FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 33.
#701 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

TSPP VE would be interesting.

That would either be the beginning of VELEs or be so stripped down it would cause a riot here

#702 5 years ago

with the new Star Trek code completion I wonder if they will make a KISS VE so they can finish the KISS code lol

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

More
Of course they could make a profit, but why would they do it if they can make a much bigger profit on something else? Same goes for the rest of their lineup. They could make a profit adding more to all their games, but they'd make less and what they produce now sells.

Because I think there is an finite number of titles that could be released/vaulted, TSPP is one of those titles that I think would do well as a VE as it’s often seen on here in posts along with TRON as a VE that is wanted.

#704 5 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

with the new Star Trek code completion I wonder if they will make a KISS VE so they can finish the KISS code lol

The Kiss code is coming along with GB & AS. Plus there’s no need to Vault Kiss, if what people say is true there are lot of distributors who still have Kiss stock.

#705 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The Kiss code is coming along with GB & AS. Plus there’s no need to Vault Kiss, if what people say is true there are lot of distributors who still have Kiss stock.

Notice the LOL which means it's a joke

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Notice the LOL which means it's a joke

people on the internet dont know how talking on the internet works, go figure

#707 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I've been told twice now that GoT VE (legit VE with changes) is being looked at.
I've also been repeatedly told that TSPP VE will happen, but I highly doubt that due to BoM cost ... so make of it what you will.

not just Bom cost but licensing cost will make it hard.

#708 5 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

not just Bom cost but licensing cost will make it hard.

It's probably cheaper now than in 2003. The Simpsons have been in decline in the ratings for years.

2 weeks later
#709 5 years ago

double post

#710 5 years ago

Now that it seems like code updates are coming along more quickly (with exception to Kiss & GB) I would love Stern to give insight into the Spike 2 issues. I’m guessing not much info has been released because they are still chasing their tail trying to sort it all out. I’d love to get an IMDN I just don’t want to deal with the issues.

#711 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Now that it seems like code updates are coming along more quickly (with exception to Kiss & GB) I would love Stern to give insight into the Spike 2 issues. I’m guessing not much info has been released because they are still chasing their tail trying to sort it all out. I’d love to get an IMDN I just don’t want to deal with the issues.

Which issues are you concerned about? I have a GB and SW and both have been great. I wouldn't let the platform stop you from getting a game you like.

#712 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

3 years later? I don't think so. The issues are Spike generally, not just Spike 2.

It is what it is, and the pricing is obviously deliberate.

#713 5 years ago

At this rate, we will have a vault kiss as new code will come on it :-p

1 week later
#714 5 years ago

So, we are in Summer now - AS and KISS coming soon?!

May find out more today.

#715 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, we are in Summer now - AS and KISS coming soon?!
May find out more today.

Oh, Stern didn't mean this summer for GB, AS, and KISS code. One summer we will get these. Just joking, lol. Hopefully we will hear something tomorrow about code being actively worked on for these games. Looking forward to new GB code.

#716 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh, Stern didn't mean this summer for GB, AS, and KISS code. One summer we will get these. Just joking, lol. Hopefully we will hear something tomorrow about code being actively worked on for these games. Looking forward to new GB code.

Why tomorrow? First Tuesday of the month? !

#717 5 years ago

Why tomorrow? First Tuesday of the month? !

Yeah, typically Stern releases their monthly update the first Tuesday of the month. Tomorrow is a holiday though so who knows if we will get an update today or not.

#718 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, typically Stern releases their monthly update the first Tuesday of the month. Tomorrow is a holiday though so who knows if we will get an update today or not.

I hope the Stern guys have something better to do with their 4th than put out an update everybody here is gonna shit on anyway.

#719 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think if it is a holiday week, Stern does the following week but I might be wrong.

#720 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think if it is a holiday week, Stern does the following week but I might be wrong.

I believe that was when it's a Tuesday after a holiday...like Memorial day or Labor Day.

This situation hasn't come up yet since they started doing SOTU. We'll find out.

