FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg

There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 33.
#1351 4 years ago

Rinse and repeat for next month.

#1352 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Pretty much for the whole report.
Rarely is there news I can use.
But it is better then nothing which we were getting.

#1353 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The. Entire. Thing.

Stern cutting and pasting, people crying aboot the cutting and pasting, people amazed that Stern cut & pasted, topper tears again & again & again...

#1354 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Quoted from TheLaw:

The. Entire. Thing.
Stern cutting and pasting, people crying aboot he cutting and pasting, people amazed that Stern cut & pasted, topper tears again & again & again...

All of this has happened before. And all of this will happen again.

EdgeOfTommorrow.gifEdgeOfTommorrow.gif
#1355 4 years ago

What is even the point of doing these updates? The idea should be to make the community feel informed and engaged. But if they are just going through the motions (which they clearly are) it ends up having the opposite effect: making everyone confused and angry.

What is the holdup with GB code???? Just be transparent about it Stern!!!

#1356 4 years ago

I think it is time for everyone to spam [email protected] with:

Bug: Ghostbusters still on version 1.13.
Steps to reproduce:
* Boot Ghostbusters.
* Go into the audits menu.
* Note that the game was purchased 30 months ago.
* Note that the software version is still the same from 30 months ago.

Not being serious... but F F S.

#1357 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I think it is time for everyone to spam [email protected] with:
Bug: Ghostbusters still on version 1.13.
Steps to reproduce:
* Boot Ghostbusters.
* Go into the audits menu.
* Note that the game was purchased 30 months ago.
* Note that the software version is still the same from 30 months ago.
Not being serious... but F F S.

Done!

#1358 4 years ago

I wish someone with the FU money and knowhow would file a class action suit against them for selling and advertising a game with a mode listed in the promotional material that was never included in the game. Squeaky wheel gets the oil in most cases.

#1359 4 years ago

At this point are am starting to think there is truth to the matter that Ghostbusters is not being updated because of the criminal convictions against Trudeau. Everything came to a screeching halt. Don't know why but really grasping at straws on why they abandoned one of their games that still is a top earner on route.

#1360 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

At this point are am starting to think there is truth to the matter that Ghostbusters is not being updated because of the criminal charges against Trudeau. Everything came to a screeching halt. Don't know why but really grasping at straws on why they abandoned one of their games that still is a top earner on route.

It's coming. My prediction is within 30-45 days. Dwight is finally done with Munsters.

#1361 4 years ago

Done buying NIB Stern games and have been for a while. Pretty close to being done trading for/buying legacy Sterns as well.

#1362 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

At this point are am starting to think there is truth to the matter that Ghostbusters is not being updated because of the criminal charges against Trudeau. Everything came to a screeching halt. Don't know why but really grasping at straws on why they abandoned one of their games that still is a top earner on route.

Trudeau was only one team member and he did not write the code. An update will happen.

#1363 4 years ago

How about the news of another BKSOR update!

#1364 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

How about the news of another BKSOR update!

No one cares about BKSOR. It a beautiful game. With a nice young talented programmer. Wich keeps pumping out updates.
Ghostbusters is the whole story.

#1365 4 years ago

Ghostbusters is done. Theyre not updating it too many skeletons in that closet. Its sad really, if there wasnt so much stigma associated with the game I would get one... and the lack of code update.

#1366 4 years ago

Other than the missing wizard mode, what are the main issues with the Ghostbusters code as-is? It definitely has some scoring balance issues (video mode skill shot, etc, etc...) but I play the game on location all the time and it seems fairly complete (if brutally hard sometimes).

#1367 4 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

Other than the missing wizard mode, what are the main issues with the Ghostbusters code as-is? It definitely has some scoring balance issues (video mode skill shot, etc, etc...) but I play the game on location all the time and it seems fairly complete (if brutally hard sometimes).

It's a lot of fun as is. It's frustrating that there are unused inserts, missing modes, and that you can't see scores on the display 99% of the time.

#1368 4 years ago

It's been 2yrs+ on the GB code....think it's time to move on. Not saying to like it, but definitely stop bitching about it.

