FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 33.
#1251 5 years ago

Dwight didn't seem interested in working on Ghostbusters at all during his interview with Head2Head. It wasn't even on his radar. I'm thinking it's going to continue to be delayed.

I'll never buy a game of his ever again.

#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Dwight didn't seem interested in working on Ghostbusters at all during his interview with Head2Head. It wasn't even on his radar. I'm thinking it's going to continue to be delayed.

What? He talked about specific rules he wanted to change on Ghostbusters during that interview.

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm in the same boat, with a slight difference. The game will have to be complete at the time I'm looking to buy. This was my first and likely last launch party game in general as well. All the games made before GB have been touched on (even though there are still things to be fixed) since the "where's the code" thing and all the games after were getting pretty regular updates. GB stuck in the perfect storm? Maybe. Bitter owner? Heck yeah.

#1254 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What? He talked about specific rules he wanted to change on Ghostbusters during that interview.

Yeah, he said he'd change that "if I ever had to go back". As in, he had no plans for Ghostbusters.

#1255 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Yeah, he said he'd change that "if I ever had to go back". As in, he had no plans for Ghostbusters.

He also said he wasn't allowed to ever say that something was coming. It absolutely is.

#1256 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

He also said he wasn't allowed to ever say that something was coming. It absolutely is.

Well, if it's being worked on soon, he definitely was playing dumb. They even had to remind Dwight about some of the scoring on Ghostbusters.

It really seemed to be in the rear view mirror for Dwight.

#1257 5 years ago

Coming since OCT 2017. Longest climax ever...

#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

DNF took longer and it did not do that well when it came out.

#1259 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

KISS was pretty long!

But, worth the wait!

#1260 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Lets get this going again.
Star Wars Topper is waiting for final approval.
Ghostbuster code is still in our schedule. (Early 2020 )
To be honest, I hope to get some info on, Deadpool, Batman and Ghostbusters code schedules...

A surprise GoT code fix/extra features mention would be welcome. It definitely needs some love, at least for the bugs.

#1261 5 years ago

Engineering Updates:We will be releasing instructions on how to create a complete SD card for a SPIKE system Stern pinball machine. We will also be releasing a manual and schematics of the SPIKE system by the end of the month.

Holy Shit best news I've ever seen in one of these things!

https://sternpinball.com/2019/02/05/stern-of-the-union-address-february-2019/

#1262 5 years ago

Spike Schematics AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGJHHHHHHHHHH chaos!!!!!!!!

#1263 5 years ago

You could tell Dwight didn't want to hear that his GB masterpiece needs work. He isn't going to do shit to it any time soon. He wouldn't even acknowledge there was a mode missing. He said it was a mistake to list it.

#1264 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Spike Schematics AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGJHHHHHHHHHH chaos!!!!!!!!

and We will be releasing instructions on how to create a complete SD card for a SPIKE system.

Only took someone putting out an DYI image on there own.

#1265 5 years ago

schematics can mean many things... let's hope they actually do the board schamtics and parts like the classic manuals. I don't have high confidence they will tho.. we could end up with diagrams, not actual component level stuff.

#1266 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You could tell Dwight didn't want to hear that his GB masterpiece needs work. He isn't going to do shit to it any time soon. He wouldn't even acknowledge there was a mode missing. He said it was a mistake to list it.

It's on the freaking instruction card! It's insulting to owners to say there was never supposed to be a final wizard mode. What a joke.

I was pissed listening to him trying to make excuses not to work on Ghostbusters.

#1267 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

schematics can mean many things... let's hope they actually do the board schamtics and parts like the classic manuals. I don't have high confidence they will tho.. we could end up with diagrams, not actual component level stuff.

Massive node board schematics released. Then you still need to order a new node board because it's fried.

#1268 5 years ago

Link please?? Not under support...

#1269 5 years ago

I’m still not sure what “schedule” stern is referring too when it comes to GB. I’ve been sitting on a gble hoping since 2017, like many others, we will finally get to reach God (mode). Just say it’s done already so we can move on. This is worse than that girl who strings you along in high school...

#1270 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

I’m still not sure what “schedule” stern is referring too when it comes to GB. I’ve been sitting on a gble hoping since 2017, like many others, we will finally get to reach God (mode). Just say it’s done already so we can move on. This is worse than that girl who strings you along in high school...

This. Luckily for me, I suck bad enough at playing that it really isn't an issue for me, but it would be nice to have a complete game and some fixes. I'm getting sick of hearing it's delayed also, and it will influence my decision to buy NIB.

#1271 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Link please?? Not under support...

End of the month

#1272 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

End of the month

? It was yesterday. First Tuesday of each month.

#1273 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

? It was yesterday. First Tuesday of each month.

I'm assuming he is looking for the schematics, which are coming at the end of the month. Post 1261 has the link to the SOU address.

#1274 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

He wouldn't even acknowledge there was a mode missing. He said it was a mistake to list it.

Quoted from Allibaster:

It's on the freaking instruction card! It's insulting to owners to say there was never supposed to be a final wizard mode. What a joke.

I dont have a Ghostbusters as I was never a fan of how it shot. I hear everyone complain about a missing wizard mode that is shown on the instruction card. I also heard the Dwight interview on H2H.

I decided to take a closer look at the instruction card to see what the the fuss was about. Here's what I see at the end of the card I see:

"We're ready to believe you: Complete the NINE scenes to start this wizard mode."

"We came, we saw, we kicked its.... Capture GHOSTS to start this wizard mode."

"Are you a god? : Be good at everything"

I see two clearly marked wizard modes. Why does everyone assume "Are you a god" is a third wizard mode? It's not listed as a wizard mode like the other two are.

After hearing the Dwight interview it's clear to me that he put the final line on the card as a nod to the classic quote from the film. I interpret it as simply stating that your are god-like if you can complete everything on the card and do it well.

If it was intended to be a wizard mode wouldnt it have specifically said it was one like the other two did?

#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I dont have a Ghostbusters as I was never a fan of how it shot. I hear everyone complain about a missing wizard mode that is shown on the instruction card. I also heard the Dwight interview on H2H.
I decided to take a closer look at the instruction card to see what the the fuss was about. Here's what I see at the end of the card I see:
"We're ready to believe you: Complete the NINE scenes to start this wizard mode."
I see two clearly marked wizard modes. Why does everyone assume "Are you a god" is a third wizard mode? It's not listed as a wizard mode like the other two are.
After hearing the Dwight interview it's clear to me that he put the final line on the card as a nod to the classic quote from the film. I interpret it as simply stating that your are god-like if you can complete everything on the card and do it well.
If it was intended to be a wizard mode wouldnt it have specifically said it was one like the other two did?

Yeah I believe that totally until they added "are you a god?" to the software in the audits. But yes, based purely on the instruction card it isn't listed as a specific wizard mode I agree.

#1276 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The electronic menu options contain references to “Are you a god?” so clearly it was meant to be a separate mode before it was scrapped at some point.

#1277 5 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

The electronic menu options contain references to “Are you a god?” so clearly it was meant to be a separate mode before it was scrapped at some point.

I guess that adds even more confusion as to what the original intentions were. Based on the recent interview though Dwight said it was never intended to be a wizard mode so I dont think people should hold out hope to get it added as one.

I guess this is a good example to not buy a pin unless you are happy with the current code it has at the time if purchase. Dont buy it with the hope of getting better code later because you might get disappointed in the long run.

I made that mistake myself by pre-ordering a Batman66 LE on theme alone prior to playing one. However, I got lucky as it turned out to be awesome by the time Lyman was done with it. Going forward though I wont buy a game until I've played it and judge it by the current code it has.

#1278 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I guess that adds even more confusion as to what the original intentions were. Based on the recent interview though Dwight said it was never intended to be a wizard mode so I dont think people should hold out hope to get it added as one..

It passed QA with the mode listed in the menu. That's a solid indicator that it got approved by upper management and therefore should be there.

#1279 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

However, I got lucky as it turned out to be awesome by the time Lyman was done with it.

What you're describing is not luck.

#1280 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

What you're describing is not luck.

That's true, Lyman is a great coder and I enjoy pretty much all of his games.

But like it says in the fine print of your 401k statements:

"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

#1281 5 years ago

Problem with GB is currently:

- score balancing
- and a wizard mode like are you a god is simply needed No matter if it's on the card or not.

There is nothing that ties the game together regarding an overlapping strategy.

You catch ghosts for mass hysteria, you play the modes for the modes wizard mode.
Here and there you qualify for one more superjackpots.

But what about the dog or gozer hurryups, what about gears, what about a multiball superjackpot, scoleris being worth it beside a low super jackpot? To reach the 'end' of the game, you can ignore all this.
Those things should be needed in order to qualify to the big wizard mode. Complete modes, x superjackpots, x gears, x pke level value, x ghosts, x hurry up values, x slimed shots, etc.... get all this and you play are you a god. Heck even a big points award for "are you a god" or a small speed run (like destroy the ring) or ...

I think with little work you can make this game perfect.

#1282 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

- score balancing
- and a wizard mode like are you a god is simply needed No matter if it's on the card or not.
You catch ghosts for mass hysteria, you play the modes for the modes wizard mode.
But what about the dog or gozer hurryups, what about gears, what about a multiball superjackpot, scoleris being worth it beside a low super jackpot? To reach the 'end' of the game, you can ignore all this.
Those things should be needed in order to qualify to the big wizard mode. Complete modes, x superjackpots, x gears, x pke level value, x ghosts, x hurry up values, x slimed shots, etc.... get all this and you play are you a god. Heck even a big points award for "are you a god" or a small speed run (like destroy the ring) or ...

