FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#231 6 years ago

What happened to it. No Stern of the Union in 2018?

#233 6 years ago

Sorry I missed it! Thx. I’m curios about Ghostbusters code!

#235 6 years ago

You’re welcome!

#253 6 years ago

Things are getting worse 2018...
The last 3 month were really detailed posts. Now they are starting this basic copy and paste thing...
„Ghostbusters – Ghostbusters is still in line for a final update.
Aerosmith – Aerosmith is still in line for an additional update and polish.
KISS –KISS is still in line for a final update“

Cmon... How hard could it be saying something about the progress of each individual game. For instance Ghostbustes is currently in progress... Expected release date February...

Still in line... are we getting it next month? year?? century???

I am thinking about selling my Ghostbusters. Some more details on the upcoming code would have been nice. But „still in line“ doesn’t make the decision easier...

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Maybe the status of these are the same as last... aka they havent been started on. Is there really need to write "these updates still havent been started on"?

Well, no. But it seems odd to copy and paste „is still in line“ for 3 different games at once. I was hoping to get at least little information about when GB update will be done or what will be contained... But it seems like they haven’t made any progress since 3 month... Little disappointed...
Seems like GB will become Avengers 2.0. Final update selected for release. 4 years after initial release...

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

"Still in line" means......"we haven't started on it yet"

I know what is means, but this whole copy and paste thing. And no progress for a long time is pissing me off...

4 weeks later
#297 6 years ago

Don't get your hopes up. We will see the same copy and paste thing like last month. "Every game we made is still in line for another update"

#378 6 years ago

3 new programmers is a step in the right direction.

timballs I hope you will make GB code a beauty!

-December
Ghostbusters – With Star Wars coming to completion soon, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
Star Wars – The team is hard at work and we’re still looking at releasing 1.0 code in early December.

Sounds like a promise

-February
Star Wars – Work continues on the next update.
We continue to add resources to our software department to address updates, enhancements, bug fixes and various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith and KISS

While SW is now running 1.0, GB should have priority now... But anyway 3 new people will do there magic! I believe?! Well we will see...

3 weeks later
#443 6 years ago

Today is the day. Will will get some more information. Wich games are still in the line.
Hopefully we will get details this time!

#482 6 years ago

Mid-Summer sounds like a joke?!! It’s not even Spring... so approximately 5 month from now... it can’t be taking so long... GB last update came in Jan.2017... Hopefully it’s good then...

1 month later
#658 5 years ago

Another let down... Same copy and paste as always...

Status of Code:

We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:

Star Wars – We are in the final phase of testing the latest code and while we weren’t able to release it by end of last month as we hoped, we aim to release it very soon.

Guardians of the Galaxy – We hope you have been enjoying all of the revamped and substjantial code updates released last month! We are continually working to make this game even more fun as we get closer to 1.0.

Batman ’66 – Another great update was released last month and we are working towards another update later this month!

With the added resources to our software department, we continue to address updates, enhancements, and bug fixes while adding various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, and KISS. We expect these code updates to start releasing by mid-Summer.

Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time.

The whole article http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-may-2018

#660 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wit you mean they didn't get the SW code 9ut when they said they would?!?!
Shocker

I don’t care about SW...

I’m waiting for GB. And GOT. At least GB is mentioned in their list. But what about GOT...

2 months later
#727 5 years ago

Well this sucks.

Star Wars is done, everyone knew that by looking at the last patch notes.
But what about GOTG. It cant be done by now. The Prem/LE color GI still remains unused in the latest code.

The worst part of the update "Aerosmith ... still slated for mid-Summer" are they having trouble with it? Then Kiss aaaaaand then Ghostbusters. So it looks like we won't see GB before the end of winter...

I still don't understand the logic behind their release schedule. Shouldn't the oldest game get the first update? Kiss>Ghostbusters>Aerosmith. Makes more sense in my opinion.

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I agree except Kiss has had a lot of updates already - more than most games really.
Aerosmith and GB haven't gotten anywhere near the attention Kiss has.

I don't even care about Kiss, but I feel bad for the owners of it. Because I know how it feels if one of your beloved games simply plays like beta due to the lack of complete code. Ghostbusters is one of my favorites, but out of all my games it is the worst in terms of code.
Stern now has 5 or 6 code people hired. Everyone of them should finish up his dedicaded project(game) before starting with a new game. So there is no chance of missing something and creating long waits and frustrated owners

#743 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You clearly never had a game that played like a beta like Batman'66, GotG.

