FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 33.
#1151 5 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Wow Ghostbusters code is even more delayed? It better be a substantial update...

The way gomez was talking at expo it sounds like it's put off until Spring/Summer next year.

#1152 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Stern Army? Really?

Not sure if you heard, but I am now a Private. So, go forth, and play competitive pinball. Don't forget to buy Stern Beatles.
Thanks

#1153 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Not sure if you heard, but I am now a Private. So, go forth, and play competitive pinball. Don't forget to buy Stern Beatles.
Thanks

Looks like you will need to buy that Aerosmith pro soon private!

#1154 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Thanks

Don't recall that on your podcast. If you did I'd better stop drinking and driving.

#1155 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Sounds more like they haven't even started on it.

I also believe this to be the case.
After all these months the updates should be... "We have seen what is coming in this latest code update, and you guys are going to love it. Totally changes the game."

That's the Stern code status update I have been looking for.
Sadly we get only bad news after all this time.

#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Thanks

Congratulations Private Ryan C of Australia. I just read about it. I Salute you.

3 weeks later
#1157 5 years ago

Well, it's almost that time again. What are everyone's predictions regarding code? Below are mine.

"KISS code is released and it's a huge update, get it now!"

"A Deadpool update will be released by the end of the year"

"Batman recieved another code update this month to polish the game"

"Ghostbusters code has been further delayed and will be worked on after Munsters is complete" lol

#1158 5 years ago

"Lyman has started preliminary code on Elvira 3"

#1159 5 years ago

Official Munsters Announcement!

#1160 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Official Munsters Announcement!

Dream on TKD!

#1161 5 years ago

Getting a little late in the day, Central time. When do they usually post this?

#1162 5 years ago

I think is usually is between 1 to 4pm CST. Yep, seems overdue.

#1163 5 years ago

WTF do you want them to say? Wan't big code drop enough?

#1164 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I think is usually is between 1 to 4pm CST. Yep, seems overdue.

Someone must have forgot how to use CTRL C and CTRL V.
Ok I'll cut them some slack, at least they have had a few good updates lately, except none for poor GOT and GOTLE.

#1165 5 years ago

It is up. http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-december-2018

Status of Code:

We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:
•Just like Aerosmith, another exciting software release from Lonnie and his team with the absolutely massive KISS code update! We hope you have a happy KISSMAS and are enjoying this huge game changing update!
•Batman 1.0 is finally here and to help celebrate this milestone, stay tuned for an upcoming Dead Flip stream soon with some special guests on hand!
•Deadpool – Another update is in the works and is scheduled to be released later this month.
•Ghostbusters code update is delayed, but remains in our schedule.
•Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time. We hope you enjoyed the gigantic Metallica code update last month!
•If you would like to join our mailing list for code updates, please e-mail [email protected] to sign up.

#1166 5 years ago

Status of Code:

We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:
•Just like Aerosmith, another exciting software release from Lonnie and his team with the absolutely massive KISS code update! We hope you have a happy KISSMAS and are enjoying this huge game changing update!
•Batman 1.0 is finally here and to help celebrate this milestone, stay tuned for an upcoming Dead Flip stream soon with some special guests on hand!
•Deadpool – Another update is in the works and is scheduled to be released later this month.
•Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time. We hope you enjoyed the gigantic Metallica code update last month!
•If you would like to join our mailing list for code updates, please e-mail [email protected] to sign up.

#1167 5 years ago

Wow, a lot of marketing text with almost nothing of substance this time.

#1168 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I read the following "substantive" updates:

• we just gave you a big fat KISS update
  • we just gave you a big fat (surprise) Metallica update
  • Batman live stream coming soon
  • Deadpool update coming later this month
  • Ghostbusters delayed, but still in the works

Maybe you were looking for something else specific and didn't receive it?

#1169 5 years ago

How about Brazil assembly line clip

#1170 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I read the following "substantive" updates:

we just gave you a big fat KISS update
we just gave you a big fat (surprise) Metallica update
Batman live stream coming soon
Deadpool update coming later this month
Ghostbusters delayed, but still in the works

Maybe you were looking for something else specific and didn't receive it?

So:
happened already
happened already
ok
ok
ok

Not really much of substance. Zero Iron Maiden code update information, even though there's quite a list of bugs remaining. They need to also call out Game of Thrones code by name because that has some serious bugs that haven't been addressed since release literally years ago.

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So just like every single stern of the Union ever.

You’d have to be pretty dumb to be surprised that this is more of the same.

Either that or just whining to hear yourself whine.

#1172 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I wonder what games they're going to move up in front of Ghostbusters next....

It's like Stern is procrastinating and doesn't want to re-visit this game.

#1173 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Had to reach a word quota.

#1174 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I wonder what games they're going to move up in front of Ghostbusters next....
It's like Stern is procrastinating and doesn't want to re-visit this game.

Nope I don't think that is it now. Dwight is the coder for Munsters. Munsters is in the crunch window and about to launch. Once Munsters is complete, Dwight will go back to Ghostbusters.

#1175 5 years ago

The lack of Ghostbusters code update is appalling. Ghostbusters has been out for how long... 3/4yrs now!? Still with inserts that don’t do anything!

They should be doing these updates in order of release.. I’ve been patient with my LE sitting here I’ve been tempted to sell it, but waiting for an update to breathe new life into it... getting fed up

#1176 5 years ago

It's now been 14 months since Stern first mentioned a Ghostbusters code update coming after Star Wars is completed...that was in their first ever Stern of the Union address. That's ridiculous.

