FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 33.
#951 5 years ago

I route a GB and my players know about a lot of the issues in the game. They didn’t need my help and often tell me things that I didn’t know yet.

#952 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I got the update downloaded onto the USB stick but when i plug the USB stick into the game and turn it on the update wont download. Anyone else having problems?

Be absolutely certain there is nothing on the usb stick except for the update file. No folders no other files, nothing.

#953 5 years ago

Stern has said GB is coming, but people still bitching about it??
They are doing great things about code, but I guess if everything isn't being done at once they deserve to be shit on.
Where is the Star Wars topper? Lol
Just as predicted, stern relates their plans, and now everyone bitches about timelines and things not being done NOW!

#954 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Be absolutely certain there is nothing on the usb stick except for the update file. No folders no other files, nothing.

Yep i finally got it to download but it was weird how i had to do it. Not the same as the other downloads. Alot of people seemed to have problems with this one.

#955 5 years ago

Pins updating from usb sticks are about as finicky as fords sync updates via usb. If you use a Mac it will be hard to work as well. Using windows to format fat32 is the best. However I think spike 2 may support exfat?

#956 5 years ago

"Stern has said GB is coming, but people still bitching about it??"

There's a 50/50 shot we will get bumped. It's happened before.

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

They are doing great things about code, but I guess if everything isn't being done at once they deserve to be shit on.
Just as predicted, stern relates their plans, and now everyone bitches about timelines and things not being done NOW!

You're right. Stern is doing a much, much better job lately.

But... Stern sold incomplete games & dragged their feet for way too long so although errbody is grateful for the communication & new hires there's years of frustration amplifying the emotion of GB, KISS & etc owners.

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Pins updating from usb sticks are about as finicky as fords sync updates via usb. If you use a Mac it will be hard to work as well. Using windows to format fat32 is the best. However I think spike 2 may support exfat?

I haven't had any issues making these sticks on my Mac.

#959 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

"Stern has said GB is coming, but people still bitching about it??"
There's a 50/50 shot we will get bumped. It's happened before.

Yes. Hopefully that will not too far out. It will just depend on how far along Dwight has the Munster's code at release. With the new programmers at Stern, I hope that gives more time for the older games to get code updates in the near future before moving onto a new project.

#960 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You're right. Stern is doing a much, much better job lately.
But... Stern sold incomplete games & dragged their feet for way too long so although errbody is grateful for the communication & new hires there's years of frustration amplifying the emotion of GB, KISS & etc owners.

Agree.

However the fact they have said they are working on KISS and other games has been enough for me to continue buying Stern games.

Waited so long for KISS, so as long as it is a great update, I don't mind too much now.

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I haven't had any issues making these sticks on my Mac.

Well that’s good! It can get real finicky. Not sure my sterns have had issues either, I just have a handful of windows formatted fat32 sticks. Mac formatting a fat32 adds a bunch of hidden things.

#962 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

"Incomplete is debatable, but good point.
I don't play some of these titles very much, but they earn decent, and there is pretty decent play there.

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Well that’s good! It can get real finicky. Not sure my sterns have had issues either, I just have a handful of windows formatted fat32 sticks. Mac formatting a fat32 adds a bunch of hidden things.

It's not Mac formatting, it's the Finder that adds the invisible files.

But that's all they are. They don't affect the format.

#964 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It's not Mac formatting, it's the Finder that adds the invisible files.
But that's all they are. They don't affect the format.

Obviously the only real solution, is to run a cli base Unix/Linux :-p

Ya they shouldn’t get in the way.

#965 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

"Incomplete is debatable, but good point.
I don't play some of these titles very much, but they earn decent, and there is pretty decent play there.

I think a lot of owners get so frustrated with Stern's code support as NIB Stern prices are the same across titles (except DMD vs LCD games) yet the code support across their releases isn't consistent. You can have one game receive a ton of code support with deep and unique rules and then another title offer the complete opposite yet the prices of both games are the same. One game may have its code completed within 6 months and the other within 2 years...if it's completed at all. That's BS at these prices.

Stern has been doing a much better job recently with their code support. I hope the trend continues and that the upcoming updates for KISS and Ghostbusters are substantial in the way that the latest Aerosmith update is.

