FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg

There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 33.
#651 5 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I know most assume SW is pretty much "done", but I'm still hoping for a little more meat on the bone with the next update. There are several fairly straightforward suggestions for fine tuning the SW experience that folks have made on a recurring basis -- so it shouldn't be hard for Stern to figure out the tweaking/fixes that people want to see occur. Just a little bit of improvement could move this game from a B+ to an A.

I'm guessing they'll tweak Light Sabre Duel skipability since that's a very common complaint and should be super-easy to adjust. But otherwise I'm thinking minor tweaks/bug-fixes in this release, not adding another mode to replace the 2x asteroid field (as cool as that would be).

#652 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm guessing they'll tweak Light Sabre Duel skipability since that's a very common complaint and should be super-easy to adjust.

I hope they don't. People in 2018 need to be held accountable for their actions when knocking down Drop Targets.

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Curious as to why Stern haven picked MGC over one of the other shows. Apart from Expo, is this considered a “Home” show for Stern?

I think it's the one that fits their timeline. Remember.. they build and sell first.. promote second.

#654 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think it's the one that fits their timeline. Remember.. they build and sell first.. promote second.

And finish code third.....

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And finish code third.....

That’s 2017 Lyman and Lonnie Stern. Now the calvery has arrived!

#656 5 years ago

Stopped by the Coin Taker / Stern booth today at PAX East in Boston. It was nice to meet Melissa after talking to her about buying games over the years. They gave me a free Stern pinball t-shirt which was very nice. Games setup included Star Wars, ACDC, GOTG, Spiderman home edition and Ghostbusters. Great to see Stern spreading pinball to more people.20180405_173418 (resized).jpg20180405_173418 (resized).jpg
20180405_181159 (resized).jpg20180405_181159 (resized).jpg
20180405_173413 (resized).jpg20180405_173413 (resized).jpg

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

... Games setup included Star Wars...

Tell that rookie to turn his multipliers on!

3 weeks later
#658 5 years ago

Another let down... Same copy and paste as always...

Status of Code:

We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:

Star Wars – We are in the final phase of testing the latest code and while we weren’t able to release it by end of last month as we hoped, we aim to release it very soon.

Guardians of the Galaxy – We hope you have been enjoying all of the revamped and substjantial code updates released last month! We are continually working to make this game even more fun as we get closer to 1.0.

Batman ’66 – Another great update was released last month and we are working towards another update later this month!

With the added resources to our software department, we continue to address updates, enhancements, and bug fixes while adding various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, and KISS. We expect these code updates to start releasing by mid-Summer.

Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time.

The whole article http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-may-2018

#659 5 years ago

Wit you mean they didn't get the SW code 9ut when they said they would?!?!
Shocker

#660 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wit you mean they didn't get the SW code 9ut when they said they would?!?!
Shocker

I don’t care about SW...

I’m waiting for GB. And GOT. At least GB is mentioned in their list. But what about GOT...

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:
Star Wars – We are in the final phase of testing the latest code and while we weren’t able to release it by end of last month as we hoped, we aim to release it very soon.
Guardians of the Galaxy – We hope you have been enjoying all of the revamped and substjantial code updates released last month! We are continually working to make this game even more fun as we get closer to 1.0.
Batman ’66 – Another great update was released last month and we are working towards another update later this month!
With the added resources to our software department, we continue to address updates, enhancements, and bug fixes while adding various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, and KISS. We expect these code updates to start releasing by mid-Summer.
Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time.
The whole article http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-may-2018

It's what I was expecting. 3 games are getting love, and 3 games get updates this summer. We all knew this already. No reason to be let down.

#662 5 years ago

So... stern would not tell us their intentions on code in the past.... now they do, and you all still bitch?

You really think that will get you to a better place?

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I don’t care about SW...
I’m waiting for GB. And GOT. At least GB is mentioned in their list. But what about GOT...

They haven't acknowledged that GOT is getting an update, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

This doesn't appear to be cut and pasted to me, they updated the info on the releases they promised last month.