You are wrong. I played both, GOTG didn't feel beta to me at any point it. I don't like the playfield layout though.
But Batman did feel very poor. I startet playing it with 0.69. Its incredible to see, how code can affect the gameplay. And make the game feel completely different(new) And we are just at 0.92. So there is a lot more to come.

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The POINT is, KISS is nowhere NEAR any of those pins, so anyone calling the code beta is a moron or a hater.

Well I didn’t care much about GOTG because. I don’t like Borg games at all.

I just said I feel bad for Kiss owners for not having decent Kiss code three years after release. I’m not a hater or owner

#755 5 years ago

I don’t understand why everyone is upset. Not everyone has to like every game from every designer.

I love my Ghostbusters. THE GAME everyone is shouting at.

#757 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I love KISS so much I sold my pro and bought an LE!
But, I can see how much better it could be with the final polish so just glad it is 100% happening.

Yeah i played kiss Le two weeks ago. Some inserts are unused. And the City’s don’t do anything. So code will definitely change the game.

I’m not that familiar with kiss so I don’t know the specific differences between the pro and Prem/Le. But you seem to like them.

I could’ve got GB Prem. But I didn’t like the Magma-slings. So i choose the pro. And I didn’t regret it. Still happy with it one year later. Code is good, but I can’t wait to see a new update with all those bugs cleared out Still hyped to see Color-DMD soon.

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It sounds like you played the game a few times and aren't really in a position to evaluate the completion level of the code (hint: it's nearly complete and has been for a long time).

I played the game on location. It was to loud to hear something. Everyone feels different about the status code. Don’t take every word to serious. And don’t be rude if someone has a different opinion. I’m not a really good player, so im not always able to get trough every mode. It’s a hobby it should be fun for every one.

#762 5 years ago

Beta might have been the wrong word then. Im not a god in terms of English language.

2 weeks later
#797 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Nope, it's awesome. Some of Dwight's best work.

It wasn't really an update. They just updated to System-2.04. No bug fixes nothing new. So I think they just finalized the game.

2 weeks later
#832 5 years ago

What a joke... mid-summer haha...

#834 5 years ago

@shapeshifter
So Kiss as X-MAS present.
Which means Ghostbusters won't be here before January 9th. So it took them exactly 2 years...
I just hope they dont take "final" GB update to serious. One update won't fix it all.

4 weeks later
#876 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You'll probably see a Star Wars topper before GB ever gets finished.

Stern will be bankrupt before any of this happens

Relax! It’s a joke...

#881 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

We should all relax, it has only been out for 876 days or so. We don't want to rush them or anything....

Well, it has been exactly 603 days since the last code update. So absolutely no hurry to get some new code...

Sorry, but Stern is doing great stuff recently. But if I look at GB, Kiss and Aerosmith. It seems like Stern forgot about them... GB is my only game right now, wich I play multiple times per week. Its playing great I dialed it in nicely. But every time I play it, i wish the code wasn't as buggy and incomplete as it is now. So I am looking forward for a nice and BIG update wich hopefully doesn't just fix the bugs...

1 week later
#968 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wasn’t on the SOU announcement this month but looks like GOTG just got another code update little tweaks but still another code up!
New code seems to have just dropped.
PRO/PREM/LE V1.04 - Sept. 6, 2018

The game is done. They just moved to the latest operating system. Even though the Color GI is still unused on Prem/LE

#970 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Please tell me your joking? That’s nuts!

What are you expecting? Not every game has to be deep as hell. Some games are focused on casual players. Wich might not be as good as we are. So it’s decent.

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You said the colour GI isn’t coded, I would expect that to be coded especially since it’s a asvertised on the feature matrix and one of the reasons some people may have brought a Prem/LE.
And colour GI has nothing to do with code depth, so you have lost me a little there although if anything better lightshows draw in casual players and are a nice pay off for better players.
Just doesn’t make sense to have colour GI and not code it/use it.

Right. What i meant by saying the game is done. Is that the game is deep enough. But I would like to see the Color GI finally working thought.

1 week later
#977 5 years ago

7 days from now... Stern has to let us know the status of Kiss ans GB code. I hope GB will arrive this year. And has at least the same amount of new and fixed stuff as Aerosmith had.

