FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I wonder if Stern is under-spending on programmers and engineers, and spending way too much on licenses where they end-up beholden to inflexible, armchair designer license holders.

I think they are spending too much money on Vodka Tonics for their Executives.

8 months later
#734 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Well this sucks.
Star Wars is done, everyone knew that by looking at the last patch notes.
But what about GOTG. It cant be done by now. The Prem/LE color GI still remains unused in the latest code.
The worst part of the update "Aerosmith ... still slated for mid-Summer" are they having trouble with it? Then Kiss aaaaaand then Ghostbusters. So it looks like we won't see GB before the end of winter...
I still don't understand the logic behind their release schedule. Shouldn't the oldest game get the first update? Kiss>Ghostbusters>Aerosmith. Makes more sense in my opinion.

Complaining about the schedule of code releases is a relatively new problem to have.

#747 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Well I didn’t care much about GOTG because. I don’t like Borg games at all.
I’m not a hater or owner

Thank you for letting us know that your opinion means nothing in this thread.

2 months later
#890 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

basically! So disappointing.

Why does GB always seem to be 2nd or 3rd in the queue?

#907 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Maybe to you. To others it's a great pin. So imo your opinion sucks in this instance.

Indeed. Pro is a great pin. Premium/LE is even better, but, $2000 better? No. Not even close. Unless you have more money than sense you agree with me.

#956 5 years ago

"Stern has said GB is coming, but people still bitching about it??"

There's a 50/50 shot we will get bumped. It's happened before.

3 weeks later
#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Just for perspective, the last Kiss update was August 2, 2017 - 14 months ago.
Last Ghostbusters update was January 17, 2017 - coming up on 2 years ago.

I just hope GB is more an Aerosmith update and less a Star Trek update.

1 month later
#1146 5 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Wow Ghostbusters code is even more delayed? It better be a substantial update...

Sounds more like they haven't even started on it.

4 weeks later
#1166 5 years ago

Status of Code:

We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:
•Just like Aerosmith, another exciting software release from Lonnie and his team with the absolutely massive KISS code update! We hope you have a happy KISSMAS and are enjoying this huge game changing update!
•Batman 1.0 is finally here and to help celebrate this milestone, stay tuned for an upcoming Dead Flip stream soon with some special guests on hand!
•Deadpool – Another update is in the works and is scheduled to be released later this month.
•Ghostbusters code update is delayed, but remains in our schedule.
•Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time. We hope you enjoyed the gigantic Metallica code update last month!
•If you would like to join our mailing list for code updates, please e-mail [email protected] to sign up.

1 month later
#1217 5 years ago

Ghostbusters code update is delayed, but remains in our schedule. (Trudeau won't return our calls for some reason...)

3 months later
#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

My spin? GB will be after all the new pins are final. When will that be? Maybe they will re-release the pin as a vault, as they did with ST.

And ST got the lamest update when it was vaulted, no thanks.

4 weeks later
#1388 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I have some interesting news... the biggest show for the amusement industry (IAAPA) doesn't show Stern as an exhibitor this coming November. JJP has a booth but no Chicago Gaming or Stern that I can see. I wonder if they have given up on trying to promote their products to amusement operators and let their dealers do the work instead.
I think Stern has a serious sales slow down... Beatles did not sell, Deadpool didn't sell, Munsters is a disaster and this Black Knight is a boat anchor.
I think you might see a new direction for Stern, where they pick their titles more carefully, produce fewer new tittes and hopefully put more into the titles they do produce.
If I was Stern I'd probably be thinking going back to a Music pin but that's just me. I'm sure Stern is going to be concerned with JJP doing Guns N Roses. The next title Stern releases needs to be a home run or the wheels might come off.
Personally I think Stern should restructure their pricing, if you're going to put next to nothing into a game like Black Knight the game should be cheaper! With JJP if you love what they do you can almost always buy sight on unseen, with Stern now its like you never know because it appears they sit around and just figure out ways to make the games cheaper... less toys, less effort, less everything.
I'm sorry Black Knight is a very uninspiring game I think its their worst ever. Beatles I think is fun but c'mon its a copy of another game. Deadpool wasn't based on the movie which was a bummer. Munsters was bigger than Adams Family ever was on TV, why not try to make that game better than Adams Family? Why didn't you go all out to try and create the next Adams Family pinball?
These designers at Stern just don't seem to have anymore imagination. They need to look for some new blood.

If you hate what they're doing now then I GUARANTEE what they do to Elvira is going to REALLY piss you off!

#1440 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Black Knight 3 is a ton of fun. It might not be a deep game for the home buyers, but conveniently enough I have some locations and it would be great at my main location. I also love Iron Maiden, and would really like to have that be my next game, but it probably won't be. Oh well. This is not small time OP tough talk, just the reality. Stern makes games I want, but don't feel like supporting a company who has a hard time coming through on their self-stated promised update.

BK3 pro is not a good location game. Unless you play a lot then the average game time is going to be about 45 seconds with a ball saver that will work about 5% of the time for a good player, 0% for a bad player. I like watching the pros blow it up but even an incredible game lasts less than 5 minutes. No, this one was designed for tournament finals.

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

do you have one on location?
Just curious if this is a WAG or real life experience on how BK3 does on route?

Just anecdotal evidence. Was at an arcade for about 7 hours. $1 a game, people were seriously pissed off as they walked away shaking their heads 45 seconds later.

Not sure about LE because it looks like the 2nd playfield might slow down the game somewhat...

2 months later
#1479 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

When is the update today? Did it happen already?

Not yet. Usually about this time though...

4 weeks later
#1505 4 years ago

Or maybe address the clearcoat elephant in the room?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address?tu=Rondogg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.