#721 5 years ago

It's due and expected today. Holiday after first Tues has nothing to do with it on this one.

#722 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I believe that was when it's a Tuesday after a holiday...like Memorial day or Labor Day.
This situation hasn't come up yet since they started doing SOTU. We'll find out.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It's due and expected today. Holiday after first Tues has nothing to do with it on this one.

I’ll give them a pass for a week. Code updates have been good lately and Kiss, Aerosmith and GB should be coming by the end of the summer.

Now the Star Wars Topper, that is a different story.

#723 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I don’t know may people who are working a full day today.

But “due and expected” is a strong argument.

#724 5 years ago

A lot of times, Stern will post a code update the day before a holiday.

If they post a code update today, I'll bet we'll see a SOTU as well.

#725 5 years ago

Not much for July. They left off Star Wars and GotG.

-Batman ’66 – We are still working towards our next release later this summer.
-Aerosmith updates are deep in development and still slated for a mid-Summer release. KISS will follow Aerosmith’s updates, followed by Ghostbusters

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Not much for July. They left off Star Wars and GotG.

They JUST updated Star Wars 2 days ago and GotG 5 days ago!

#727 5 years ago

Well this sucks.

Star Wars is done, everyone knew that by looking at the last patch notes.
But what about GOTG. It cant be done by now. The Prem/LE color GI still remains unused in the latest code.

The worst part of the update "Aerosmith ... still slated for mid-Summer" are they having trouble with it? Then Kiss aaaaaand then Ghostbusters. So it looks like we won't see GB before the end of winter...

I still don't understand the logic behind their release schedule. Shouldn't the oldest game get the first update? Kiss>Ghostbusters>Aerosmith. Makes more sense in my opinion.

#728 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Well this sucks.
But what about GOTG. It cant be done by now. The Prem/LE color GI still remains unused in the latest code.
The worst part of the update "Aerosmith ... still slated for mid-Summer" are they having trouble with it? Then Kiss aaaaaand then Ghostbusters. So it looks like we won't see GB before the end of winter...
I still don't understand the logic behind their release schedule. Shouldn't the oldest game get the first update? Kiss>Ghostbusters>Aerosmith. Makes more sense in my opinion.

It said Aerosmith is deep in development which I interpret as almost done and it better be good because the game has had zero updates since release.

GB should be next in my opinion.

#729 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I agree except Kiss has had a lot of updates already - more than most games really.
Aerosmith and GB haven't gotten anywhere near the attention Kiss has.

#730 5 years ago

The biggest news of them all though...the Star Wars topper is coming soon!

"The Star Wars topper is in the final phase of production development and approvals. We’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available."

Yeah, Ghostbusters should be receiving its updates earlier. It's an in production game, is fairly popular and for such a great theme / license its a shame how Stern has thus far supported its code.

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I agree except Kiss has had a lot of updates already - more than most games really.
Aerosmith and GB haven't gotten anywhere near the attention Kiss has.

I don't even care about Kiss, but I feel bad for the owners of it. Because I know how it feels if one of your beloved games simply plays like beta due to the lack of complete code. Ghostbusters is one of my favorites, but out of all my games it is the worst in terms of code.
Stern now has 5 or 6 code people hired. Everyone of them should finish up his dedicaded project(game) before starting with a new game. So there is no chance of missing something and creating long waits and frustrated owners

#732 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I don't even care about Kiss, but I feel bad for the owners of it. Because I know how it feels if one of your beloved games simply plays like beta due to the lack of complete code. Ghostbusters is one of my favorites, but out of all my games it is the worst in terms of code.
Stern now has 5 or 6 code people hired. Everyone of them should finish up his dedicaded project(game) before starting with a new game. So there is no chance of missing something and creating long waits and frustrated owners

KISS is a great game as it is.

But, it does need a lot of polish.

I am reasonably happy in that AS and KISS have the same base code, so the KISS update should benefit from the AS update.

And they have now said it is after AS, so not long to wait. I would be very disappointed if it's not a decent update after all this time though.

