FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 33.
#1101 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

No mention of fixing the ACDC oi Mania bugs ... fixing existing bugs should be a high priority.

Haven'y yet updated as waiting for this to be fixed!

Was hoping for a mini-wizard mode as well

#1102 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Actually, AC/DC was the first pin with RGB lighting.

Actually, New Canasta was, which was a reason we didn't bother to try and patent it (unlike Stern).

#1103 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Actually, New Canasta was, which was a reason we didn't bother to try and patent it (unlike Stern).

**Mic drop**

#1104 5 years ago

I don’t get it.

#1105 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Patenting RGB LEDs (in a pinball machine).

Hahahahaha. Hilarious.

The not so hilarious part is they could have succeeded, given the insanely broken US patent system.

#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

No mention of fixing the ACDC oi Mania bugs ... fixing existing bugs should be a high priority.

Patience on this one. It's certainly not forgotten.

Rob

#1107 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Was hoping for a mini-wizard mode as well

I’ve had my ACDC a few weeks now. I haven’t made it to the broken Oiee mania yet. Updating isn’t for Oi mania, but rather all the other awards associated with the horns as well as all the rules and balance changes. Worth the update IMO.

#1108 5 years ago

Just for perspective, the last Kiss update was August 2, 2017 - 14 months ago.

Last Ghostbusters update was January 17, 2017 - coming up on 2 years ago.

#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Just ridiculous for both games, especially Ghostbusters considering it's still in production and has been a very popular title.

#1110 5 years ago
PUZZEL (resized).jpgPUZZEL (resized).jpg
#1111 5 years ago

I'm just gonna blurt it out. I think Gomez prioritizes all code updates and BM66 is his baby. I've seen 17 BM66 code updates since the last GB code update. In Stern of the Union addresses, under code updates, BM66 is always at the top of the list, followed by other games, with GB at the bottom. The whole thing looks more like first in, last out instead of first in, first out!

#1112 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I've seen 17 BM66 code updates since the last GB code update...

But it was like the most unfinished piece of hot garbage in years right?

#1113 5 years ago

I'm just gonna blurt it out. I think Gomez prioritizes all code updates and BM66 is his baby. I've seen 17 BM66 code updates since the last GB code update. In Stern of the Union addresses, under code updates, BM66 is always at the top of the list, followed by other games, with GB at the bottom. The whole thing looks more like first in, last out instead of first in, first out!

I don’t think this is so much of Gomez’s doing as TF and AV got shit code support. BM66 is all about ‘In Lyman we trust”.

#1114 5 years ago

Email [email protected] and tell them to get their asses in gear on the GB update.

#1115 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t think this is so much of Gomez’s doing as TF and AV got shit code support. BM66 is all about ‘In Lyman we trust”.

I dunno, B66 seems to be a special case for some reason, whether it is Gomez or Lyman. No game has had two years of dedicated effort like B66 has. Lyman has reportedly done work on his own personal time to polish older games up, but Stern seems to be letting him stay focused on B66 full time. Other devs seem to get moved onto new machines much more quickly.

#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I just hope GB is more an Aerosmith update and less a Star Trek update.

#1117 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I dunno, B66 seems to be a special case for some reason, whether it is Gomez or Lyman. No game has had two years of dedicated effort like B66 has. Lyman has reportedly done work on his own personal time to polish older games up, but Stern seems to be letting him stay focused on B66 full time. Other devs seem to get moved onto new machines much more quickly.

Make great code with updates.

Sell more pins. Pretty simple

Maybe Stern GB license has expired

#1118 5 years ago

As for BM66 it started with next to nothing BUT

You always knew Lyman would deliver a masterpiece again. And he has/is

For some reason I don’t have any faith in GB being meaningful. Still a fun pin

#1119 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Make great code with updates.
Sell more pins. Pretty simple

Doubtful, they did a run of GB pro's around July.

#1120 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Doubtful, they did a run of GB pro's around July.

I realize they have staffed up and are doing a much better job but use some of that MASSIVE TAX CUT and hire more people to get it done. Right Levi?

New meaningful code sparks more sales

#1121 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Patenting RGB LEDs (in a pinball machine).
Hahahahaha. Hilarious.
The not so hilarious part is they could have succeeded, given the insanely broken US patent system.

Except that there was prior art that would have eventually invalidated it.

#1122 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But it was like the most unfinished piece of hot garbage in years right?

Ever. The most unfinished Stern hot garbage in their modern history.

#1123 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Poor Lyman had to code Batman TWICE.

#1124 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Poor Lyman had to code Batman TWICE.

Second time was more successful than the first...eventually. But to be fair, there was a lot more to work with.

#1125 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hopefully they'll release a GB code update before I expire.

#1126 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Except that there was prior art that would have eventually invalidated it.

There's plenty of prior art with plenty of patents. The problem is that patent trolls / big companies hoover them up, then it is financially and logistically very difficult for smaller companies or individuals to successfully challenge it in court ... hence presumably why Stern attempted to patent it.