#1177 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Ghostbusters has been out for how long... 3/4yrs now!?

March would be the 3 year mark.

#1178 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

This is hilarious! I don't think they know the definition of the word schedule. They did call it "our schedule" which means nothing, way to go Stern. You have confirmed that you don't have a schedule.

#1179 5 years ago

Still the best (and unfortunately only) Ghostbusters update

9D583B20-FEAA-4851-8F5E-9BD607220F03 (resized).jpeg9D583B20-FEAA-4851-8F5E-9BD607220F03 (resized).jpeg
#1180 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Still the best (and unfortunately only) Ghostbusters update
[quoted image]

That does help, but I found selling mine to work even better!

#1181 5 years ago

What will come first, news that Ghostbusters 3 is in production or Sterns code update for the game?

#1182 5 years ago

Best SOTUA to date IMO

Unless you’re a GB owner

Stern has delivered a lot of code for several games recently so this address was a great summary of fulfilled promises. How can ya bitch about that?

The to-do list is shrinking!

#1183 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Best SOTUA to date IMO
Unless you’re a GB owner
Stern has delivered a lot of code for several games recently so this address was a great summary of fulfilled promises. How can ya bitch about that?

I was thinking the exact same thing. This place can be overly negative and dramatic sometimes.

#1184 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's now been 14 months since Stern first mentioned a Ghostbusters code update coming after Star Wars is completed...that was in their first ever Stern of the Union address. That's ridiculous.

Maybe they are waiting until the topper is finally finished That would be insane... :/

#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

How can ya bitch about that?

Im sure you'll find a way.

#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Best SOTUA to date IMO
Unless you’re a GB owner

As long as a GB update is on the road map, I don't care when it comes out. I really like seeing the random games get updates dropped, like metallica and twd. Kiss got a big update, we have lots of new programmers there, lots of things coming down the pipe. I think most the people that are good at complaining don't work in a software setting....nothing in software is on time, too many unknowns and so many changes.

#1187 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

As long as a GB update is on the road map, I don't care when it comes out. I really like seeing the random games get updates dropped, like metallica and twd. Kiss got a big update, we have lots of new programmers there, lots of things coming down the pipe. I think most the people that are good at complaining don't work in a software setting....nothing in software is on time, too many unknowns and so many changes.

Pike. Down the pike.

#1188 5 years ago

Let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of time between code updates. Based on today's SOTU address, it would be a Twinkie 35 feet long weighing approximately 600 pounds.

#1189 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of time between code updates. Based on today's SOTU address, it would be a Twinkie 35 feet long weighing approximately 600 pounds.

The Twinkie-gument?
Def. a first!
Some things are taking time, but I think Stern properly puts things on priority, some just like to complain from their game owner view, understandable, to a point.
When stern is obviously trying very hard, and delivering a ton of good things, to see people just bitch and moan just looks like tantrum BS.
(Not directed toward Twinkie-gument, that was funny)

#1190 5 years ago

A Twinkie 35 feet long would weigh a lot more than 600 pounds. I always wanted to say that.

#1191 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

A Twinkie 35 feet long would weigh a lot more than 600 pounds. I always wanted to say that.

Average twinkie is 4" long and weighs about .1 lbs. Therefore 35 feet of Twinkie is only 10.5lbs. I always wanted to correct someone's Twinkie calculations.

#1192 5 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Average twinkie is 4" long and weighs about .1 lbs. Therefore 35 feet of Twinkie is only 10.5lbs. I always wanted to correct someone's Twinkie calculations.

Sure, if you only extend the length and keep the same width and height (aka a super long super skinny twinkie). If you have a twinkie of similar proportions at that length it will be much heavier.

#1194 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So:
happened already
happened already
ok
ok
ok

Dude.. it's not always about forward looking statements or new promises. The thing recaps what's happened since the last update and they should celebrate the releases. You're just being a sourpuss across the board of late.

It's the state of the union... not "heres the things we are promising to launch you didn't know about".

#1195 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's the state of the union... not "heres the things we are promising to launch you didn't know about".

It feels sometimes they can’t win short of them holding the software releases back and only release them with the Stern of the Union.

#1196 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It feels sometimes they can’t win short of them holding the software releases back and only release them with the Stern of the Union.

If they want PinMonk to stop grumbling about the SOTUA, they'll evidently need to include monthly updates on Iron Maiden and GOTG.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Not really much of substance. Zero Iron Maiden code update information, even though there's quite a list of bugs remaining. They need to also call out Game of Thrones code by name because that has some serious bugs that haven't been addressed since release literally years ago.

#1197 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If they want vireland to stop grumbling about the SOTUA, they'll evidently need to include monthly updates on Iron Maiden and GOTG.

Don't care about Guardians of the Galaxy. It sucks.

Game of Thrones, I care about. It's been ignored since release and has some pretty large bugs that need fixing.

#1198 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's been ignored since release and has some pretty large bugs that need fixing.

It has not been ignored since release. Unless you're still playing the swashbuckler videa mode?

#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

be happy you haven't waited 3-4 yrs like kiss fans did

#1200 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I was thinking the exact same thing. This place can be overly negative and dramatic sometimes.

if we could get rid of about 4-5 guys on here, it certainly would help that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/24?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.