FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 33.
#1001 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

If the right ramp is your skill shot and you hit it first, it works. But if you hit some other target first, then you hit it, the game doesn't acknowledge the skill shot.

I don't see why that's a bug. Generally on any game where you hit a shot that's not a skill shot, you validate the playfield and normal play begins.

#1002 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I don't see why that's a bug.

Yeah that seems normal to me. Kind of takes skill not to hit another target first

#1003 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah that seems normal to me. Kind of takes skill not to hit another target first

Yeah that's true, but the light still flashes as if it's active. And the drop target skill shot stays active, but will always credit the shot if it's flashing.

#1004 5 years ago

For example the skill shot on Metallica with the full plunge the skill shot is active for several seconds and if you miss and hit another target/switch you still have time for a second shot to hit the skill shot I believe.

#1005 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has any actual REAL news EVER been broken by a Stern of the Union post?

Yes it has, actually. We learned that the Star Wars topper is going through the final stages of approval, and it's release is imminent.

In fact, we've learned that like 12 times in a row.

#1006 5 years ago

Where’s the Dialed In Code update?

Sorry wrong thread.

#1007 5 years ago

Topper. I almost forgot about that.

#1008 5 years ago

StarWars Topper or GB code update, which first?

#1009 5 years ago

ohhhhh that's tough....I'm gonna go with topper

#1010 5 years ago

GB code to coincide with Halloween?

#1011 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

2018-09-18 15_24_32-whatcha talking about willis meme - Bing images - Internet Explorer (resized).png2018-09-18 15_24_32-whatcha talking about willis meme - Bing images - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#1012 5 years ago

sw topper (resized).pngsw topper (resized).png

#1013 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

"I talked to such and such at Stern a while back, and they said they were not planning on any major code changes for GB, mainly just fixing bugs."

Last time Dwight commented on the code he considered the game done, so bug fixes seems logical. Maybe a balance of scoring here or there, but yeah.

#1014 5 years ago

Star Wars topper? That would be nice, the money burned a hole in my pocket months and months ago it's waiting on the floor in my living room as we speak.

#1015 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

GB code to coincide with Halloween?

Halloween 2019

#1016 5 years ago

No luck unfortunately with the SW topper folks.

It was a question I raised directly to Mr. Stern in his seminar at Pinfest / Newcastle over the weekend, “what about the SW topper”?

Gary was very apologetic and said the road block was purely being caused by Disney marketing being “such a pain in the ass to work with” (my interpretation of his reply).

I believe it to be the case, because Stern would ship orders of a few hundred toppers globally right of the bat.

My only thought was that why can’t the topper be predesigned with the cab and play field bits to be submitted at the same time? Maybe in a perfect world it could but I’m sure those resources would be allocated elsewhere and the objective to get the game released first.

So what if the topper takes longer to arrive. It kinda makes it more fun to think there’s more coming and big thanks uncle Walt for the wait!

#1017 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

No luck unfortunately with the SW topper folks.
It was a question I raised directly to Mr. Stern in his seminar at Pinfest / Newcastle over the weekend, “what about the SW topper”?
Gary was very apologetic and said the road block was purely being caused by Disney marketing being “such a pain in the ass to work with” (my interpretation of his reply).
I believe it to be the case, because Stern would ship orders of a few hundred toppers globally right of the bat.
My only thought was that why can’t the topper be predesigned with the cab and play field bits to be submitted at the same time? Maybe in a perfect world it could but I’m sure those resources would be allocated elsewhere and the objective to get the game released first.
So what if the topper takes longer to arrive. It kinda makes it more fun to think there’s more coming and big thanks uncle Walt for the wait!

I don’t think it makes it more fun. I would have sucked up the high price and bought one during the honeymoon phase. I still love the game, but I won’t be sinking 500 more dollars into it at this point. I think for the most part, they missed the boat by not releasing it while it was a “hot new title.”

#1018 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh wait this is just another code whining thread in disguise?
Got it. Carry on.