#1369 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

It's been 2yrs+ on the GB code....think it's time to move on. Not saying to like it, but definitely stop bitching about it.

Absolutely not. If anything, people should get louder. If you let them get away with it, your favorite new release could be the next one to get "forgotten" about.

#1370 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

No

#1371 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Absolutely not. If anything, people should get louder. If you let them get away with it, your favorite new release could be the next one to get "forgotten" about.

I don't buy until the code is where I like it...call me crazy. Move on.

#1372 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I don't buy until the code is where I like it...call me crazy. Move on.

It’s really this simple.

#1373 4 years ago

Sorry, I will not move on. You're welcome to put me on ignore though.

#1374 4 years ago

I just really hope a junior programmer not working on a major project can give some advice to Dwight. After the Munsters code train wreck, an awesome GB update would be a miracle.

#1375 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You're not bothering me...just trying to help you be at peace.

#1376 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

I just really hope a junior programmer not working on a major project can give some advice to Dwight. After the Munsters code train wreck, an awesome GB update would be a miracle.

Advice, or help? As far as I care, let Dwight do his next game. Give a junior person a list and let them take care of it. Shouldn’t be that hard.

#1377 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Advice, or help? As far as I care, let Dwight do his next game. Give a junior person a list and let them take care of it. Shouldn’t be that hard.

Part of me wants to agree with you, but what do we really know about how easy/hard it is to write code for Stern games? I get cold sweats looking at other people's Perl code, let alone whatever archaic system Stern uses for their games.

#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

You're not bothering me...just trying to help you be at peace.

The way you get better games in the future is to hold the company to their word and make them accountable. You don't let them slide on screwing over the people who are putting food on their table per se. The more you let slide, the more shenanigans they are going to try to get away with, and the crappier games become. Making sure Stern finishes GB benefits everyone_. See what I'm saying?

#1379 4 years ago

I have some interesting news... the biggest show for the amusement industry (IAAPA) doesn't show Stern as an exhibitor this coming November. JJP has a booth but no Chicago Gaming or Stern that I can see. I wonder if they have given up on trying to promote their products to amusement operators and let their dealers do the work instead.

I think Stern has a serious sales slow down... Beatles did not sell, Deadpool didn't sell, Munsters is a disaster and this Black Knight is a boat anchor.

I think you might see a new direction for Stern, where they pick their titles more carefully, produce fewer new tittes and hopefully put more into the titles they do produce.

If I was Stern I'd probably be thinking going back to a Music pin but that's just me. I'm sure Stern is going to be concerned with JJP doing Guns N Roses. The next title Stern releases needs to be a home run or the wheels might come off.

Personally I think Stern should restructure their pricing, if you're going to put next to nothing into a game like Black Knight the game should be cheaper! With JJP if you love what they do you can almost always buy sight on unseen, with Stern now its like you never know because it appears they sit around and just figure out ways to make the games cheaper... less toys, less effort, less everything.

I'm sorry Black Knight is a very uninspiring game I think its their worst ever. Beatles I think is fun but c'mon its a copy of another game. Deadpool wasn't based on the movie which was a bummer. Munsters was bigger than Adams Family ever was on TV, why not try to make that game better than Adams Family? Why didn't you go all out to try and create the next Adams Family pinball?

These designers at Stern just don't seem to have anymore imagination. They need to look for some new blood.

#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s really this simple.

Just bought a DP Pro a couple weeks ago. The code is amazing but I held off until the it was at least complete.....and approval from the boss.

#1381 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It's coming. My prediction is within 30-45 days. Dwight is finally done with Munsters.

Which is terrible news for Munsters owners, if true.

#1382 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Personally I think Stern should restructure their pricing, if you're going to put next to nothing into a game like Black Knight the game should be cheaper!

Yep big time...cheaper pins coming up!

#1383 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think Stern has a serious sales slow down... Beatles did not sell, Deadpool didn't sell, Munsters is a disaster and this Black Knight is a boat anchor.

Deadpool not selling is past tense. Shockingly, once the code improved substantially, sales picked up. It's very hard to find a HUOPrem/LE for sale now, and people are buying NIB Pros and Premiums almost daily here now.

