FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 33.
#1051 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Why is everyone complaining about the topper not arriving... And when it eventually does come out. They start to scream again about the price. I don't get it.

Everyone is expecting $500. Don't think much screaming will be happening. Then again, this is Pinside.

#1052 5 years ago

Must be some KISS news

Played today and wow, reminded me how more polish is so needed - just so few call outs on Kiss Army MB.

Fingers crossed!

#1053 5 years ago

I predict new gb code.

#1054 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I predict new gb code.

8 Ball said: Try Again

#1055 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

For what a person gets on some of the Stern toppers, the value does not equal to the price.
Did you buy a GB topper?

Of course not. I’m not willing to pay additional 569€ for a piece of plastic wich does contain cheap Chinese made node boards sold with margin of 1000%. I know that licenses do cost money. But it can’t be that much. To be honest it does look cool, but I would not pay more than 300€ for it. Considering the game itself is over 6,2k€

#1056 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Of course not. I’m not willing to pay additional 569€ for a piece of plastic wich does contain cheap Chinese made node boards sold with margin of 1000%. I know that licenses do cost money. But it can’t be that much. To be honest it does look cool, but I would not pay more than 300€ for it. Considering the game itself is over 6,2k€

That may be how many of us will feel about the SW topper.

#1057 5 years ago

Does anyone else think it should be called the "State of the Stern Address" rather than the "Stern of the Union Address"?

#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Does anyone else think it should be called the "State of the Stern Address" rather than the "Stern of the Union Address"?

Post #16

#1059 5 years ago

Meh. He's on ignore.

#1060 5 years ago

My prediction...

Code updates in progress for Kiss , GB, etc.

Absolutely nothing new to report.

#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

My prediction...
Code updates in progress for Kiss , GB, etc.
Absolutely nothing new to report.

SW topper news?

#1062 5 years ago

Its in the final stages of approval...

#1063 5 years ago

Coming to a Sunday near you soon!

#1064 5 years ago

For the SW topper don’t hold your breath waiting for it....could be hazardous to your health. Sucks for those that are wanting one.

Only relevant thing announced be....more new titles to be announced....STAY TUNED!

#1065 5 years ago

I predict yet another betrayal of trust, yet another display of contempt and purposeful infliction of great personal hurt towards those who love them unconditionally.

Oh Stern, why do you hate us so?

#1066 5 years ago

Star Wars topper revealed + new Ghostbusters code.

Prediction.

#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh Stern, why do you hate us so?

Stern only hates them till the next first Monday of the month when all is forgiven

#1068 5 years ago

I think it was Crazy Levi who earlier pointed out that Stern doesn't announce code in these bulletins, just recaps what's been released lately, and possibly what to look forward to.

#1069 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I think it was Crazy Levi who earlier pointed out that Stern doesn't announce code in these bulletins, just recaps what's been released lately, and possibly what to look forward to.

True but didn’t last month show AS in final testing and sure enough it was released within a day or two?

#1070 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

True but didn’t last month show AS in final testing and sure enough it was released within a day or two?

Yes, but it didn't announce the day of release of the code.

#1071 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yes, but it didn't announce the day of release of the code.

Hopefully we see GB in final testing and code later this week!

#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hopefully we see GB in final testing and code later this week!

Perhaps.

My money would be on KISS.

Or Wheel of Fortune.

#1073 5 years ago

I guess we'll be waiting til 5pm for this Stern post.

#1075 5 years ago

Has the Stern of the Union ever actually broken news?

It seems to be a roundup of what's happened recently, and some vague updates on what code they're working on. But then we might get a code update the day after on a title that wasn't even mentioned.

#1076 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Has the Stern of the Union ever actually broken news?

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good thread

#1077 5 years ago

They forgot how copy and paste works. That’s why it isn’t up yet.

#1078 5 years ago

Status of Code:

We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:

Deadpool – The next update is underway and will be released later this month.
Batman ’66 – We hope you enjoyed last week’s release (v0.95.0) and there is still plenty in store! We are hard at work on the next upcoming update.
Aerosmith v 1.06.0 was released last month, if you didn’t get a chance to check out the big update! KISS updates are currently in development with Ghostbusters still in line after the KISS release.
Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time.
If you would like to join our mailing list for all code updates for any of our games, please send an e-mail to [email protected] to sign up.

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Ghostbusters still in line after the KISS release

I think they meant to say...GB will be after the Munsters v1.0 code release.

#1081 5 years ago

This month has a lot of content, so kudos there. Looks like KISS has crept forward in development. I doubt GB will be on the table before the end of the year, which is a bummer.