Or are you saying you wanted changes to the "catalog of previous titles" section? Simply re-wording that section wouldn't do much for you, they told you you were going to have to wait until at least mid-Summer for a GB update, and it looks like you're still going to have to wait until mid-Summer. Just like they said last month. Would you prefer they not say anything at all about updating older games until the month they intend to release code?

#665 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Status of Code:

Seems fine to me. They provided updates to code status of their newest games and GB, KISS and AS are still on track for summer updates. Sounds good, better then not hearing anything for months like before, lol.

#666 5 years ago

+100 unfortunately it looks liek they'll maybe consider it with new season in 2019 at this rate....

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So... stern would not tell us their intentions on code in the past.... now they do, and you all still bitch?

Yes, because their updates are usually something to the effect of "we're still working on it, stay tuned!" which is no better than silence. Sure they are saying SOMETHING, but they are stringing people along for many months with nothing to show for it other than broken promises in many cases.

#668 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yes, because their updates are usually something to the effect of "we're still working on it, stay tuned!" which is no better than silence.

I find it better than silence, TYVM.

#669 5 years ago

The Star Wars shooter knob accessory is now in stock and available for sale.

How come nobody has it listed anywhere or a picture? Can't even see it on their website. Why don't they want to sell accessories for SW?

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Status of Code:

All will be forgiven and forgotten IF the updates are good!

#671 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

And GOT. But what about GOT...

Ya, GOT!

"The North...err Pinside remembers!"

#672 5 years ago

I hope GOT gets love someday; so many bugs. Anyone up for 10+ bil in less than 10 mins? Or in this case 30 bil

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I hope GOT gets love someday; so many bugs. Anyone up for 10+ bil in less than 10 mins? Or in this case 30 bil
.» YouTube video

That is amazing he is playing one hand with a baby in his arms. ColorDMD sure looks amazing in GOT

#674 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

+100 unfortunately it looks liek they'll maybe consider it with new season in 2019 at this rate....

I was told a while ago that it's under consideration for a vault edition in future.

But I have a hard time imagining that it would sell unless all the art was scrapped and redone ... and if they're going that far, they might as well remake the whole thing on Spike 2 with new media, toys etc. So I'm a bit sceptical.

#675 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

.» YouTube video

SW is the first recent Dwight game that isn't - after a flurry of updates - terribly buggy.

ST is, GoT is, GB is ... and all got abandoned before being polished / finished.

ST is promised, but no word in the last nearly 2 years. GoT nothing said. GB is soon(TM).

1 month later
#676 5 years ago

Today's the day for the June update, nothing yet.

#677 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Today's the day for the June update, nothing yet.

KISS, KISS, KISS

#678 5 years ago

Lunchtime in Chicago

#679 5 years ago

Posted...not much this month.

http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-june-2018

Status of Code:

Guardians of the Galaxy – In case you missed it, we released version 1.01.0 code late last month and hope you’ve been enjoying it! We plan on having a live stream with the game team later this month so stay tuned.
Batman ’66 – We had another great code update released last week and are working towards our next release later this summer.
Iron Maiden – Be on the lookout for 1.0 code this month.
Star Trek – We’ve done a bug fix update that will coincide with our recently announced vault release. This code update will work on all Star Trek models.
With the added resources to our software department, we continue to address updates, enhancements, and bug fixes while adding various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, and KISS. We expect these code updates to start releasing by mid-Summer, starting with Aerosmith first.
If you would like to join our mailing list for all code updates for any of our games, please send an e-mail to [email protected] to sign up.

Accessories:

Celebrate the latest Guardians of the Galaxy code release with the full line of accessories now available. We also have the Star Wars shooter knob accessory in stock, and will make a formal announcement once the topper is available. All Stern Pinball accessories are available to purchase from your local retailer - http://www.sternpinball.com/find-a-retailer

#680 5 years ago

Oh sweeeet shooter knobs

#681 5 years ago

That's what we have all been waiting for Star Wars interactive shooter knobs.

#682 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Posted...not much this month.

The most important detail is Iron Maiden Pro confirmed to be the version the band plays most.

#683 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Fingers still crossed for Iron Man!

#684 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

That's what we have all been waiting for Star Wars interactive shooter knobs.

Who said it was interactive?