If anybody knows a lot about ***, it is definitely you! You're the King of ***.

#1019 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

StarWars Topper, GB code update...or Stern 30th Anniversary Coffee Table Book...

#1020 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

StarWars Topper, GB code update...or Stern 30th Anniversary Coffee Table Book...

Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpgIce-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
#1021 5 years ago

SOTU was (probly) created because of the pinside cries of "zero communication" and such. But it will never be enough, and it will never change what is actually happening or going to happen. It's just there to appease the casual followers, and show an effort to communicate.
For me, it is enough, and if they actually mention something there, I trust it will not be abandoned. I also don't car much on timelines at that point, I actually enjoy playing pins at all stages of code, and so does 95% (or more!) of the people playing pinball in this world.
Why some people can't even act happy about pinball without Stern and SOTU being unrealistically perfect, is beyond me.

#1022 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I don’t think it makes it more fun. I would have sucked up the high price and bought one during the honeymoon phase. I still love the game, but I won’t be sinking 500 more dollars into it at this point. I think for the most part, they missed the boat by not releasing it while it was a “hot new title.”

Yeah true we missied the honeymoon phase but maybe there’s still a new hope for the first anniversary, or even the second.

I reckon there could be some third party home attempts, but who’s going to attempt something with a droid head if they’ll get busted for an IP breach by Disney?

It’s a bit like the SW LED pinblades by PinGraffix. I absolutely luv em to bits, they are a killer addition and 100% professional quality mod. I’ll probably never take ‘em off. They have planet and laser beams flash on and off, but can you imagine if they tried to replicate some tie fighters or x-wing art on a released product.

However, there’s nothing to stop one from adding these themselves... not implying that I have either.

Wait untill those toppers finally get released and dangled under peoples nose. Folks will be cued up round the corner like it was some Supreme product, with money in fist to be the first to get one, with or without any illuminations. lol.

#1023 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

SOTU was (probly) created because of the pinside cries of "I also don't care much on timelines at that point, I actually enjoy playing pins at all stages of code, ...”

Me too brother. In fact I’ve reverted back to earlier codes for fun on how underdeveloped the initial code was and in retrospective and recall the difference.

Do you think Stellar Wars ever got any code update? Me thinks not...

#1024 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Last time Dwight commented on the code he considered the game done, so bug fixes seems logical. Maybe a balance of scoring here or there, but yeah.

There's still some moderate bugs, one that lets two modes play at the same time as an example. My #1 wish is that some of the hard coded difficulty settings become changeable in the game settings. Captive ball timeouts and award difficulties, ghost collection difficulty any maybe the mission timers (or add more time for Spook Central alternate shots).

Rob

#1025 5 years ago

Every game that Stern has needs an update. Get the "Team Play" working Stern. Spooky Pinball has Team Play in TNA

#1026 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Every game that Stern has needs an update. Get the "Team Play" working Stern. Spooky Pinball has Team Play in TNA

Team play only really works when the objective is very simple and clear (reactors). Stern did team scoring a few years ago. Total bust. Also, I call the team scoring millennial mode. Everyone gets a trophy. Not a fan haha.

#1027 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Team play only really works when the objective is very simple and clear (reactors). Stern did team scoring a few years ago. Total bust. Also, I call the team scoring millennial mode. Everyone gets a trophy. Not a fan haha.

Legitimately the last thing I think I'd need on a pin.

#1028 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Team play only really works when the objective is very simple and clear (reactors).

I tend to agree. Team play failed on Batman Forever, but it’s a huge hit on TNA.

I tend to agree with those saying it’s best to keep the code complaints out of this thread. There are already code complaint threads. Why make this one another one when this one is supposed to just me about their monthly updates? I agree everyone has the right to ask for stuff, but does it need to be in this specific thread? It just brings so much negativity to constantly talk about what a game doesn’t have.

