FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 33.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

The whole "Stern army" thing is so cheesy. What's the point? Am I missing something here?

like everything else Stern related it's a little vague to explain

#252 6 years ago

I'm not surprised there hasn't been a bunch of developments regarding code for December. During December there's typically company holidays and a lot of workers also take vacation. Also, having fellow coworkers out on vacation impacts timelines as well.

Hopefully a ton of people over there took extra time off around the holidays as time with family and friends is extremely important.

#253 6 years ago

Things are getting worse 2018...
The last 3 month were really detailed posts. Now they are starting this basic copy and paste thing...
„Ghostbusters – Ghostbusters is still in line for a final update.
Aerosmith – Aerosmith is still in line for an additional update and polish.
KISS –KISS is still in line for a final update“

Cmon... How hard could it be saying something about the progress of each individual game. For instance Ghostbustes is currently in progress... Expected release date February...

Still in line... are we getting it next month? year?? century???

I am thinking about selling my Ghostbusters. Some more details on the upcoming code would have been nice. But „still in line“ doesn’t make the decision easier...

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

like everything else Stern related it's a little vague to explain

They should leave social media. Just shut it down. There's nothing but vagueness and it leaves people disappointed. Why even use it?

Hire another coder with the savings (assuming there's still a coder there)

#255 6 years ago

Doesn't Stern shut down for 2 weeks during Christmas so all their workers can take vacation time?

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

The last 3 month were really detailed posts. Now they are starting this basic copy and paste thing...
Cmon... How hard could it be saying something about the progress of each individual game. For instance Ghostbustes is currently in progress... Expected release date February...
I am thinking about selling my Ghostbusters. Some more details on the upcoming code would have been nice. But „still in line“ doesn’t make the decision easier...

agreed - wow that's weak.

Ghostbusters: Still a pinball machine we created in 2016. Will update eventually.

#257 6 years ago

The whole "Stern army" thing is so cheesy. What's the point? Am I missing something here?

It's just an initiative to have local pinball fans help to persuade locations to put pinball machines on route by sharing success stories and engaging locations about pinball. Their hope is when local businesses see pictures and read write ups of players gathering for pinball events and generating revenue at those establishments, those business would be more likely to allow pinball machines in their locations. In return, Stern backs events at these locations with prizes and exposure. Sure the program is a little cheesy, but I look at it like trying to promote location pinball is something I basically do anyway, so if I can get some fun prizes for my players and a little exposure for my events by participating there is no reason not to do it.

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Maybe the status of these are the same as last... aka they havent been started on. Is there really need to write "these updates still havent been started on"?

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's just an initiative to have local pinball fans help to persuade locations to put pinball machines on route by sharing success stories and engaging location about pinball. Their hope is when local businesses see pictures and read write ups of players gathering for pinball events and generating revenue at those establishments, those business would be more likely to allow pinball machines in their locations. In return, Stern backs events at these locations with prizes and exposure. Sure the program is a little cheesy, but I look at it like trying to promote location pinball is something I basically do anyway, so if I can get some fun prizes for my players and a little exposure for my events by participating there is no reason not to do it.

Thanks, now it doesn't seem cheesy to me at all. I was thinking that you emailed them and asked to be in the army, then they put your name in the next Stern of the Union, nothing more.

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Maybe the status of these are the same as last... aka they havent been started on. Is there really need to write "these updates still havent been started on"?

Well, no. But it seems odd to copy and paste „is still in line“ for 3 different games at once. I was hoping to get at least little information about when GB update will be done or what will be contained... But it seems like they haven’t made any progress since 3 month... Little disappointed...
Seems like GB will become Avengers 2.0. Final update selected for release. 4 years after initial release...

#261 6 years ago

"Still in line" means......"we haven't started on it yet"

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

"Still in line" means......"we haven't started on it yet"

I know what is means, but this whole copy and paste thing. And no progress for a long time is pissing me off...

#263 6 years ago

WOF still in line for an update

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm not surprised there hasn't been a bunch of developments regarding code for December. During December there's typically company holidays and a lot of workers also take vacation. Also, having fellow coworkers out on vacation impacts timelines as well.
Hopefully a ton of people over there took extra time off around the holidays as time with family and friends is extremely important.

Oh yeah, huge holiday month, thanksgiving and Xmas plus New Years, then add on CES. Work won’t start until late next week or so. This is normal all around the world. I just think us here are checking daily for updates.

We had a huge Korean holiday that shuts everything down for a week or two, a bit ago.

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

THIS!

Plus there were some major updates, so everything fine.

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Oh yeah, huge holiday month, thanksgiving and Xmas plus New Years, then add on CES. Work won’t start until late next week or so. This is normal all around the world.

I guess no one told me and everyone I know not to work the last month

#267 6 years ago

gruuurj (resized).pnggruuurj (resized).png

#268 6 years ago

A lot of people take time off from work between Thanksgiving and New Years. It can be tough to progress through projects with a partial staff.

I'm disappointed to not see any new Ghostbusters news, but I understand why it's the same as last month.

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Well, no. But it seems odd to copy and paste „is still in line“ for 3 different games at once. I was hoping to get at least little information about when GB update will be done or what will be contained... But it seems like they haven’t made any progress since 3 month... Little disappointed...
Seems like GB will become Avengers 2.0. Final update selected for release. 4 years after initial release...

GB isn't the biggest worry with Dwight's titles, though the continuing absence of the promised final wizard mode is bizarre.

GoT still needs some polish and bug fixes.

ST is in dire need of bug fixes that have supposedly been on the agenda for over 18 months (when we last heard Lyman was helping him fix them).

As GB isn't feature complete, you can likely count on at least one more update. His other titles, despite assurances otherwise, I wouldn't count on it.

Edit: I think he was also on WWE.

TLDR, don't *expect* them, but probably the only titles you should hope to be significantly revisited, improved and bug fixed after 18 months go by are Lyman's.

#270 6 years ago

This thread is only 3 months old. Way too early to let an idea like Stern of the Union to fall into "nothing new to report".

Obviously a Stern of the Union idea is "for us" - the hardcore types that obsess over every bit of info. So they can't really complain that the latest update went over like a fart in an elevator.

I get that announcing new software updates every month is basically impossible. That's Batman66 "every 2 weeks" territory. So I propose to Zach that more is found to talk about. In the interest of being constructive, here are some ideas:

-What exactly have the various teams been doing since the last update?
-Maybe a short video with a team member each month, showing a challenge they were working on or have worked through.
-For a game like GOTG which is brand new, and will continue to have frequent updates, how is it decided what goes into each update?
-Christmas just passed, this months Stern of the Union could have easily covered some more fluffy "what happens at Stern for the holidays", ie: we take a break, we have a party, floors are waxed, blah blah
-What kind of iterative process does pinball programming go through

Just trying to be helpful.

#271 6 years ago

Or a lovely phrase like ' Champion awards ' will be added in the KISS final update

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Maybe they should have hired you. Great ideas and feedback!

#273 6 years ago

Those sneakers! New GOTG code released today!
New code is up (0.85):
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code

PRO V0.85 - January 9, 2018

#274 6 years ago

Seriously stern? How about they just post Metallica's latest code as an update for GOTG and call it a day?

Let's get going with GB!

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

-Maybe a short video with a team member each month, showing a challenge they were working on or have worked through.
-For a game like GOTG which is brand new, and will continue to have frequent updates, how is it decided what goes into each update?
-Christmas just passed, this months Stern of the Union could have easily covered some more fluffy "what happens at Stern for the holidays", ie: we take a break, we have a party, floors are waxed, blah blah

That's quite obviously stuff for another format.
Stern of the union is short an on point... well at least as corporate communication makes it possible.

If Gary told us how he'd pooped today everybody would lament that he shouldn't distract from the important stuff.

I'd like to read all that but not in here (do it on facebook, like the Q&A with Steve Ritchie). For me it's (for example) important to know if there's some update for KISS incoming AT ALL, wich we didn't know if the game has been abandoned before.

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This thread is only 3 months old. Way too early to let an idea like Stern of the Union to fall into "nothing new to report".
Obviously a Stern of the Union idea is "for us" - the hardcore types that obsess over every bit of info. So they can't really complain that the latest update went over like a fart in an elevator.
I get that announcing new software updates every month is basically impossible. That's Batman66 "every 2 weeks" territory. So I propose to Zach that more is found to talk about. In the interest of being constructive, here are some ideas:

And I want peace on Earth

#277 6 years ago

I would rather wait a month or two and have them do the GB code right. Not rush them to get something out that everyone will complain about.

#278 6 years ago

it would be great if they did the aerosmith code. they have said they are "adding polish" to it for like 6 months. star wars and batman have had like 100 updates. they should do another one for game of thrones too.

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I would rather wait a month or two and have them do the GB code right. Not rush them to get something out that everyone will complain about.