Beyond the normal interactions you have with any shooter knob, I guess.

#685 5 years ago

Looks like code updates are over for GOTG and Star Wars.

#686 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

SW has been in a pretty stable "final but for a few bug fixes" place for the last few updates, so it wouldn't be a surprise if Dwight feels he's done with it. Is GOTG in a similar spot?

[EDIT: To clarify, as a SW owner I'm very happy with the code as-is and am not bummed if they're done actively updating it, was mainly curious if GOTG owners feel the same way.]

#687 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Well, one is a Lonnie production, so that's a given. No dur-prise there

#688 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

SW has been in a pretty stable "final but for a few bug fixes" place for the last few updates, so it wouldn't be a surprise if Dwight feels he's done with it. Is GOTG in a similar spot?

It feels really solid after 1.0.1.

There are a few minor bugs. I could see one more small update slip out this summer.

#689 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That will be a shame especially for GOTG, I just watched that video you linked Sinestro in the owners club thread and Save Xander is completely lacklustre it’s just the scene from the movie playing nothing about it is interactive or really feels that linked/connected to gameplay what the player is shooting, it could have been an epic multi stage wizard mode instead it’s a movie reel - and I have an LE on its way to me.

#690 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yeah, could be. I think most SW owners, including myself, are very pleased with the code at this point. SW is now one of the deepest objective based pins Stern has created. The last update added a lot of polish. Another update with further polish may come down the road. I hope some additional speech and clips from the movies are added.

#691 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, one is a Lonnie production, so that's a given. No dur-prise there

Actually, the code updates have been coming fast and fierce for GOTG since last fall.

Code's in a good place now. Just a few tweaks.

#692 5 years ago

3 words.

WiNTER IS COM...... frickin gone and it's summer, give Game of Thrones some damn updates already!!!!!!

Ok it was a few more words than 3, such a cool game that needs some love to make it great!

#693 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh sweeeet shooter knobs

Can't spell shooter knobs without knobs.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Fingers still crossed for Iron Man!

Yer gonna get cramps.

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

3 words.
WiNTER IS COM...... frickin gone and it's summer, give Game of Thrones some damn updates already!!!!!!
Ok it was a few more words than 3, such a cool game that needs some love to make it great!

It would be nice to get another update with some newer video and modes reflecting the story advances, but I'd be happy to just have the bugs fixed.

#695 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

3 words.

It's been a long time and there are few bugs in it. But are they waiting for a big add to put out new code?

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

It's been a long time and there are few bugs in it. But are they waiting for a big add to put out new code?

After ST VE which none of us saw coming, there is every chance we might see a GOT VE at some point, which would hopefully bring a minor update/bug fix like ST is getting likely fuelled by the VE release.

#697 5 years ago

I've been told twice now that GoT VE (legit VE with changes) is being looked at.

I've also been repeatedly told that TSPP VE will happen, but I highly doubt that due to BoM cost ... so make of it what you will.

#698 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I've been told twice now that GoT VE (legit VE with changes) is being looked at.
I've also been repeatedly told that TSPP VE will happen, but I highly doubt that due to BoM cost ... so make of it what you will.

GOT VE with changes is pretty interesting but I don’t buy that the BOM on a TSPP VE is too much for Stern to swallow, the prices of Premiums and especially LEs these days are surely enough for Stern to make a nice profit even on a TSPP VE and it’s a VE I would definitely be interested in if it came with upgraded sound etc

#699 5 years ago

TSPP VE would be interesting. The surely aren't going to use Whitestar boards. It would have to be ported, either to SAM or SPIKE. I find it interesting from a technical perspective.

#700 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

GOT VE with changes is pretty interesting but I don’t buy that the BOM on a TSPP VE is too much for Stern to swallow, the prices of Premiums and especially LEs these days are surely enough for Stern to make a nice profit even on a TSPP VE and it’s a VE I would definitely be interested in if it came with upgraded sound etc

Of course they could make a profit, but why would they do it if they can make a much bigger profit on something else? Same goes for the rest of their lineup. They could make a profit adding more to all their games, but they'd make less and what they produce now sells.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/14?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.