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Obviously the only real solution, is to run a cli base Unix/Linux :-p
Ya they shouldn’t get in the way.

The only REAL solution is an Amiga!

#967 5 years ago

Wasn’t on the SOU announcement this month but looks like GOTG just got another code update little tweaks but still another code up!

New code seems to have just dropped.

PRO/PREM/LE V1.04 - Sept. 6, 2018
=====================

- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.25.0
- Added adjustment to scale GI, Insert, and Flasher LED brightness, range
is 25% to 100%.
- Added adjustment to limit GI, Insert, and Flasher LED Max brightness, range
is 64 to 255.

#968 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wasn’t on the SOU announcement this month but looks like GOTG just got another code update little tweaks but still another code up!
New code seems to have just dropped.
PRO/PREM/LE V1.04 - Sept. 6, 2018

The game is done. They just moved to the latest operating system. Even though the Color GI is still unused on Prem/LE

#969 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

The game is done. They just moved to the latest operating system. Even though the Color GI is still unused on Prem/LE

Please tell me your joking? That’s nuts!

#970 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Please tell me your joking? That’s nuts!

What are you expecting? Not every game has to be deep as hell. Some games are focused on casual players. Wich might not be as good as we are. So it’s decent.

#971 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

What are you expecting? Not every game has to be deep as hell. Some games are focused on casual players. Wich might not be as good as we are. So it’s decent.

You said the colour GI isn’t coded, I would expect that to be coded especially since it’s a asvertised on the feature matrix and one of the reasons some people may have brought a Prem/LE.

And colour GI has nothing to do with code depth, so you have lost me a little there although if anything better lightshows draw in casual players and are a nice pay off for better players.

Just doesn’t make sense to have colour GI and not code it/use it.

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You said the colour GI isn’t coded, I would expect that to be coded especially since it’s a asvertised on the feature matrix and one of the reasons some people may have brought a Prem/LE.
And colour GI has nothing to do with code depth, so you have lost me a little there although if anything better lightshows draw in casual players and are a nice pay off for better players.
Just doesn’t make sense to have colour GI and not code it/use it.

Right. What i meant by saying the game is done. Is that the game is deep enough. But I would like to see the Color GI finally working thought.

#973 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Right. What i meant by saying the game is done. Is that the game is deep enough. But I would like to see the Color GI finally working thought.

That’s exactly what I meant, if there is colour GI it should most definitely be coded and used.

I was surprised when you posted saying it wasn’t, as colour GI is awesome in games like TWD and a game like GOTG would benefit from some colour GI in the code as the game is gorgeous!

#974 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Yup, Stern now appears to be putting out at least one title a year with a smaller number of modes that is more approachable for casual players. Last year it was Aerosmith, this year it's Guardians. I don't think it's a bad thing, just glad they are still making games that have deeper code and a lot of modes.

#975 5 years ago

The rules are done on GOTG, but it still has some bugs and tweaks needed.

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, Stern now appears to be putting out at least one title a year with a smaller number of modes that is more approachable for casual players. Last year it was Aerosmith, this year it's Guardians. I don't think it's a bad thing, just glad they are still making games that have deeper code and a lot of modes.

It’s a great approach, offers something for everyone, I just can’t understand why they would put coloured GI in a game and then not code it or use it.

1 week later
#977 5 years ago

7 days from now... Stern has to let us know the status of Kiss ans GB code. I hope GB will arrive this year. And has at least the same amount of new and fixed stuff as Aerosmith had.

#978 5 years ago

Supposedly GB is just bug fixes. Hopefully people are being vocal enough to get them to finish it properly.

#979 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Supposedly GB is just bug fixes. Hopefully people are being vocal enough to get them to finish it properly.

Where did you see that GB was just bug fixes?

#980 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Star Wars Topper should have been done a year ago and Ghostbusters was released two years ago. I don't think people all of a sudden want these things "NOW". I believe people have been waiting on them for a while and the BS vase is full to the rim.

I will however state that their latest releases have been a lot better on code at release starting from Star Wars on and have been consistently getting more frequent updates.

#981 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Where did you see that GB was just bug fixes?

It better not be. Owners are hoping for a large update along the lines of the Aerosmith update. If not that's BS.

