FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 33.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Here's your stern of the Union.
Sad stern, sad. You did this to yourself Gary.

If you're going to post pictures to prove your argument, you'd better have one from JPP's demo.

And they had better be at start time for both. Otherwise, you're spitting out inflammatory remarks with no fair comparison.

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I don't see how your point is relevent or how you can just come up with that kind of hypothesis without looking at my bank account.

At that time thr pro model wad at the top of what i wanted to pay and i knew eventually star wars would come around and that i would have to sell a game ro get it.
But the fact that the price difference between my gb and star wars is more than 1k makes this title unworthy on price alone.
Now factor in ghosting problems that are now considered normal and i automatically have stopped caring what stern dishes out.
Bullshit pricing, bullshit lowring of features, bullshit legal clauses = im not drinking their koolaid.

Sounds like you were pretty close to pulling the trigger eh?

At first i told myself i was going to get a pro. Then stern released the game and the feature matrix and pricing.
I look at the price and what was on the pro and told myself i would have to get a premium.
I paused and reflected on this and realized that's exactly what stern wanted. To dumb down the pro to get more prem sales.
But the price difference and the feature differences are not perceived has added value. The hyperdeive yes..the death star egg. No.
Ill wait for the star wars pro ve that includes the hyperdrive.

Look, you love to piss & moan aboot Stern all day, I get it and shit I don't even disagree with you. Just don't come here and act like you have some fucking pennies jingling in your pocket outside the Star Wars store and then POTC came around and talked you out of it.

Am I out? Nope.... I like pinball. Am I out for now....absolutely. Until the manufacturers take their heads out of their ass I'm speaking with my wallet.

None of us think that was going to happen anytime soon and not retroactively with SW so just stop it please.

#153 6 years ago

Well, it looks like the next release of "Stern of the Union" had better be a blockbuster accompanied by a code release.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, it looks like the next release of "Stern of the Union" had better be a blockbuster accompanied by a code release.

Well, the first one did.

#155 6 years ago

Star wars was a theme i was waiting for and stern just completely ruined it (in my view). I typically buy nib only 10+months in with stern. I dont believe i have contradicted myself at all.

Stern dumbed down sw to dismall levels and expected us to pay premium dollars. I was fighting qith myself for a while and just told myself eventually that i was not going to give in to this type of bs.

I was hoping at first that there ghosting issues would be resolved but they are obviously not. I was also waiting on the prem le video that came out much later which was very underwhelming to me...especially the cracking egg that didnt even light up.

Yes I piss and moan about Stern all the time when i feel its warranted (which is always lol). But dont you worry ill be very content with my new purchase and stern can keep on kicking their can down the road.

If stern fixes their shit and come up with a worthy game with gotg i might be in if i have the funds for that but with this new purchase at the moment im tapped out. So it will be either HUO or NIB further down the road pending JJP doesnt release a better game with Toy Story.

Now please stay out of my finances...god knows i already have my wife to worry about

#156 6 years ago

Stern dumbed down sw to dismall levels and expected us to pay premium dollars.

That's what I thought at first, but the more I've played it (at a fiend's house and on location), it has really impressed me, especially with the new code update.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That's what I thought at first, but the more I've played it (at a fiend's house and on location), it has really impressed me, especially with the new code update.

Yup. To each is own really. Everytime i would look at star wars i would ask myself if trading a game was worth it. Last night for me i didnt flinch at trading up 2. The theme and explaination of gameplay and esthetics of the game alone sold me. Ive rewatched the gameplay twice today and my mind hasnt change

#158 6 years ago

Yup. To each is own really. Everytime i would look at star wars i would ask myself if trading a game was worth it. Last night for me i didnt flinch at trading up 2. The theme and explaination of gameplay and esthetics of the game alone sold me. Ive rewatched the gameplay twice today and my mind hasnt change

I'm not comparing the two. Pirates looks great.

Just saying Star Wars initial impressions changed for me.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Of course. I really wasnt arguing that. Just talking from my point of view thats all.