Beatles? Dud. Munsters? Yep, dud. One is a victim to pricing and marketing disaster, and the other is all about terrible, almost non-existent code.

Too early to call anything on BK, IMO. At least it looks more produced than Munsters.

#1384 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Ghostbusters is done. Theyre not updating it too many skeletons in that closet. Its sad really, if there wasnt so much stigma associated with the game I would get one... and the lack of code update.

Stop putting off ALL updates for some not-coming "giant" Ghostbusters update. Just put out a maintenance release NOW that just fixes the TONS of bugs in Ghostbusters. It has WAY more bugs than Game of Thrones (which has its fair share). If they spent just a few DAYS on it, they could fix and test most or all of the main bugs in Ghostbusters and quiet some of the grumbling.

#1385 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The way you get better games in the future is to hold the company to their word and make them accountable. You don't let them slide on screwing over the people who are putting food on their table per se. The more you let slide, the more shenanigans they are going to try to get away with, and the crappier games become. Making sure Stern finishes GB benefits everyone_. See what I'm saying?

And you think posting about it endlessly on Pinside is really sticking it to Stern??

The buyers need to put their money where their mouth is... and let stern know they won't buy.. and make a stink where Stern can't delete it and somewhere where it matters.

Not just beating the same dead horse here on pinside...

#1386 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I have some interesting news... the biggest show for the amusement industry (IAAPA) doesn't show Stern as an exhibitor this coming November. JJP has a booth but no Chicago Gaming or Stern that I can see. I wonder if they have given up on trying to promote their products to amusement operators and let their dealers do the work instead.
I think Stern has a serious sales slow down... Beatles did not sell, Deadpool didn't sell, Munsters is a disaster and this Black Knight is a boat anchor. ...

I’ll give you dead sales and disappointment on Beatles and Munsters, but DP and BK are seeing strong demand. Lots of interest in both from myself and others for location and home. There is still steady demand for BM66, GOT and ST so Stern manufacturing is busy. I don’t know how we could prove either way but guessing they are where they want to be in their production schedule. Now if Stern could just give us the GB code, mmmh that would be great.

#1387 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And you think posting about it endlessly on Pinside is really sticking it to Stern??
The buyers need to put their money where their mouth is... and let stern know they won't buy.. and make a stink where Stern can't delete it and somewhere where it matters.
Not just beating the same dead horse here on pinside...

And you think I haven't been complaining other places? Surprisingly they haven't deleted the numerous comments on their SOTU post on the Facebook page today. I've voiced my disdain for this issue through numerous channels, and I don't plan on letting up any time soon.

#1388 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think you might see a new direction for Stern, where they pick their titles more carefully, produce fewer new tittes and hopefully put more into the titles they do produce.
If I was Stern I'd probably be thinking going back to a Music pin but that's just me. I'm sure Stern is going to be concerned with JJP doing Guns N Roses. The next title Stern releases needs to be a home run or the wheels might come off.
Personally I think Stern should restructure their pricing, if you're going to put next to nothing into a game like Black Knight the game should be cheaper! With JJP if you love what they do you can almost always buy sight on unseen, with Stern now its like you never know because it appears they sit around and just figure out ways to make the games cheaper... less toys, less effort, less everything.
I'm sorry Black Knight is a very uninspiring game I think its their worst ever. Beatles I think is fun but c'mon its a copy of another game. Deadpool wasn't based on the movie which was a bummer. Munsters was bigger than Adams Family ever was on TV, why not try to make that game better than Adams Family? Why didn't you go all out to try and create the next Adams Family pinball?
These designers at Stern just don't seem to have anymore imagination. They need to look for some new blood.

If you hate what they're doing now then I GUARANTEE what they do to Elvira is going to REALLY piss you off!

#1389 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

#1390 4 years ago

Here comes drfrightner with a bullsh*t sales pitch. Youre clueless and your opinions suck.

#1391 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Huh???? Like there weren't tons waiting in line to buy The Munster's and still many are waiting in the wings. Dwight's coding fucked that up not title selection.