#1029 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I tend to agree. Team play failed on Batman Forever, but it’s a huge hit on TNA.
I tend to agree with those saying it’s best to keep the code complaints out of this thread. There are already code complaint threads. Why make this one another one when this one is supposed to just me about their monthly updates? I agree everyone has the right to ask for stuff, but does it need to be in this specific thread? It just brings so much negativity to constantly talk about what a game doesn’t have.

I can see what your intent is, but are people supposed to just be thanking Stern for their effort to keep us up to date? Not sure if this thread would be as continually bumped up as it is...

#1030 5 years ago

I am glad Stern never has given us a possible release date for the SW topper.

#1031 5 years ago

I guess my concern is really not wanting to encourage cheerleading only.

Stern has done some good stuff lately but if all we did was mindlessly cheerlead we would still be getting junk like X-Men release code.

No need to be endlessly be negative but being a mindless fanboy also has clear drawbacks if you want good pinball.

#1032 5 years ago

What happened? Did Stern leave the business? Just kidding

I guess just maintenance work.

A934C00D-F0E3-45B2-877A-E423B9425FF6 (resized).pngA934C00D-F0E3-45B2-877A-E423B9425FF6 (resized).png
#1033 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I can see what your intent is, but are people supposed to just be thanking Stern for their effort to keep us up to date? Not sure if this thread would be as continually bumped up as it is...

Right, this thread should be "bumped up" when a new STUA drops and people want to discuss it. It's annoying to see new activity that's just someone grumbling about GB code (and then people inevitably responding to the grumbling). If people want to gripe in general terms about the state of [insert game here] code, start a new thread and have at it. All fair and important things to talk about, but it doesn't have to be in this thread.

#1034 5 years ago

All topics go off topic, live with it.

#1035 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

[quoted image]

They must be getting ready to reveal the Star Wars topper. That has to be It!

#1036 5 years ago

Azure??? Stern has people who know Linux. I hope they use Azure with linux VM's.

#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

They must be getting ready to reveal the Star Wars topper. That has to be It!

Oh, I seriously doubt that.

#1038 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

[quoted image]

http://sternpinball.com (they didnt map the virtual domain www ) sigh

#1039 5 years ago

Weird to be offline this long.

Their FB page is down as well.

#1040 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Hrmm, I can get to the FB page, and if you drop the 'www' from their url, you can get their website up.. Odd that it would be this way for so long to correct this.. Takes about 2 seconds for calls to flood me here, if i mess something up like that

#1041 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Legitimately the last thing I think I'd need on a pin.

That's because you play by yourself.

#1042 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's the Russian or Attack From Mars

#1043 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

That's because you play by yourself.

It's not that I play by myself, it's just I don't need help. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#1044 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's not that I play by myself, it's just I don't need help. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t need help either. But it’s fun to play with friends towards the same goal. It’s insanely fun actually.

Would you like to never see Valinor, or reach it with three friends together?

#1045 5 years ago

At this point I'd take Midnight Madness to be put back in the code and forget the topper altogether. I'm not sure if that would need the same Disney approval.

#1046 5 years ago

Let's warm up this thread again since it may be posted tomorrow. I'm guessing there will be no new potential release dates for new code updates other than what posted for September.

#1047 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Let's warm up this thread again since it may be posted tomorrow. I'm guessing there will be no new potential release dates for new code updates other than what posted for September.

I expect, "The SW topper is in final stages of approval." Copy/paste for another year.

#1048 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I expect, "The SW topper is in final stages of approval." Copy/paste for another year.

Maybe they will not mention it at all just to see if people's heads explode.

#1049 5 years ago

Why is everyone complaining about the topper not arriving... And when it eventually does come out. They start to scream again about the price. I don't get it.

#1050 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Why is everyone complaining about the topper not arriving... And when it eventually does come out. They start to scream again about the price. I don't get it.

Well, July 2018 when games started shipping and we still have no topper, that's part of the reason for the complaints. For what a person gets on some of the Stern toppers, the value does not equal to the price.

Did you buy a GB topper?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/21?hl=sprudeldudel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.