#1082 5 years ago

Wish there was better news for the Ghostbusters update but I'm glad they are at least being open about what's going on.

#1083 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wish there was better news for the Ghostbusters update but I'm glad they are at least being open about what's going on.

They said that Ghostbusters and Kiss were getting final updates in the Stern of the Union post A YEAR AGO! I don't feel like this is all that open and honest. Just a repetition of the same old same old month after month.

OCTOBER 2017

Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here’s a sneak peek at two games that will have updates coming very soon, as well as status on a few other titles:

- Star Wars with its newest asteroid video mode and intense lightsaber duel!
- Batman ’66 with the new major villain cliffhangers!
- Ghostbusters: As soon as Star Wars is complete, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
- Aerosmith: Aerosmith will also be getting a little more polish.
- KISS: We will be revisiting KISS code very soon to create a final update.

#1084 5 years ago

What a load of crap.

#1085 5 years ago

Stern need to say that (code updates) so more game will sale. Stern needs to clear warehouse out. You'll be like let me pick one up, new code will be out soon. Tie bate on a string and pull it slowly, so you can follow and not loose track or get distracted. Because you may start paying attention to Spooky and Jersey Jack.

#1086 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Stern need to say that (code updates) so more game will sale. Stern needs to clear warehouse out. You'll be like let me pick one up, new code will be out soon. Tie bate on a string and pull it slowly, so you can follow and not loose track or get distracted. Because you may start paying attention to Spooky and Jersey Jack.

GB has been my only NIB ever, and fortunately I don't have the cash to jump at every new thing. I know things have changed since GB first came out as far as release levels and code updates, but GB has been pretty sad since they said it would be next once SW got to 1.0.

#1087 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

JJP is zero threat to Stern right now. When you announce a game, and then not ship it for 10 months with removed features, you are no threat to Stern.

#1088 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

JJP is zero threat to Stern right now. When you announce a game, and then not ship it for 10 months with removed features, you are no threat to Stern.

Yeah that's not true. Let's say JJP has sold 6,000 games total since WOZ was released at an average price of $8k across all games and models. That's close to $50 million in sales, that's a big chunk of change considering there's only so much pinball money to go around. Yes, JJP is a threat to Sterns business as that $50 million could have been theres.

#1089 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah that's not true. Let's say JJP has sold 6,000 games total since WOZ was released at an average price of $8k across all games and models. That's close to $50 million in sales, that's a big chunk of change considering there's only so much pinball money to go around. Yes, JJP is a threat to Sterns business as that $50 million could have been theres.

Stern makes up to 50 games a day and they sell every one of them. They are not capable of missing out on any potential sales if they have no spare inventory.

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don’t think their margin is a great as you think.
How much do you think they actually clear on each game sold?

#1091 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

What a load of crap.

I have said the whole Stern of the Union is a load of crap since the first one. They say the same shit every month. It’s a good thing Stern was not in charge of putting a man on the moon cause we would still be test launching unmanned rockets.

Stern doesn’t give 2 shits about any code updates as long as people keep buying each new release.

#1092 5 years ago

Turd of the union address

Honestly tho I can’t bitch. All my games are dope as fuuuuuuuuukc right now. Thanks for the AS love Stern!

But it sure must suck to be errbody else. No way in hell I’m taking that risk again. I hope those waiting are rewarded greatly.

#1093 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP was a tremendous help to Stern, they grew the market of pin buyers and proved the LE market was truly viable. I don’t think WOZ stole a single sale from Stern (at least not the first couple years after it’s release), it did create a ton of excitement for Pinball generally though.

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern started using RGB lighting after JJP and LCD screens too. Made them up their game in that aspect.

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Stern makes up to 50 games a day and they sell every one of them. They are not capable of missing out on any potential sales if they have no spare inventory.

WWE sold all them too. WOW

#1096 5 years ago

This is such crap there's nothing of any substance... So sick of the shit as a Stern buyer.
OK see you next month Gary i love you.

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

WWE sold all them too. WOW

Depends on how you define "sold."

#1098 5 years ago

No mention of fixing the ACDC oi Mania bugs ... fixing existing bugs should be a high priority.

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP is ZERO threat to Stern.

You need to get this into your head.

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Stern started using RGB lighting after JJP and LCD screens too. Made them up their game in that aspect.

Actually, AC/DC was the first pin with RGB lighting.

In either event, it doesn't change or negate anything I wrote.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 34.99
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/22?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.