#733 5 years ago

The day they finish Aerosmith I'm buying another incomplete NIB Stern within seconds.

That way I can continue complaining about code.

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Well this sucks.

Complaining about the schedule of code releases is a relatively new problem to have.

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I don't even care about Kiss, but I feel bad for the owners of it. Because I know how it feels if one of your beloved games simply plays like beta due to the lack of complete code.

You clearly never had a game that played like a beta like Batman'66, GotG, or X-Men. The first two weren't EVEN Beta level.

KISS isn't anywhere close to a beta. It plays fine. Fix the bugs, polish the game, make Rock City wizard mode not so bare-bones and it will be fine.

#736 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The day they finish Aerosmith I'm buying another incomplete NIB Stern within seconds.
That way I can continue complaining about code.

Just buy a wof

#737 5 years ago

KISS is a great game as it is.
But, it does need a lot of polish.
I am reasonably happy in that AS and KISS have the same base code, so the KISS update should benefit from the AS update.
And they have now said it is after AS, so not long to wait. I would be very disappointed if it's not a decent update after all this time though.

Hopefully they fix the KISS bugs Aerosmith inherited.

#738 5 years ago

Any ideas about the substance of these code updates? Basically tweaks, or will there be something totally new or major changes? I personally feel that with it's more unique playfield, GB may have the most potential to exploit.

#741 5 years ago

I got the same “Page not found” message... but a few refreshes brought it up. Might be a problem with their web-server. Probably needs a code update

#742 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I got the same “Page not found” message... but a few refreshes brought it up. Might be a problem with their web-server. Probably needs a code update

They heard you and fixed it.

#743 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You clearly never had a game that played like a beta like Batman'66, GotG.

You are wrong. I played both, GOTG didn't feel beta to me at any point it. I don't like the playfield layout though.
But Batman did feel very poor. I startet playing it with 0.69. Its incredible to see, how code can affect the gameplay. And make the game feel completely different(new) And we are just at 0.92. So there is a lot more to come.

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

You are wrong. I played both, GOTG didn't feel beta to me at any point it. I don't like the playfield layout though.
But Batman did feel very poor. I startet playing it with 0.69. Its incredible to see, how code can affect the gameplay. And make the game feel completely different(new) And we are just at 0.92. So there is a lot more to come.

Then you are extremely forgiving. The initial release of GotG was a light and sound box, and that's about it. It was BARELY a beta, and the few clips it had were overused and Cherry Bomb music got old really fast. Better than the initial release of Batman'66 (and the first 6 months after that), but only just.

The POINT is, KISS is nowhere NEAR any of those pins, so anyone calling the code beta is a moron or a hater.

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The POINT is, KISS is nowhere NEAR any of those pins, so anyone calling the code beta is a moron or a hater.

Well I didn’t care much about GOTG because. I don’t like Borg games at all.

I just said I feel bad for Kiss owners for not having decent Kiss code three years after release. I’m not a hater or owner

#746 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I just said I feel bad for Kiss owners for not having decent Kiss code three years after release. I’m not a hater or owner

Damn man you dont like John Borg as a designer, are you serious? He is awesome! Kiss is a good game i think. Im not saying the code is perfect but it’s definitely pretty good.

#747 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I’m not a hater or owner

Thank you for letting us know that your opinion means nothing in this thread.

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Damn man you dont like John Borg as a designer, are you serious? He is awesome! Kiss is a good game i think. Im not saying the code is perfect but it’s definitely pretty good.

JB is very good on a rushed schedule. GOTG I did not like. With more designers and more time, I am hopeful JB crushes the next one.

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I don’t like Borg games at all.

2BC392F4-31B9-4DD3-AEAF-AD50B47C4664.gif2BC392F4-31B9-4DD3-AEAF-AD50B47C4664.gif
#750 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I don’t like Borg games at all.

Quoted from Midway-Man:

I’m not a hater

Sounds like the very definition of a hater to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/15?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.