#1392 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

At this point are am starting to think there is truth to the matter that Ghostbusters is not being updated because of the criminal convictions against Trudeau. Everything came to a screeching halt. Don't know why but really grasping at straws on why they abandoned one of their games that still is a top earner on route.

Listen to Dwight's interview on Head2Head a few months back. He's simply not interested in revisiting the code. The show's hosts even had to explain to him how some of the modes worked! Gomez needs to crack the whip with this guy.

#1393 4 years ago

Let’s bring up the SW topper while we’re at it...

#1394 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Listen to Dwight's interview on Head2Head a few months back. He's simply not interested in revisiting the code. The show's hosts even had to explain to him how some of the modes worked! Gomez needs to crack the whip with this guy.

GB was an absolute dumpster dick day 1, but GOT & SW code are fucking great. I wonder how much he had to do with GB & Munsters?
Doesn't seem like he would be the one to come up with the idea of having dumbed down rules for Munsters?

#1395 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Let’s bring up the SW topper while we’re at it...

A topper is more important than the rules of games to most around here sadly.

#1396 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Jody we love you

#1397 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

A topper is more important than the rules of games to most around here sadly.

I am not sure about that but probably more important to those who own SW and not GB. If I owned both then I would be wishing for the code more.....

#1398 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If you hate what they're doing now then I GUARANTEE what they do to Elvira is going to REALLY piss you off!

What are they doing to Elvira. I like Halloween so I'd be interested in the title but I have to admit I'm getting tired of buying the same thing over and over again... waiting to be wowed by Stern is like waiting for Trump and Pelosi to get along. I hope Elvira is good.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

Like there weren't tons waiting in line to buy The Munster's and still many are waiting in the wings.

People aren't buying that game now that they see pros have dropped as low as 4k used, and LE a buddy of mine bought one for $6800 who wants to take that kind of bath. If you really want one be patience and buy a used one. Someone mentioned Deadpool, I like the game personally but it has no tie in to the popular movie. For that reason along its not going to sell as good as a Ghostbusters. I'm not sure Stern is going to have another ACDC or METALLICA or Ghostbusters mover and shaker.

Quoted from newtoit:

Here comes drfrightner with a bullsh*t sales pitch. Youre clueless and your opinions suck.

Wrong. I'm just offering some insight about Stern not going to some tradeshows, and pointing out their sales are down. How is that saying someones opinion suck... I've never ever said someones opinions sucked. I think its the other way around you are a person who doesn't like a person who thinks for themself, offers facts, or just has an opinion different from your own.

I think its time to face reality pinball is slowing down, could be way to many companies and to few buyers. I'm sorry if you don't get out of the house more, but I was just talking to a MAJOR arcade dist the other day. He told me venues do not like buying pinballs anymore because they're too hard to fix and don't make money. This could be why Stern has decided not to attend IAAPA this coming year. Maybe they'll start to focus more on the consumer market and give people what they want... Black Knight is a disaster game. They put almost nothing in the game but still want nearly 9k for an LE. That is a joke!

When buyers stop giving them 9k for next to nothing they'll start to put more effort into the games they make. That is my opinion and if you have a different one share it.

#1399 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

People aren't buying that game now that they see pros have dropped as low as 4k used, and LE a buddy of mine bought one for $6800 who wants to take that kind of bath. If you really want one be patience and buy a used one. Someone mentioned Deadpool, I like the game personally but it has no tie in to the popular movie. For that reason along its not going to sell as good as a Ghostbusters. I'm not sure Stern is going to have another ACDC or METALLICA or Ghostbusters mover and shaker.

Read my statement again to your reply about Stern rethinking title selection, again what you just mentioned above is regarding code NOT title selection as I stated earlier. There were plenty wanting this title and coding fucked it!

#1400 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And you think I haven't been complaining other places? Surprisingly they haven't deleted the numerous comments on their SOTU post on the Facebook page today. I've voiced my disdain for this issue through numerous channels, and I don't plan on letting up any time soon.

Don’t let up!!! Keep in mind that they were not doing shit for code updates until the “where is the code” online movement started.

It is pathetic how GB has sat this long. First the game has some critical physical flaws, then the ghosting pfs, and toss on the stagnant code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
17,225 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.