#982 5 years ago

If it's just bug fixes why make everyone wait for years?

#983 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

To coincide with a "vault" release like they did with ST, perhaps. Wouldn't really be a vault edition, but just another run.

#984 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That's what happened with ST and the only thing that update appeared to do was reset my scores.

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

That's what happened with ST and the only thing that update appeared to do was reset my scores.

Yeah that one stunk. Didn't bother to fix the right ramp skill shot bug, or the rapid blinking lights on modes that don't time out.

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Didn't bother to fix the right ramp skill shot bug

Hadn't heard of that, please explain.

#987 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

To coincide with a "vault" release like they did with ST, perhaps. Wouldn't really be a vault edition, but just another run.

I am trying to dig up where I saw someone post about it being merely some bug fixes. It was something along the lines of "I talked to such and such at Stern a while back, and they said they were not planning on any major code changes for GB, mainly just fixing bugs."

As for the VE Ghostbusters...GB just had another run made at Stern back in July. It has never officially stopped production, because they are selling the crap out of them. I guess if sales are still strong, maybe they don't feel the need to improve the title?

#988 5 years ago

Expecting to hear KISS is in the testing phase.

Hoping after a stupidly long wait that the final update is worth waiting for.

I will run naked around the garden if the cities do something extra

Seriously, a nice update, polish, new call out's, more balanced song scoring etc will be great.

#989 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Expecting to hear KISS is in the testing phase.
Hoping after a stupidly long wait that the final update is worth waiting for.
I will run naked around the garden if the cities do something extra
Seriously, a nice update, polish, new call out's, more balanced song scoring etc will be great.

I really hope so but I think the October update will mention that the update is being worked on, Nov still being worked on, Dec testing, Jan that work continues, Feb that its nearing release and finally its out in March. Same goes for the Ghostbusters update and its out next summer. I sure hope this doesn't happen but I can see it going that way, lol. Maybe by then the Star Wars topper will be released.

Nearly a year ago Stern said that a final code update for Ghostbusters will be worked on once Star Wars is finished...

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#990 5 years ago

Man you guys study these things like they are the Rosetta Stone!

#991 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

With prices rising like they are, we need to

I am consulting the stone now......

540px-Rosetta_Stone (resized).JPG540px-Rosetta_Stone (resized).JPG
#992 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So weird

#993 5 years ago

Yeah, it's much better to just fork over the $5500 - $9k and not ask for a company to deliver completed code in a timely matter, lol.

#994 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, much better to just fork over the $5500 - $9k and forget about code support, lol.

They just churn these out. Probably Gary's nephew on an internship. They mean almost nothing. There's not enough actual news going on in the entire pinball industry to fill a monthly bulletin with anything of actual substance, much less one company.

And you guys live or die by these things and allow yourselves to be crushed monthly by them.

Has any actual REAL news EVER been broken by a Stern of the Union post?

#995 5 years ago

Game of Thrones and Mustang code updates should come before GB & Kiss. I like to stir the pot while cooking. It help the plot to thicken.

#996 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They just churn these out. They mean almost nothing.
And you guys live or die by these things and allow yourselves to be crushed monthly by them.

Oh I know, when it comes to a Stern game receiving good code support we are basically playing the lottery. I got lucky with Star Wars but not so lucky with Ghostbusters at this point.

#997 5 years ago

Oh wait this is just another code whining thread in disguise?

Got it. Carry on.

#998 5 years ago

Nothing wrong with whining.

If you accept the status quo, nothing will ever change.

Stern have been way better with code as of late, so many more reasons to be hopeful that these updates will be good.

#999 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Hadn't heard of that, please explain.

If the right ramp is your skill shot and you hit it first, it works. But if you hit some other target first, then you hit it, the game doesn't acknowledge the skill shot.

#1000 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, it's much better to just fork over the $5500 - $9k and not ask for a company to deliver completed code in a timely matter, lol.

All my Stern games are updated nice, thanks lol
I vote with my money, not deciphering every little note Stern writes and falling for George's promises over and over and acting like I'm asking for something from them. Vote with your money.
EDIT: I mean it's not topper related so I guess that's progress.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 49.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.