alternating (every X seconds or so) outlane save would be cool. Complete 3 "Gear" banks to light it. Progress and ball save carries over ball to ball.

#951 5 years ago

I route a GB and my players know about a lot of the issues in the game. They didn’t need my help and often tell me things that I didn’t know yet.

3 weeks later
#1081 5 years ago

This month has a lot of content, so kudos there. Looks like KISS has crept forward in development. I doubt GB will be on the table before the end of the year, which is a bummer.

#1086 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Stern need to say that (code updates) so more game will sale. Stern needs to clear warehouse out. You'll be like let me pick one up, new code will be out soon. Tie bate on a string and pull it slowly, so you can follow and not loose track or get distracted. Because you may start paying attention to Spooky and Jersey Jack.

GB has been my only NIB ever, and fortunately I don't have the cash to jump at every new thing. I know things have changed since GB first came out as far as release levels and code updates, but GB has been pretty sad since they said it would be next once SW got to 1.0.

#1089 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah that's not true. Let's say JJP has sold 6,000 games total since WOZ was released at an average price of $8k across all games and models. That's close to $50 million in sales, that's a big chunk of change considering there's only so much pinball money to go around. Yes, JJP is a threat to Sterns business as that $50 million could have been theres.

Stern makes up to 50 games a day and they sell every one of them. They are not capable of missing out on any potential sales if they have no spare inventory.

4 months later
#1250 5 years ago

Munsters had had at least 2 updates since it was revealed. If Munsters is getting worked on, guess what isn't. I really hate this whole situation, but we were told GB update after SW got to 1.0. Well that came and went, and now Munsters is going to get to 1.0 too probably before there will be a break to work on GB.

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'll never buy a game of his ever again.

I'm in the same boat, with a slight difference. The game will have to be complete at the time I'm looking to buy. This was my first and likely last launch party game in general as well. All the games made before GB have been touched on (even though there are still things to be fixed) since the "where's the code" thing and all the games after were getting pretty regular updates. GB stuck in the perfect storm? Maybe. Bitter owner? Heck yeah.

#1257 5 years ago

Coming since OCT 2017. Longest climax ever...

3 weeks later
#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Okup again. $ on “ghostbusters remains in our schedule”?

They did get the schematics out, so I'll give them that.

Aside from that, GB is literally the roadblock to my wallet. Even after that it's iffy. But that is the requirement.

#1303 5 years ago

GB text keeps getting shorter and shorter. I wonder what month they will slip in "GB - done" without actually changing anything. April 1st is a Monday. Close enough?

4 weeks later
#1319 5 years ago

"Stern Insiders were the on the planet to see the official teaser trailer for our newest game Black Knight: Sword of Rage."

I'm glad they were on the planet, but where was everyone else?

1 month later
#1323 4 years ago

According to the last few time stamps, SOTU could post in 3 hours. Not going to dwell what may or might be said, so hopefully I can distract myself until then.

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

I wouldn't start GB code watch until Munsters is at 1.0.

This is reality.

#1333 4 years ago

Munsters at .99, with an update coming later this month. GB getting worked on in June announcement, with a release by July is what I expect at this point. Not wishful hoping expect, strung along angry customer expect.

#1336 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Do you have inside Intel on this?

No, these are my expectations. They said Munsters is getting another update this month, that would take it to 1.0 or beyond. Give them a little time to work on GB and then release it. These are my expectations. I am a location owner with a GB that I quite like and would like to see finished. I may or may not be looking to buy an expensive game in the near future, but am looking to buy something in the next several months. I like many new Sterns. I will not get any of them until GB is done. Similar reason why I don’t care to be a Stern Army member. Why be a private when you run the show?

4 weeks later
#1361 4 years ago

Done buying NIB Stern games and have been for a while. Pretty close to being done trading for/buying legacy Sterns as well.

#1376 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

I just really hope a junior programmer not working on a major project can give some advice to Dwight. After the Munsters code train wreck, an awesome GB update would be a miracle.

Advice, or help? As far as I care, let Dwight do his next game. Give a junior person a list and let them take care of it. Shouldn’t be that hard.

#1412 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If Stern goes into Expo 19 with code for Ghostbusters not completed it will be beyond the embarrassment that this fiasco already is considering George Gomez at last years Expo said GB code is delayed... 29 months, that's nearly 2 1/2 years owners have been waiting. It was October of 2017 that Stern said in their first Stern of the Union address that a Ghostbusters code update would be coming after a Star Wars update...
Kaneda was right "Stern has passionate people but they are driven by money, not by passion". If Stern was driven by passion Ghostbusters code would have been properly completed months ago. I'm sure some people will disagree but this is the image Stern is portraying with the way they have chosen to handle code for Ghostbusters.

I just want to know if they think this delay and the Pinside level uproar is worth whatever they are using to justify the delay.

#1427 4 years ago

Black Knight 3 is a ton of fun. It might not be a deep game for the home buyers, but conveniently enough I have some locations and it would be great at my main location. I also love Iron Maiden, and would really like to have that be my next game, but it probably won't be. Oh well. This is not small time OP tough talk, just the reality. Stern makes games I want, but don't feel like supporting a company who has a hard time coming through on their self-stated promised update.

#1435 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Isn’t Spooky having similar playfield issues with TNA? harryhoudini

I was reading or heard it on a podcast that they figured out what the cause was and that they should be able to avoid it in the future.

It's interesting that 3 companies have similar issues within the span of several months. These playfields also come from at least 2 different suppliers. Bottom line is hopefully everyone figures it out and can avoid it down the line. Seeing as Iron Maiden had similar issues to the one shown above with Beatles, it seems the issue there is still a thing. Maybe everyone needs to turn down their powered drivers.

3 weeks later
#1452 4 years ago

Live from the factory floor...

GARY GB CODE (resized).jpgGARY GB CODE (resized).jpg
#1455 4 years ago

Dwight said on yesterday's Special When Lit podcast (while talking about a semi-infamous food poisoning issue some of the guys had a while back) that he can't be killed off or GB code would never come out. Something like that. I got a laugh out of it. Not a gleeful squee type of laugh, but a whipping boy who now has scar tissue so thick that your strikes inflict no pain type of laugh.

I think that he will be happy if/when GB is finally updated and debugged. We will obviously be happy for an update. Hopefully everyone will be happy in the end of this trip. Are we there yet?

2 months later
#1510 4 years ago

They will cut costs until it bites them and then ease up a little.

This is not a universal problem. If it were everyone would have issues now. The good news is that Stern has been good in the past when Metallica era games had issues and then when the whole ghosting thing happened. They will hopefully fix this and replace the damaged playfields. Until then, don’t buy until you are comfortable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 12.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 103.00
$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address?tu=desertT1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.