#1032 5 years ago

What happened? Did Stern leave the business? Just kidding

I guess just maintenance work.

A934C00D-F0E3-45B2-877A-E423B9425FF6 (resized).pngA934C00D-F0E3-45B2-877A-E423B9425FF6 (resized).png
#1049 5 years ago

Why is everyone complaining about the topper not arriving... And when it eventually does come out. They start to scream again about the price. I don't get it.

#1055 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

For what a person gets on some of the Stern toppers, the value does not equal to the price.
Did you buy a GB topper?

Of course not. I’m not willing to pay additional 569€ for a piece of plastic wich does contain cheap Chinese made node boards sold with margin of 1000%. I know that licenses do cost money. But it can’t be that much. To be honest it does look cool, but I would not pay more than 300€ for it. Considering the game itself is over 6,2k€

#1077 5 years ago

They forgot how copy and paste works. That’s why it isn’t up yet.

2 months later
#1184 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's now been 14 months since Stern first mentioned a Ghostbusters code update coming after Star Wars is completed...that was in their first ever Stern of the Union address. That's ridiculous.

Maybe they are waiting until the topper is finally finished That would be insane... :/

1 month later
#1210 5 years ago

Lets warm it up again...

Expectations for 2019...

"Ghostbusters has been cut from our schedule"

#1216 5 years ago

https://sternpinball.com/2019/01/08/stern-of-the-union-address-january-2019/

Deadpool – Hope all you Deadpool owners have been enjoying the new v0.97.0 code that was released a few weeks ago. We are working on another code update that is scheduled to be released later this month.

Ghostbusters code update is delayed, but remains in our schedule.

Just because a game isn’t listed here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time. We hope you enjoyed the gigantic Metallica code update last month!

Accessories:

The physical model for the Star Wars topper has been approved. We’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available for sale and add it to our Stern Shop.

#1223 5 years ago

Seems like SW and GB owners won’t get anything soon. So both clubs should team up and fight against stern

Interesting that Batman in no longer mentioned in the Union Adress.

#1233 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

SW feels like a complete game at this point, probably one of the deepest Stern games out there. A final polish update would be nice but overall it's in a much better state then Ghostbusters.

I was actually referring to the topper Wich is the same never ending story as GB code.

3 weeks later
#1248 5 years ago

Lets get this going again.

Star Wars Topper is waiting for final approval.
Ghostbuster code is still in our schedule. (Early 2020 )

To be honest, I hope to get some info on, Deadpool, Batman and Ghostbusters code schedules...

3 weeks later
#1293 5 years ago

Stern please don't use copy and paste all the time. We know that Ghostbusters remains in your companies schedule. What about finally starting to work on it after 2years+. You guys did a great job with Kiss and Aerosmith, so why can't you just do the same thing to Ghostbusters. If Dwight can't handle it just let Lyman do its magic to it.

Dont take it to serious... Imagine telling your boss, you are going to finish an order over and over again without any progress. Id doesn't take long until your worship will be ended. Just saying...

4 weeks later
#1317 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The reason is that the Ghostbusters coder is bringing Munsters to 1.0 first. They do give a crap.

It is not. They are fooling us.
They told us GB is getting finished as soon as SW hits 1.0. Well 1.0 got released Dec.11 2017... In the meantime SW is already on 1.05...

1 month later
#1322 4 years ago

I wonder if Ghostbusters code is still in their schedule. I keep forgetting it every month

#1327 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I heard it's just been delayed for 27 months but remains in their schedule.

Thanks buddy I just wanted to know that. I forgot wich game it was wich they promised to work on Yeah Ghostbusters almost forgot its existence. xD

4 weeks later
#1364 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

How about the news of another BKSOR update!

No one cares about BKSOR. It a beautiful game. With a nice young talented programmer. Wich keeps pumping out updates.
Ghostbusters is the whole story.

3 weeks later
#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Ok- I understand the definition of insanity but here’s hoping there’s ANYTHING other than a rinse and repeat of GB code. For the love of God, please tell me something different. And go...

Computer says no... Unfortunately... :/

2 months later
#1508 4 years ago

Memory isn’t an issue. Just add a bigger SD card... Done.

2 months later
#1542 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

These threads are quieter without the regular code outrage .

Star Wars topper outrage starts in 3.. 2.. 1..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address?tu=Midway-Man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.