Topic Stats

• 872 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Guinnesstime
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 38 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

lonnie (resized).jpg
2B1F4C92-B351-4D6F-AD58-EE814BCCC43D.gif
2BC392F4-31B9-4DD3-AEAF-AD50B47C4664.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20180405_173413 (resized).jpg
20180405_181159 (resized).jpg
20180405_173418 (resized).jpg
jc (resized).jpg
tt-8l-y7_83c329ce (resized).jpeg
chad (resized).png
20180319_130206 (resized).png
0F066335-E8B9-42C8-A3D3-3EABBAE614C6 (resized).jpeg
code2 (resized).JPG
code (resized).JPG
DEAE7C0E-F9F1-4984-8494-3E34607363A4 (resized).jpeg
20180306_233018 (resized).jpg

There are 872 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.
#851 13 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You never know. My SW & IMDN were updated pretty darn quick. And were always playable.

The air seems to have changed on unfinished code in pinball shipping.

This was one of my truly largest concerns about four years ago. I have watched the manufacturers up thier game on code.

Iron maiden has set a bar. I love pinball and have patience in spades. I am very happy to play what is out now.

But like the way the air has turned on code. I'm a positive guy I just want to say good things. Mostly.

I don't like to focus on the negative, but I will not ignore it.

i like the competition amongst quality releases.

I keep seeing Steve Ritchie on dimpling floating around the Internet. I am totally going to joke him on that when I see him at a show.

I love Steve Ritchie.

Brevity, I don't have it, sorry.

#852 13 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Both games are good but Maiden all the way PW. You dont want to deprive yourself of IMDN, its amazing.

Quoted from Sinestro:

GOTG all the way.

This is why I may buy both lol

#853 13 days ago

Both if it's an option. Nice.

#854 13 days ago

Well the tide has turned if Lonnie is gone... Those titles seem to have suffered the most.

#855 13 days ago

Lonnie? Gone?

I have a GoTG pro with custom metallic blue armor, blades, shooter rod and speaker lites I'd sell to buy a Deadpool pro.....

#856 13 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well the tide has turned if Lonnie is gone... Those titles seem to have suffered the most.

Lonnie is gone, or they have 4 programming leads now? IMO, they need one more programming team than they have design teams to give the programmers time to finish up the code after the game is released. Things feel better now than they had just a few years ago.

#857 13 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Lonnie is gone, or they have 4 programming leads now? IMO, they need one more programming team than they have design teams to give the programmers time to finish up the code after the game is released. Things feel better now than they had just a few years ago.

Poor Lonnie

lonnie (resized).jpg
#858 13 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

This is why I may buy both lol

Definitely play them both before you buy. Both are good but only one is great imo and remember Munsters is coming at the end of the year and Elvira is coming next year.

#859 13 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Poor Lonnie
[quoted image]

eh? That's keith.

#860 13 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Definitely play them both before you buy. Both are good but only one is great imo and remember Munsters is coming at the end of the year and Elvira is coming next year.

Plus the Beatles and Ritchie's unlicensed game.

#861 13 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Lonnie is gone, or they have 4 programming leads now?

Usual Pinside shit; some people say he's gone other's say he's still htere yada yada

#862 13 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

eh? That's keith.

Damn, well I could correct it, but best to leave it unfinished like WOF code

#863 13 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm in the market for a NIB
GOTG or Maiden... or both lol
But I aint buying shit till they deliver on AS
I'd be like one of those women that always take back a cheater if I bought a NIB now.
One day Stern will take us all to the Jerry Springer show & say "I bet you're wondering why I brought you here. Well, I have something to tell you. Remember when I said I was programming, well..."

Come on PW we know know you're a ho ... so get that Maiden now. Design was complete before Stern got it, so it's not like you'd actually be breaking your own rule. This is something Keith did, and it was just for you and code is 97% complete.

..and take a look at the souped up GOTG pro pinlawyer has. You need some new pins in your life bro.

#864 12 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Come on PW we know know you're a ho ... so get that Maiden now. Design was complete before Stern got it, so it's not like you'd actually be breaking your own rule. This is something Keith did, and it was just for you and code is 97% complete.
..and take a look at the souped up GOTG pro pinlawyer has. You need some new pins in your life bro.

Nope. I'm sticking to my guns.

My pinball dollars are deep in development, stay tuned.

See what I did there? It's a PW79 of the union address.

In my own mind I'm really funny.

#865 12 days ago

PW79 is it taking longer than you anticipate for your interest to develop. You going to release your dollars at the end of next month? Next PW79 of the Union September 4 or 11th because of the holiday.

