FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DNO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#312 6 years ago

Stern should go back to silence, because they tried and all everyone does is still bitch.

1 week later
#398 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

g ACDC is nice cause I don't have to start thinking "Um how long as Stern known my super jackpots don't work and not fixed the issue?"

You HAVE been getting the points!!!
They just weren't being added to the "x-Multiball total" display.

6 months later
#903 5 years ago

Manga slings suck

#953 5 years ago

Stern has said GB is coming, but people still bitching about it??
They are doing great things about code, but I guess if everything isn't being done at once they deserve to be shit on.
Where is the Star Wars topper? Lol
Just as predicted, stern relates their plans, and now everyone bitches about timelines and things not being done NOW!

#962 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

But... Stern sold incomplete games & dragged their feet for way too long so although errbody is grateful for the communication & new hires there's years of frustration amplifying the emotion of GB, KISS & etc owners.

"Incomplete is debatable, but good point.
I don't play some of these titles very much, but they earn decent, and there is pretty decent play there.

2 weeks later
#1021 5 years ago

SOTU was (probly) created because of the pinside cries of "zero communication" and such. But it will never be enough, and it will never change what is actually happening or going to happen. It's just there to appease the casual followers, and show an effort to communicate.
For me, it is enough, and if they actually mention something there, I trust it will not be abandoned. I also don't car much on timelines at that point, I actually enjoy playing pins at all stages of code, and so does 95% (or more!) of the people playing pinball in this world.
Why some people can't even act happy about pinball without Stern and SOTU being unrealistically perfect, is beyond me.

2 months later
#1189 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of time between code updates. Based on today's SOTU address, it would be a Twinkie 35 feet long weighing approximately 600 pounds.

The Twinkie-gument?
Def. a first!
Some things are taking time, but I think Stern properly puts things on priority, some just like to complain from their game owner view, understandable, to a point.
When stern is obviously trying very hard, and delivering a ton of good things, to see people just bitch and moan just looks like tantrum BS.
(Not directed toward Twinkie-gument, that was funny)

3 years later
#1608 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

There is no newsletter on the planet that has more words that tell you absolutely nothing than the Stern State of the Union.

Stern SOTU was created to shut Pinside up when all anyone would do is bitch about the state of code on Stern machines.
Every other thread was about how Stern had “no communication” and pleas for anything besides radio silence. Tons of people just begging for any type of word from Stern about things such as what’s on the line, status of code, anything about what is going on with Stern!
They responded, got their shit together with code, hired lots of new people, and have been churning out great games.
I have only actually read a couple of these, but it is pretty ironic to see people whine about the answer to what they previously used to whine about.
Not sure what anyone thought these would be, other than what they are, and I’m sure plenty of casual players and people off Pinside love this stuff and feel a better connection to Stern through them.
Where’s the JJP newsletter to show them how it should be done?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.50
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DNO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address?tu=DNO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.