Also, there is absolutely nothing novel or patent worthy about buying LEDs (rgb or otherwise) from an OEM and putting them in a pinball machine.

#1127 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

No mention of fixing the ACDC oi Mania bugs ...

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I don't understand your reasoning for waiting to update. Oi mania didn't exist in prior versions, right? It wasn't broken by the update. What do you gain by not installing the latest code?

#1128 5 years ago

This has everything to do with Lyman being promised to work on BM66 until HE thinks it is done. It's game specific.

For some of the other titles, the teams are on other games, so they need to be put back on the other titles again.

4 weeks later
#1129 5 years ago

Let's warm this thread back up for Tuesday's address. Hopefully, they will announce when they expect Kiss and the last of BM66 to be completed.

#1130 5 years ago

Jesus pumping this thread 3 days quicker than normal?

#1131 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Let's warm this thread back up for Tuesday's address. Hopefully, they will announce when they expect Kiss and the last of BM66 to be completed.

Forget all that, what about Bill and Ted's?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bill-and-ted-s-excellent-adventure/page/2#post-4668182

#1132 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Forget all that, what about Bill and Ted's?

Eh....pass.....

#1133 5 years ago

i thought that was jack's home-brew pin?

#1134 5 years ago

Here's my predictions

1. Batman 66 just had another update released, the team will be finishing the games code soon.

2. The KISS update is now in testing and is scheduled to be released by the end of the year

3. The Star Wars topper is in its final stages of the final approval stages and will be released once the final final approval is recieved

4. A final Ghostbusters update will come following updates to KISS, Dead Pool, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman 66, Iron Maiden, and Beatles.

Lol

#1135 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's my predictions
1. Batman 66 just had another update released, the team will be finishing the games code soon.
2. The KISS update is now in testing and is scheduled to be released by the end of the year
3. The Star Wars topper is in its final stages of the final approval stages and will be released once the final final approval is recieved
4. A final Ghostbusters update will come following updates to KISS, Dead Pool, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman 66, Iron Maiden, and Beatles.
Lol

5. Stern has aquired JJP.....for a steal!

#1136 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

5. Stern has aquired JJP.....for a steal!

Lol! Yes. I can read the headlines now "Stern Aquires JJP, Stops Production Of All JJP Games To Make Theirs Look Better".

#1137 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol! Yes. I can read the headlines now "Stern Aquires JJP, Stops Production Of All JJP Games To Make Theirs Look Better".

Nah, just Dialed In.

#1138 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol

Let's just hope it comes before that Wheel of Fortune update.

#1139 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:Let's just hope it comes before that Wheel of Fortune update.

Well ... Wheel of fortune HAS been waiting the longest for "complete code"

#1140 5 years ago

So.......

#1141 5 years ago

SOTUA: Beatles released. Your welcome.

#1142 5 years ago

Just to save time...

November 2018 - Status of Code:

We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:

Deadpool – Work continues on this month’s release.
Batman ’66 – v0.99.0 code was released last week. Look for the next update soon.
KISS code update is currently in final testing and tweaking. We will release this update as soon as it’s ready.
Ghostbusters code update is delayed, but remains a priority in our schedule after the KISS release.
Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time.
If you would like to join our mailing list for all code updates for any of our games, please send an e-mail to [email protected] to sign up.

#1143 5 years ago

Copy. Paste. Done.

#1144 5 years ago

Or....

Just to save time...
November 2018 - Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:
Deadpool – Work continues on this month’s release.
Batman ’66 – v0.99.0 code was released last week. Look for the next update soon.
KISS code update is currently in final testing and tweaking. This is a truly massive update and you will all be super happy.
Ghostbusters code update is delayed, but remains a priority in our schedule after the KISS release.
Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time.
If you would like to join our mailing list for all code updates for any of our games, please send an e-mail to [email protected] to sign up.

#1145 5 years ago

Wow Ghostbusters code is even more delayed? It better be a substantial update...

#1146 5 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Wow Ghostbusters code is even more delayed? It better be a substantial update...

Sounds more like they haven't even started on it.

#1147 5 years ago

Hoping this means oi mania gets fixed soon plus a few extras on the AC/DC code. Last run of AC/DC.

Final Encore:

The final encore is here for this legendary trio of rock and roll games from Stern Pinball. To help celebrate this milestone, all final production games of AC/DC Pro, Aerosmith Pro and Metallica Pro will include a commemorative collectible flyer signed by the lead designer (Steve Ritchie and John Borg) and programmer (Lyman Sheats and Lonnie Ropp)!

#1148 5 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Gomez mentioned at Expo about the library insert needing to do something, the need for another wizard mode alluded to on the game card (Are you a God) and a good amount of polish needed. I would expect at least those items when the update finally comes.

#1149 5 years ago

Cannot wait for the KISS update!!!! Sounds like a major update to an already fun machine.....

#1150 5 years ago

Stern Army? Really?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/23?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.