#866 8 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Damn, well I could correct it, but best to leave it unfinished like WOF code

I personally asked Lyman about the WOF code back at the MGC show last spring (also listed as a code contributor). He responded that he did not participate in that code and was frustrated that people thought he did and keep asking him about it. He said that he thought it all came about from a picture being taken of Keith and him in front of a WOF promotional poster and people probably jumped to that conclusion. He said Keith was the programmer and years ago Stern wanted to pay him to finish the code. Of course Keith moved on, and according to a post from Keith several years ago, Stern had his code and could finish it ... but they never did. Gary Stern hates this pin (according to another poster in the WOF thread), so they will likely never revisit the code to complete it.

#867 8 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I personally asked Lonnie about the WOF code back at the MGC show last spring. He responded that he did not participate in that code and was frustrated that people thought he did and keep asking him about it. He said that he thought it all came about from a picture being taken of Keith and him in front of a WOF promotional poster and people probably jumped to that conclusion. He said Keith was the programmer and years ago Stern wanted to pay him to finish the code. Of course Keith moved on, and according to a post from Keith several years ago, Stern had his code and could finish it ... but they never did. Stern hates this pin (according to another poster in the WOF thread), so they will likely never revisit the code to complete it.

Corrected to Lyman.

#868 8 days ago

Sorry I corrected my post in that I had asked Lyman about the WOF code that he is also listed as being an author of.

#869 8 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Of course Keith moved on, and according to a post from Keith several years ago, Stern had his code and could finish it ... but they never did. Gary Stern hates this pin (according to another poster in the WOF thread), so they will likely never revisit the code to complete it.

Pfft. The way Stern treated Keith back then, I don't blame him. And Gary did the license for the machine. He shouldn't license things he doesn't like. They did the best version of Pinball WoF, but it's still not a great pin because some themes shouldn't be pins.

#870 7 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Pfft. The way Stern treated Keith back then, I don't blame him. And Gary did the license for the machine. He shouldn't license things he doesn't like. They did the best version of Pinball WoF, but it's still not a great pin because some themes shouldn't be pins.

I dunno...I have to disagree. I like the theme.

Of course, I'm an old guy who lives in America. No one outside of the U.S. knew or cared about the T.V. show and no one under 40 here liked the theme. It was doomed from the start. It was the third theme for the layout and at that point I think they just wanted to get it out the door. They were blowing them out at insanely cheap prices toward the end.

I love mine and it's gonna be one of the last pins I ever sell.

Quoted from KingBW:

Gary Stern hates this pin (according to another poster in the WOF thread), so they will likely never revisit the code

That was me. Gary's mood did a 180 when I mentioned how much I loved Wheel. WOF and Playboy are Gary's least favorite Stern pins.

#871 7 days ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I dunno...I have to disagree. I like the theme.
Of course, I'm an old guy who lives in America. No one outside of the U.S. knew or cared about the T.V. show and no one under 40 here liked the theme. It was doomed from the start. It was the third theme for the layout and at that point I think they just wanted to get it out the door. They were blowing them out at insanely cheap prices toward the end.
I love mine and it's gonna be one of the last pins I ever sell.

I wasn't big on the theme, but I kind of liked the game straight out of the box (I had a NIB when they were cheap) because of the EM-style chime sounds - then they gimped them and made it sound a whole lot less like an EM. Also, the poor attempts at moron voices (I think it was "keith's" character?) got grating after a while. I will say that with the flipper gap set up like it was and the outlanes, it changed my play enough that I couldn't mix it up with other pins because I found myself doing things that worked in WoF but were bad on virtually any other pins.

How about we make some "Justice for WoF" T-shirts and wear them to shows where Gary will be. It's a longshot, but if Stern still has the code, let an apprentice look at it and at least zip up the obvious stuff.

#872 7 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

I wasn't big on the theme, but I kind of liked the game straight out of the box (I had a NIB when they were cheap) because of the EM-style chime sounds - then they gimped them and made it sound a whole lot less like an EM. Also, the poor attempts at moron voices (I think it was "keith's" character?) got grating after a while. I will say that with the flipper gap set up like it was and the outlanes, it changed my play enough that I couldn't mix it up with other pins because I found myself doing things that worked in WoF but were bad on virtually any other pins.
How about we make some "Justice for WoF" T-shirts and wear them to shows where Gary will be. It's a longshot, but if Stern still has the code, let an apprentice look at it and at least zip up the obvious stuff.

I really liked WoF when I had it. I liked the uniqueness, but you're right. Play on WoF is so different, you need to play that, and nothing else or your tendencies get all messed up.

The whole family misses it. Great family pin. Non-pinheads don't care at all that the layout is different.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 5,599.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 65.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
There are 872 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside