FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg

There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 33.
#751 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

They JUST updated Star Wars 2 days ago and GotG 5 days ago!

Seems like some people would rather they HOLD BACK software releases to drop WITH the Stern of the Union. So there is some sort of exciting announcement.

Software released 2 days and 5 days prior seem to have no value.

Definitely a tough crowd.

#752 5 years ago

Clearly this man has sinned.

#753 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Sounds like the very definition of a hater to me.

This man has sinned.

#754 5 years ago

Borg is my father.

#755 5 years ago

I don’t understand why everyone is upset. Not everyone has to like every game from every designer.

I love my Ghostbusters. THE GAME everyone is shouting at.

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I don’t understand why everyone is upset. Not everyone has to like every game from every designer.
I love my Ghostbusters. THE GAME everyone is shouting at.

I love KISS so much I sold my pro and bought an LE!

But, I can see how much better it could be with the final polish so just glad it is 100% happening.

#757 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I love KISS so much I sold my pro and bought an LE!
But, I can see how much better it could be with the final polish so just glad it is 100% happening.

Yeah i played kiss Le two weeks ago. Some inserts are unused. And the City’s don’t do anything. So code will definitely change the game.

I’m not that familiar with kiss so I don’t know the specific differences between the pro and Prem/Le. But you seem to like them.

I could’ve got GB Prem. But I didn’t like the Magma-slings. So i choose the pro. And I didn’t regret it. Still happy with it one year later. Code is good, but I can’t wait to see a new update with all those bugs cleared out Still hyped to see Color-DMD soon.

#758 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

But I didn’t like the Magma-slings.

2B1F4C92-B351-4D6F-AD58-EE814BCCC43D.gif2B1F4C92-B351-4D6F-AD58-EE814BCCC43D.gif
#759 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Yeah i played kiss Le two weeks ago. Some inserts are unused. And the City’s don’t do anything. So code will definitely change the game.

Wrong. Choosing a city changes the callouts. That's all they were meant to do. People (including me) would like them to do more, but they DO something now. It sounds like you played the game a few times and aren't really in a position to evaluate the completion level of the code (hint: it's nearly complete and has been for a long time).

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It sounds like you played the game a few times and aren't really in a position to evaluate the completion level of the code (hint: it's nearly complete and has been for a long time).

I played the game on location. It was to loud to hear something. Everyone feels different about the status code. Don’t take every word to serious. And don’t be rude if someone has a different opinion. I’m not a really good player, so im not always able to get trough every mode. It’s a hobby it should be fun for every one.

#761 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I played the game on location. It was to loud to hear something. Everyone feels different about the status code. Don’t take every word to serious. And don’t be rude if someone has a different opinion. I’m not a really good player, so im not always able to get trough every mode. It’s a hobby it should be fun for every one.

If you're not a good enough player to evaluate the code by seeing all (or even most of) the modes, then saying the code is "beta" is a little ridiculous. That's all I'm saying. KISS code is not anywhere close to beta. You are wrong. It's not rude to point that out.

#762 5 years ago

Beta might have been the wrong word then. Im not a god in terms of English language.

#763 5 years ago

Borg has gotten better for sure but it would be hard not to with that many titles.

#764 5 years ago

GB code update has been pushed out way too many times. Who's to say Stern won't continue to put it on the back burner as new games are released? Everybody who bought one should be compensated for the delay.

#765 5 years ago

I see people desperate for Kiss updates, but no one ever goes into detail. What specifically is missing from the game? What needs to be changed? The only thing I’m aware of is the Deuce bug where it gives you credit for unlit shots.

I’d love to hear some details from someone who owns the game as to where the code comes up short, and what it would take to make it acceptable.

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I see people desperate for Kiss updates, but no one ever goes into detail. What specifically is missing from the game? What needs to be changed? The only thing I’m aware of is the Deuce bug where it gives you credit for unlit shots.
I’d love to hear some details from someone who owns the game as to where the code comes up short, and what it would take to make it acceptable.

There are quite a few bugs (15, plus some issues that aren't bugs but should be addressed) in the KISS bug thread for 1.30:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-130-bugs-and-wishlist

The Deuce bug you mentioned, the one where you can play a different song than the game says you're playing (and earning the shots for) - which also carried forward to Aerosmith when they copied the code. They also have those big KISS round inserts mid-PF that aren't used so far. It also doesn't have a real Skill Shot, which is crazy.

My biggest gripe is Rock City final Wizard mode is super bare-bones. Nothing special about it at all, and it's not easy to get to. Feels like a KISS Army Multiball Part II. That boring. It needs a serious amount of attention, but honestly most people haven't even SEEN the mode yet, so complaining about for most is silly.

But even if it never got a code update (and I hope the final one is SUBSTANTIAL) it would still be a fine game as-is. It is WAY more balanced than Aerosmith, which is essentially a close cousin based on the same code and layout. I'd be more pissed about the lack of updates to Aerosmith which needs them much more critically.

#767 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There are quite a few bugs (15, plus some issues that aren't bugs but should be addressed) in the KISS bug thread for 1.30:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-130-bugs-and-wishlist
The Deuce bug you mentioned, the one where you can play a different song than the game says you're playing (and earning the shots for) - which also carried forward to Aerosmith when they copied the code. They also have those big KISS round inserts mid-PF that aren't used so far. It also doesn't have a real Skill Shot, which is crazy.
My biggest gripe is Rock City final Wizard mode is super bare-bones. Nothing special about it at all, and it's not easy to get to. Feels like a KISS Army Multiball Part II. That boring. It needs a serious amount of attention, but honestly most people haven't even SEEN the mode yet, so complaining about for most is silly.
But even if it never got a code update (and I hope the final one is SUBSTANTIAL) it would still be a fine game as-is. It is WAY more balanced than Aerosmith, which is essentially a close cousin based on the same code and layout. I'd be more pissed about the lack of updates to Aerosmith which needs them much more critically.

So true

#768 5 years ago

Bottom line, don't buy Lonnie coded games. I only bought ASLE because it was a cut and paste of KISS and i figured updates were coming sooner than later, but no.

And GBLE, while i love the pin its in need of a big update that uses all of the features that are in the game in a way that screams Lyman.

But i doubt we will get anything significant. They just don't give a F like Lyman does.

I've only got the Beatles left on the radar and i know Lyman ain't doing that code. Might be my last Stern.

You can't keep upping the F ing price and offer less on code. Code makes the game, see BM66, TWD, SM, etc.

#769 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've only got the Beatles left on the radar

What about The Munsters and Elvira 3?

#770 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What about The Munsters and Elvira 3?

No on Elvira3 and unfortunately it looks like Lonnie is doing Munsters.

Seriously, you can't pay a shit load of $$$ on these HUO games and accept that BS.

Just come out and say this is a "location game only" and code will suck because it doesn't matter.

Stern, if you want to keep selling these 1/2 ass HUO coded pins then be prepared to suffer the consequences down the road.

We aren't F ing idiots. IMDN was done long ago and its great.

But there are plenty of people like me that have had it.

Let me know when Lyman is doing the next game, that's what I'd like to see.

#771 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Seriously, you can't pay a shit load of $$$ on these HUO games and accept that BS.
Just come out and say this is a "location game only" and code will suck because it doesn't matter.
Stern, if you want to keep selling these 1/2 ass HUO coded pins then be prepared to suffer the consequences down the road.

Ugh

#772 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How do you guys even know that Lonnie is still working for Stern? I think he is done.

#773 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How do you guys even know that Lonnie is still working for Stern? I think he is done.

Let us hope so, should have happened a long time ago.

#774 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Can someone confirm this?

He’s a MAJOR negative

#775 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He’s a MAJOR negative

It's just as simple as if he is the lead I will not buy the game.

#776 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's just as simple as if he is the lead I will not buy the game.

Amen brother Law

Guy just doesn’t give a shit

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I am Wondering if Lyman is just going to be doing KaPow titles for now on.

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I am Wondering if Lyman is just going to be doing KaPow titles for now on.

Well Joe said he wasn’t on the Beatles!

Another team is working on that pin

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

JB is very good on a rushed schedule. GOTG I did not like. With more designers and more time, I am hopeful JB crushes the next one.

GOTG uses the Metallica layout, which is a winner, so you comment on JB being rushed makes no sense.

#780 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bottom line, don't buy Lonnie coded games.

Well, since Lonnie isn't driving GOTG anymore, you shouldn't have any reason not to buy it!

#781 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Well, since Lonnie isn't driving GOTG anymore, you shouldn't have any reason not to buy it!

Who is?

#782 5 years ago

His name is slipping my mind, but he's new, and he's driving the rules from .90 forward.

#783 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bottom line, don't buy Lonnie coded games. I only bought ASLE because it was a cut and paste of KISS and i figured updates were coming sooner than later, but no.
And GBLE, while i love the pin its in need of a big update that uses all of the features that are in the game in a way that screams Lyman.
But i doubt we will get anything significant. They just don't give a F like Lyman does.
I've only got the Beatles left on the radar and i know Lyman ain't doing that code. Might be my last Stern.
You can't keep upping the F ing price and offer less on code. Code makes the game, see BM66, TWD, SM, etc.

Brian Eddy has a nice portfolio as well.

#784 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

His name is slipping my mind, but he's new, and he's driving the rules from .90 forward.

I’m hopeful. Stern is set to roll

I’ll take anything new

#785 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m hopeful. Stern is set to roll
I’ll take anything new

1. Lonnie has been off GOTG for quite some time.
2. Stern has hired a ton of programmers lately.
3. Keith Elwin said that some of the "9 to 5 ers" had left Stern recently during the Head 2 Head interview. Pretty sure he wasn't referring to the janitor.