#160 6 years ago

Stern’s commitment to quality, and to their customers, is questionable on several levels. But they have nothing to be ashamed of with Star Wars. I own most of the pinside top 20, and Star Wars is the family favorite. I have to admit that it takes a couple weeks of playing it, fine tuning it, learning the rules and strategy. But owners would agree, it’s a game that (more than any other) makes you play one more.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Because there is absolutely no comparison.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

If you're going to post pictures to prove your argument, you'd better have one from JPP's demo.
And they had better be at start time for both. Otherwise, you're spitting out inflammatory remarks with no fair comparison.

Actually that's directly from Stern's Facebook video. And you can watch it start to finish there in real time. And also read the comments in real time.
And count the people there, which includes stern employees.

So

Screenshot_20171013-231649 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171013-231649 (resized).png

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Actually that's directly from Stern's Facebook video. And you can watch it start to finish there in real time. And also read the comments in real time.
And count the people there, which includes stern employees.
So

But really - they had no updates really, and everybody knew it,
So this is the result ..

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

But really - they had no updates really, and everybody knew it,
So this is the result ..

Just seems like everyone in the army went AWOL.

Justify it anyway you want.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

They've been malnourished for a long time. AWOL is to be expected.

#166 6 years ago

Wait a min. Stern was at Expo?

I remember they showed off the Vault edition of Batman 66.

Hey Stern. PLAY BETTER!

1 week later
#167 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

His justification is the only one needed.

1 week later
#168 6 years ago

So, we must be due the November monthly update soon?

Are the code updates for KISS, AS and GB any closer?

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Eagerly awaiting info on Aerosmith and GB code.
But not really expecting much.
Surprise us Stern. Give us some tidbits of what is being worked on please.

#170 6 years ago

Well, at least TECHNICALLY they're closer, due to time and all.

#171 6 years ago

I thought these updates were going to be monthly?

#172 6 years ago

Until Stern shows they can even give routine timely updates on the STATUS of anything they are working on this “Stern of the Union” thing is a joke.

Drink the Kool-Aid if you want but Stern is gonna do things their way and until it hurts profits it probably is not gonna change.

#173 6 years ago

It went the way of the commitment to code updates

#174 6 years ago

I thought these updates were going to be monthly?

They did one in October - they have until the end of November to keep “monthly” a thing, right? Or did they say they’d do it on the first Monday of the month or something?

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

They did one in October - they have until the end of November to keep “monthly” a thing, right? Or did they say they’d do it on the first Monday of the month or something?

Could be right.

I was thinking every 30 days but calendar month would mean anytime in November.

#177 6 years ago

First Tuesday of the month...

http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-november-2017

Status of Code:

We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here are some of the latest updates and status of things in the works:

Star Wars – The team has outlined a path to 1.0 final code with the hopes of release early December. In addition to bug fixes, score balancing and additional speech, here’s a sneak peek at some of the content we have planned:
Escape from Hoth, Escape from Tatooine, Battle above Endor will get polish and rule enhancements with some cool added effects
Depending on which character you select, the heroes will receive additional perks with Leia’s bonus increasing all scoring in the 4th missions, Han’s bonus increasing the timer to last longer during the Escape from Boba Fett mode and Luke’s bonus adding a higher scoring opportunity in the Light Saber Duel mode.
Batman ’66 – The dedicated programming team also has outlined a plan for code updates with releases scheduled around Thanksgiving and an additional update around the New Year. Be on the lookout for a teaser pic soon showing some things in the works involving the minor villain mode implementation; some very unique and innovative rules!
Ghostbusters – With Star Wars coming to completion soon, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
Aerosmith – Aerosmith will be getting a little more polish.
KISS – KISS code will have a final update in the future as well.
If you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]

#178 6 years ago

November update is up! First Tuesday of every month according to Stern

http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-november-2017

Edit: Oops, just saw the other two posts, lol.

#179 6 years ago

more steps in the right direction. Nice job Stern!

#180 6 years ago

I do like they are trying. But this ship has sailed for me. I will only buy complete coded games from stern. But glad to see. ThAts the nice thing about more than one pinball company on the block keeps stern honest.

#181 6 years ago

Sorry Batman owners.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Sorry Batman owners.

Why? I'm thrilled, thanksgiving and xmas code coming.

"Be on the lookout for a teaser pic soon showing some things in the works involving the minor villain mode implementation; some very unique and innovative rules!"

Emphasis on unique and innovative

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Sorry Batman owners.

Yeah I don’t get your comment either, the last 10 months haven’t been great but now we have code coming with more scheduled finally some light at the end of this tunnel.

Genuinely excited to see what lyman has planned for the minor villains, very unique and innovative code is a bold claim but if anyone can back it up and deliver the goods it’s Lyman.

#184 6 years ago

Sorry that you have waited over a year for decent code. It’s just ridiculous given the premium for the game.

#185 6 years ago

Bravo Stern for keeping up with your word for the first time I've seen. We may all be in the once bitten twice shy camp but this is definitely showing steps taken in the right direction. Keep up the transparent communication and honesty while continuing to make kick ass games and the sins of the past will soon be mended.

#186 6 years ago

Novembers update reminds me of Octobers update.

To be fair I'd bitch no matter what. Considering my Horde insert isnt programmed & Aerosmith doesnt have a skillshot or programmed smart button.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Considering my Horde insert isnt programmed

??? If you've got a pro, it's programmed in. Mine lights up whenever Horde mode is ready to start.

#188 6 years ago

Ya I meant Woodbury should light when Horde is ready since you have to make the Wodbury shot to start it.

IMO

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ya I meant Woodbury should light when Horde is ready since you have to make the Wodbury shot to start it.
IMO

Would be nice to have LMS insert remain lit after beating the mode too. Only done it once, but since TWD code wasn't mentioned ...

#190 6 years ago

Wait...I guess I have not been following along, STERN ARMY?!?
Is that a thing people actually join, I just thought it was a generic term for those who liked stern.

Private Joe Schmoo out of Biloxi Mississippi? Ha!

#191 6 years ago

TWD code is done. You won't see any more updates for it. Be hopeful they update the last 5 games before moving on like they said they will.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Would be nice to have LMS insert remain lit after beating the mode too. Only done it once, but since TWD code wasn't mentioned ...

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

TWD code is done. You won't see any more updates for it. Be hopeful they update the last 5 games before moving on like they said they will.

TWD code is not done. There are bugs to be fixed including a non-lighting insert.

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

TWD code is not done. There are bugs to be fixed including a non-lighting insert.

That may very well be, but my guess is it's DONE according to STERN/Lyman...

#194 6 years ago

I had a dream last night,the dream was about code updates! Maybe down the road,Stern,and others,will offer code upgrades that do different things! You will then BUY any upgrade you wish! Mix them, match them up different ways,for different plays! Constantly changing! Constantly charging,and adding Mods with different updates! Can't you see this happening???Stay tuned to this channel!!

#195 6 years ago

I think it speaks volumes that they're talking about final updates for Star Wars already, given how bare bones it is; Ghostbusters, which retains a lot of omissions and bugs, doubt all will be fixed, especially with implementation of wizard mode; KISS (which originally they promised a total rewrite of).

No mention of the many bug fixes needed for other titles. Star Trek was supposed to be being worked on over a year ago, and really needs fixes, some of which are game breaking. Even Metallica, with the most complete code on a Stern after TSPP, had quite a long bug list after 1.70 came out. TWD still has them. AC/DC still has them.

Entirely Stern's prerogative as to when they consider something feature complete (and incumbent on buyer to be cautious / cognisant of this), but it absolutely STINKS that they don't aim to provide bug fix updates as long as bugs exist.

Over 4 years after WOZ launched, and many, many updates later, JJP are still providing bug fixes and minor improvements. All the companies in the market should be doing this.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

This type of language just lets Stern off the hook for what are some significant bugs and yet a small amount of additional work, and Stern definitely reads Pinside. Let's try to set the bar higher, not lower.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

not what I have been told.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think it speaks volumes that they're talking about final updates for Star Wars already, given how bare bones it is

Agree with most of what you said, except this. Star Wars code is actually pretty damn good at 0.93. This upcoming 1.0 update sounds even better. If you mean to say that you feel the playfield on its own is bare bones, I can certainly understand that sentiment, but code as-is is certainly a solid effort thus far, in my opinion.

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think it speaks volumes that they're talking about final updates for Star Wars already, given how bare bones it is

Nonsense. You don’t have to like SW, but your continuous statements that SW code is “bare bones” makes me question whether you’ve even played it.

#200 6 years ago

I agree w/Rubberducks.

Stern words things as if they're bailing on code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

15,699 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/4?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.