They aren't being rushed. GB has been out about 2 years I think.

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They aren't being rushed. GB has been out about 2 years I think.

I get that, but Dwight has been working on SW and is just finishing up, I would rather have him take some time to make GB code outstanding.

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Damn you. Stop sharing your logic. I had my pitchfork in my hand. Now I have to put it away.

Party pooper.

But I will have my torch & fork ready next month!

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Damn you. Stop sharing your logic. I had my pitchfork in my hand. Now I have to put it away.
Party pooper.
But I will have my torch & fork ready next month!

There's a couple threads about pinstadium that your pitch fork is needed in

#283 6 years ago

Thanks, now it doesn't seem cheesy to me at all. I was thinking that you emailed them and asked to be in the army, then they put your name in the next Stern of the Union, nothing more.

Stern army locations also get discounts on NIB games.

Quoted from twinmice:

I get that, but Dwight has been working on SW and is just finishing up, I would rather have him take some time to make GB code outstanding.

Don’t forget about GOT

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

First Ive heard of this...since Stern doesn't sell directly to locations, how does this work?

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

what sort of discounts should we expect?

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

First Ive heard of this...since Stern doesn't sell directly to locations, how does this work?

Just get with a distributor. They are in the know apparently. Might have to get stern Involved too.

#287 6 years ago

They should get as much discount as they can get if they buy one or more stern titles as soon as they come out. I come from a place where people should be rewarded for being loyal good customers. Promoting a brand that you pay for its product? These people should be compensated at the very least how about a round of applause.

3 weeks later
#288 6 years ago

Today is the day!

KISS news please??

#289 6 years ago

I want Aerosmith code and a Star Wars topper!

#290 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I want Aerosmith code and a Star Wars topper!

You'll get nothing!

And like it!

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Today is the day!
KISS news please??

Hahaha yeah right. We're not worth a deuce.

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

They should get as much discount as they can get if they buy one or more stern titles as soon as they come out. I come from a place where people should be rewarded for being loyal good customers. Promoting a brand that you pay for its product? These people should be compensated at the very least how about a round of applause.

Keep day dreaming I basically told Stern to "FO" and have spoken with my wallet (I've actually felt a lot better since doing that decision). After buying NIB ST, TWD, GB and getting shitty code support (for those and HUOs') not to mention continuous cheapening of parts and price jacking I was done. Now JJP and AP will get my $. I don't care if I spend more and have better machines. SW was an absolute disaster from a BOM perspective. Stern's Cash Cow strategy is about to come to an abrupt stop in 2018. Other manufacturers are excelling while Stern still believes it can do whatever the hell it wants. This Stern of the Union BS is another attempt to keep people on a string to hopefully appease the masses.

At any rate, you guys can keep hoping that Stern will change or force them to. There is no middle ground.

#293 6 years ago

I've been pretty lucky with Stern but lost a little faith after Ghostbusters and Batman 66 came out. Both dream themes for me and were disappointing. When the negativity hit on Star Wars, I pretty much ignored it and after buying it, I have restored my faith in them. Star Wars is an absolute blast to play and show off in the basement and I will patiently wait for the accessories. Now after following the code on Batman, I am thinking of putting it side by side with SW. It's a great time to be a pinball fan.

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

After buying NIB ST, TWD, GB and getting shitty code support

How can you say that TWD got shitty code support? It probably has the best code of any game out there.

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Today is the day!
KISS news please??

"KISS is still in line for a final code update by the end of the century".

"Ghostbusters is still in line for a final code update pending the release of a 3rd movie".

Lol. Hoping for some good news today.

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How can you say that TWD got shitty code support? It probably has the best code of any game out there.

It does now. But at the start it was an absolute disgrace. Lyman took it upon himself to finish it off the books. I guess I should have phrased it that way.

#297 6 years ago

Don't get your hopes up. We will see the same copy and paste thing like last month. "Every game we made is still in line for another update"

#298 6 years ago

We're getting close to the tease for the next game, which should be playable at TPF. Maybe we don't get any images or video, but we might get a small hint on what's to come there.

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's all aboot how long it takes to get there. Some would say Metallica is just as good and that took a year to put in CIU + Wizard modes. GOT & SW were pretty quick though.

#300 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"KISS is still in line for a final code update by the end of the century".
"Ghostbusters is still in line for a final code update pending the release of a 3rd movie".
Lol. Hoping for some good news today.

Which century?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.95
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/6?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.