Massive amount of high score bugs, too. It will make up scores and award champion scores when you weren't close to earning it.

#1283 5 years ago

I'm no shrink, but maybe part of the problem with Dwight and GB is the painful association of the game with Trudeau. From what I have read, these guys were pretty close, so I'm sure the news about JT must have really hurt. Working on the game could bring up some unpleasant memories, which could explain the avoidance and procrastination. Then again, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Either way, Dwight/Stern need to get on it. The delay is ridiculous at this point. The sooner the update is done, the sooner they can move on. Armchair psychoanalysis over.

#1284 5 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I'm no shrink, but maybe part of the problem with Dwight and GB is the painful association of the game with Trudeau. From what I have read, these guys were pretty close, so I'm sure the news about JT must have really hurt. Working on the game could bring up some unpleasant memories, which could explain the avoidance and procrastination. Then again, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Either way, Dwight/Stern need to get on it. The delay is ridiculous at this point. The sooner the update is done, the sooner they can move on. Armchair psychoanalysis over.

My main issue is that you can't see the scores most of the time, but I'm guessing this won't change. Half the time we are playing, we can't tell who's winning.

#1285 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My main issue is that you can't see the scores most of the time, but I'm guessing this won't change. Half the time we are playing, we can't tell who's winning.

This can't be overstated enough.

#1286 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If they can carve out like 15 pixels at the bottom of the screen for a row of tiny scores, it would be a big improvement.

#1287 5 years ago

Also showing what player is up, at league if people aren’t paying attention, you have to wait a bit for it to cycle. Similar to the score not showing, it should just be somewhere

#1288 5 years ago

- score balancing

Nice to have but not needed.

I mean look at aC/DC - the only real purpose to the game is to build a jackpot, multiply it, and collect it. Nothing to do with encore... and no one cares.

#1289 5 years ago

Not actually true... in acdc you make shots to qualify multiballs

for jam you need (both) ramps
for tour you need (both) loops
for album you need target banks

these shots also advance your jukebox, path to encore, so you build it together

Except for some unbalanced points, mostly too low, there is no real reason for me in GB to shoot the hurryups for gozer, terror dog or gears.

#1290 5 years ago

Stern has been doing a great job over the past year completing code but there's one huge glaring item that still isn't complete.

Stern

2tm4en (resized).jpg2tm4en (resized).jpg

Programming Master Yoda

2tm3ut (resized).jpg2tm3ut (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1291 5 years ago

Okup again. $ on “ghostbusters remains in our schedule”?

#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

They did get the schematics out, so I'll give them that.

Aside from that, GB is literally the roadblock to my wallet. Even after that it's iffy. But that is the requirement.

#1293 5 years ago

Stern please don't use copy and paste all the time. We know that Ghostbusters remains in your companies schedule. What about finally starting to work on it after 2years+. You guys did a great job with Kiss and Aerosmith, so why can't you just do the same thing to Ghostbusters. If Dwight can't handle it just let Lyman do its magic to it.

Dont take it to serious... Imagine telling your boss, you are going to finish an order over and over again without any progress. Id doesn't take long until your worship will be ended. Just saying...

#1294 5 years ago

Not actually true... in acdc you make shots to qualify multiballs
for jam you need (both) ramps
for tour you need (both) loops
for album you need target banks
these shots also advance your jukebox, path to encore, so you build it together
Except for some unbalanced points, mostly too low, there is no real reason for me in GB to shoot the hurryups for gozer, terror dog or gears.

The point was... no one cares about Encore. No one cares some modes are pointless scoring... No one pays attention to the weak things like the canon awards, etc. It's all dominated by the attractive, lurcrative, challenging objective of building and timing song jackpots. The multiballs you just use to make that objective work better. You make the game good enough, the fact you have some parts that really don't mesh into that strategy really falls to the side and no one cares.

You'd win some academic fight over how well the entire game comes together - but it doesn't change anything in the end nor how people play the game. So it's pointless work that would never be appreciated or move the needle.

#1295 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

"Ghostbusters code is still delayed after 24+ months, and remains somewhere in our schedule. Send in your $9k for Munsters LE"

#1296 5 years ago

Last I looked, Star Wars schematics and SD card info was not posted.

#1297 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Those are for Jedi Masters only.

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Disney said no?

#1299 5 years ago
#1300 5 years ago

Ghostbusters update... Wow, 26 months and counting since the last Ghostbusters code update dropped in January of 2017.

20190305_154014 (resized).jpg20190305_154014 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/26?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.