#786 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

3. Keith Elwin said that some of the "9 to 5 ers" had left Stern recently during the Head 2 Head interview. Pretty sure he wasn't referring to the janitor.

That’s music to my ears

Joe K seemed happy with his code crew

It’s a HUGE f ing deal to get right

#787 5 years ago

So did Stern add programmers or replace programmers?

As a Stern fanboy that bitches about Stern I need to know

#788 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

So, as vireland says, the cities do something, although it would be better they did more. Doubt this will happen.

It needs polish in that there are places where there are just no callouts i.e Kiss Army - needs jackpot call outs.

Animations could be made sharper and there are a ton of unused callouts, so adding more would be great.

Champion awards for Kiss Army, Heavens on Fire, Rock City, Love Gun, Demon.

I think the game would be more fun if the song multiplier default setting was 1 song, instead of 2. This can be adjusted though. At the moment only a very decent tournament player is going to get the Colossal bonus ( 10x ).

There is a separate thread on the various bugs.

And yes Rock City is unfinished...... and super hard to get to. 12 instruments is super hard for default.

Songs could be a bit more balanced in that it always makes sense to start with Deuce or Lick it Up. Give some incentives to start with other songs by making them higher scoring. Black Diamond doesn't get played a lot.

Yes, the game is super fun to play now but with polish, this game could be so much better

#789 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, as vireland says, the cities do something, although it would be better they did more. Doubt this will happen.
It needs polish in that there are places where there are just no callouts i.e Kiss Army - needs jackpot call outs.
Animations could be made sharper and there are a ton of unused callouts, so adding more would be great.
Champion awards for Kiss Army, Heavens on Fire, Rock City, Love Gun, Demon.
I think the game would be more fun if the song multiplier default setting was 1 song, instead of 2. This can be adjusted though. At the moment only a very decent tournament player is going to get the Colossal bonus ( 10x ).
There is a separate thread on the various bugs.
And yes Rock City is unfinished...... and super hard to get to. 12 instruments is super hard for default.
Songs could be a bit more balanced in that it always makes sense to start with Deuce or Lick it Up. Give some incentives to start with other songs by making them higher scoring. Black Diamond doesn't get played a lot.
Yes, the game is super fun to play now but with polish, this game could be so much better

I was just thinking today that Rime of the Ancient Mariner is Iron Maiden's Black Diamond because they're both the hardest modes. NO ONE picks Black Diamond to play until late in the game because it's so hard. I use the glitch to select Black Diamond music with Deuce objectives.

#790 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Define quite some time... When Dead_Flip streamed GOTG about 3 weeks ago it was stated that Lonnie was still the lead programmer on the game. So when did this supposedly change again?

https://clips.twitch.tv/WildEndearingTitanNotATK

#791 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Define quite some time... When Dead_Flip streamed GOTG about 3 weeks ago it was stated that Lonnie was still the lead programmer on the game. So when did this supposedly change again?

I'm not sure Lonnie isn't programming the game anymore. He probably is. However, the new guy is running the rules now, which was obvious in the .90 and newer updates.

#792 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I was making deductions based on statements made by Stern employees and asking questions. You know that Lonnie is still with Stern? I am looking or someone to confirm or not that he is still there.

#793 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I was making deductions based on statements made by Stern employees and asking questions. You know that Lonnie is still with Stern? I am looking or someone to confirm or not that he is still there.

According to that clip he was there as of 3 weeks ago. It didn't look like you were asking questions to me, but rather making a statement that he was no longer on GOTG. I'm referring to bullet point number 1.

If he isn't there it has been very recent, code 1.01 was out when that statement was made.

Quoted from kermit24:

#794 5 years ago

Any issues with starwars new code????

1 week later
#795 5 years ago

Lonnie is on the Beatles per rumor mill and is finishing up Aerosmith and Kiss.

#796 5 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Any issues with starwars new code????

Nope, it's awesome. Some of Dwight's best work.

#797 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Nope, it's awesome. Some of Dwight's best work.

It wasn't really an update. They just updated to System-2.04. No bug fixes nothing new. So I think they just finalized the game.

1 week later
#798 5 years ago

Why does Tuesday have to fall on the 31st?

I can’t wait until Aug 7th to hear “Aerosmith is deep in development”

I need to start my griping tomorrow, not a week later.

They just need to consider tomorrow the 1st Tuesday of August despite being the last day of July.

#799 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Why does Tuesday have to fall on the 31st?
I can’t wait until Aug 7th to hear “Aerosmith is deep in development”
I need to start my griping tomorrow, not a week later.
They just need to consider tomorrow the 1st Tuesday of August despite being the last day of July.

I hear ya and agree. Been a pretty darn quiet summer for Stern despite all the talent they brought onboard to help with this stuff.

August is upon us and no Star Wars topper, no new announcements regarding next title, no AS code update even though it was late in development months ago and no GB update.

#800 5 years ago

Let’s get an update on a maiden topper too!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/16?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.