FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 33.
#1452 4 years ago

Live from the factory floor...

GARY GB CODE (resized).jpgGARY GB CODE (resized).jpg
#1453 4 years ago

1 more day until the 30th month Ghostbusters code delay anniversary! I hope Stern doesn't delay the party.

Stern-Epic-30th-Anniversary (resized).jpegStern-Epic-30th-Anniversary (resized).jpeg

#1454 4 years ago

When have they ever announced something new VIA the Stern of the Union regarding code? You will already know about it by the time SOTU mentions it.

#1455 4 years ago

Dwight said on yesterday's Special When Lit podcast (while talking about a semi-infamous food poisoning issue some of the guys had a while back) that he can't be killed off or GB code would never come out. Something like that. I got a laugh out of it. Not a gleeful squee type of laugh, but a whipping boy who now has scar tissue so thick that your strikes inflict no pain type of laugh.

I think that he will be happy if/when GB is finally updated and debugged. We will obviously be happy for an update. Hopefully everyone will be happy in the end of this trip. Are we there yet?

#1456 4 years ago

i think they will say...
stay tuned for more bksor code
might be a bm66 update
gb is still on the schedule

no mention to sw topper as if anyone cares any more

I would love to hear some down out right honesty to where stuff is at. no more running it by marketing and the legal department to spit out words the sorta pertain to the subject but never says anything.

#1457 4 years ago

SW Topper - If it doesn't happen (why would it at this point?), I wonder what the value of the production prototype is?

#1458 4 years ago

Black Knight –
For Premium and LE owners, make sure you have updated your game to the latest v0.97.0 code release from last month. This exciting code update contains a new RANSOM WIZARD MODE, featuring sounds, speech and display effects from Black Knight 2000! In addition, there is a new “LAST CHANCE” feature, allowing players to resurrect and continue the action of their gaming experience with an enhanced SUPER CATAPULT MULTIBALL. New Pro code will be coming soon.

Batman ’66 –
There is a new Batman update in the works.

Ghostbusters –
We’ve recently allocated additional resources to the Ghostbusters update.

https://sternpinball.com/2019/07/02/stern-of-the-union-address-july-2019/

#1459 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Ghostbusters –

Sow now it's more then Zero!

#1460 4 years ago

That's at least something.

#1461 4 years ago

I heard they are letting Dwight work on it during the last 10 minutes of his lunch hour every day.

#1462 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Ghostbusters –

Well, it ain’t much, but I’ll take it.

#1463 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Well, it ain’t much, but I’ll take it.

that was additional resources to change the text.

#1464 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

that was additional resources to change the text.

No mention of SW Topper or did i miss it?

#1465 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

No mention of SW Topper or did i miss it?

The Star Wars topper is still in production development and we’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available for purchase. All Stern Pinball accessories are also available to purchase from your local authorized dealer – https://sternpinball.com/find-a-dealer/

#1466 4 years ago

Finally the Ghostbusters code status update has changed, it's a miracle. Great to hear more resources have been allocated to the code update. That makes it sounds like it won't be a small update by only Dwight but hopefully a huge update on the scale of the final KISS code update.

#1467 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Finally the Ghostbusters code status update has changed, it's a miracle. Great to hear more resources have been allocated to the code update. That makes it sounds like it won't be a small update by only Dwight but hopefully a huge update on the scale of the final KISS code update.

well keep your hopes in check. "resources" is very vague. could mean a lot of different things. i hope it is positive change.

#1468 4 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

well keep your hopes in check.

Isn;t a lot of that in this thread.

#1469 4 years ago

I'm just happy to see the Ghostbusters update wasn't another copy / paste.

#1470 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I'm just happy to see the Ghostbusters update wasn't another copy / paste.

Well we'll see how you feel when they cut and paste this one for the next 6 months.

#1471 4 years ago

"We’ve recently allocated additional resources to the Ghostbusters update". The use of the word "allocated" implies that the resources are already working on the update

#1472 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well we'll see how you feel when they cut and paste this one for the next 6 months.

Exactly

#1473 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

do we have names of those working on it? I'm thinking of sending them a case of tequila to keep them coming to work.

#1474 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

do we have names of those working on it? I'm thinking of sending them a case of tequila to keep them coming to work.

Keith Johnson, Joe Katz, Ted Estes The dream team has been called in. lol I wish.

#1475 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I think all this will do it ensure they call in sick every day.

#1476 4 years ago

Watched the "between two sterns"... if these are the highlights.. hopefully the setup created the appropriate tension to make these punchlines hit. Also, get some lapel mics.. honestly deadflip should probably be using a lapel mic instead of a boom microphone anyways..

#1477 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Keith Johnson, Joe Katz, Ted Estes The dream team has been called in. lol I wish.

only if PPJ folds or stern can out bid them.

1 month later
#1478 4 years ago

When is the update today? Did it happen already?

#1479 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

When is the update today? Did it happen already?

Not yet. Usually about this time though...

#1481 4 years ago

Status of Code :

Game of Thrones – In case you missed it, watch a replay of the code update for Game of Thrones with lead programmer Dwight Sullivan and Jack Danger, highlighting this comprehensive update. There are many new exciting features including new house abilities, new action button abilities, updated scoring and choreography, new speech calls and much more! Check out the Game of Thrones 2019 Update Summary PDF here.

Black Knight – For all Black Knight owners, make sure you update your game to the latest v1.00.0 code release from last month. This exciting code update contains a new RAGE Wizard mode! This special wizard mode is started by defeating the Black Knight and begins a 6-ball multiball frenzy to a completely new Scott Ian song! The RANSOM Wizard mode has been added to the Pro model in addition to a revamped BLACK CASTLE mode across all models. This code also contains a new U-Turn extra ball rule, mode balancing, scoring improvements, bug fixes, enhancements and additional polish.

Batman ’66 – There is a new Batman update in the works.

Ghostbusters – We’ve recently allocated additional resources to the Ghostbusters update.

If you would like to join our mailing list for code updates, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

#1482 4 years ago

I think real T-rexes were bigger than a dude in a t-rex suit. Giant is a complete misrepresentation.

#1483 4 years ago

I see the SW topper has been removed.

#1484 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Lol.

#1485 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I was at Stern on July 25th and it was there. I noticed the parts for it in the assembly area, so I asked about it. I was told that the licensing issues were all worked out now and it was going to be produced soon. I asked about the extreme delay and was told it was a bigger problem with the topper because Disney bought Lucasfilm after the game licensing agreement had been worked out for the pinball machine. Now Stern had to go back and jump through more hoops with Disney instead of Lucasfilm and there were classification issues as to what the topper actually was. He said often things like toppers and add-ons get classified as "toys" with the parent company and Star Wars is very protective of the brand, especially with toys. Because they didn't know how to classify the topper and always who to talk to and which company to deal with, there was a lot of back and forth, delays and rejections.

#1486 4 years ago

Ryan Cravens claims that his favorite game is Data East Batman. I think a lot of pinheads probably don't even know that game exists, and are currently picturing Batman Forever as they are reading this. I didn't know that game had fans. Good for him, I say.

#1487 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I was at Stern on July 25th and it was there. I noticed the parts for it in the assembly area, so I asked about it. I was told that the licensing issues were all worked out now and it was going to be produced soon. I asked about the extreme delay and was told it was a bigger problem with the topper because Disney bought Lucasfilm after the game licensing agreement had been worked out for the pinball machine. Now Stern had to go back and jump through more hoops with Disney instead of Lucasfilm and there were classification issues as to what the topper actually was. He said often things like topper and add-ons get classified as "toys" with the parent company and Star Wars is very protective of the brand, especially with toys. Because they didn't know how to classify the topper and always who to talk to and which company to deal with, there was a lot of back and forth, delays and rejections.

Were any changes made to the design from what you could tell?

#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Were any changes made to the design from what you could tell?

Not that I could tell, but they were behind a cage and I was at a distance. It was the day before the JP reveal so "security" was a little tighter around there and they didn't want me to close to certain areas...even though we joked that everyone already knew what the next game was.

3 weeks later
#1489 4 years ago

Here we go again, what code news will we hear from Stern tomorrow? ZombiYeti revealed that he's been testing new Ghostbusters code.

#1490 4 years ago

I hope it says the new Batman code is close to done, too.

#1492 4 years ago

No star wars topper, are you kidding? All we will hear about is the Stern army and pro circuit. Stuff nobody cares about.

#1493 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

No star wars topper, are you kidding?

Yes, actually I was!

#1494 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

I hope it says the new Batman code is close to done, too.

BM66 is getting more code? Wow! That’s great. I’m so far out of the loop on current events.

#1495 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

BM66 is getting more code? Wow! That’s great. I’m so far out of the loop on current events.

Yup! And Iron Maiden’s getting a small one soon

#1496 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep this has been mentioned in the last few Stern STOU reports, in between a shitload of new Stern army recruits announcements. Would like to see and hear about more code updates for BM66, GB, Munsters, Maiden and JP. In addition to a possible fix to the clear coat bubbling and chipping, hopefully they found the root of the issue.

#1497 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Yep this has been mentioned in the last few Stern STOU reports, in between a shitload of new Stern army recruits announcements. Would like to see and hear about more code updates for BM66, GB, Munsters, Maiden and JP. In addition to a possible fix to the clear coat bubbling and chipping, hopefully they found the root of the issue.

Hahaha.

#1498 4 years ago

Might not get one until next week given the long weekend.

#1499 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Might not get one until next week given the long weekend.

I think Stern only skips a week if the first Tuesday falls on a holiday.

#1500 4 years ago

My goodness, a Ghostbusters code update sounds imminent! The most anticipated code update in pinball history (excluding WOF lol) may drop within the next month or so.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/30?hl=oshara and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.