FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 33.
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I have to ask.....What are you smoking?

He may not be smoking anything. Hobbit & OZ are not universally loved and lot's of people don't care for them, it ins't that crazy.
Dialed in is great, but he's a theme buyer like 89% of people here so what do you expect.

#602 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He may not be smoking anything. Hobbit & OZ are not universally loved and lot's of people don't care for them, it ins't that crazy.
Dialed in is great, but he's a theme buyer like 89% of people here so what do you expect.

I guess but to say Woz and HB sre not theme integrated is non sense... Im not saying tgey are great games but... Damn video clips and music are spot on.

#603 6 years ago

I guess but to say Woz and HB sre not theme integrated is non sense... Im not saying tgey are great games but... Damn video clips and music are spot on.

He didn’t say that about those two. His theme intervention complaint was about POTC.

#604 6 years ago

I guess but to say Woz and HB sre not theme integrated is non sense...

I dont; see where he said that.

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I dont; see where he said that.

I guess i read the first phrase and thought he pretty much applied it to the entire paragraph...

#606 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

SPIKE isn’t crap. Gomez promised documentation on the NODE boards at TPF, so they will no longer be a closed box for repairs or mods. He also reiterated that the node board failures were an early issue, and bad node boards have dropped off almost completely.

Glad to hear they are finally going to document. I spent about 20 min speaking with a member of their team at TPF and he admitted that just recently they found a bug in Lonnie coded games which is causing the intermittent weak flipper issue. Sounds like it is due to the limitation of the pipeline for data flow and they are having to rework stuff, but said it was at least adressed in the most recent code that was on GOTG at the show. I hope they go back to kiss to fix this issue also.
Would also be a smart business move for them to publicly address this when they patch all his previous games.

#608 6 years ago

I have to ask.....What are you smoking?

What are you thinking? Why not be nice?

I did not see anyone fighting or complaining at TPF this weekend. Folks were being cool and having a great time. So much good stuff in the works.

Very disappointing to come back and see you say this to someone saying they like Sterns in a Stern thread. A lot of disappointing comments being thrown around in the last year to so on Pinside. Sad.

Edit - I wanted to add that have liked your posts, enthusiasm and cool stuff you made to make games better over the years. Lately though been leaner on the postivte stuff though. Still think you are alright in my book.

#609 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Glad to hear they are finally going to document. I spent about 20 min speaking with a member of their team at TPF and he admitted that just recently they found a bug in Lonnie coded games which is causing the intermittent weak flipper issue. Sounds like it is due to the limitation of the pipeline for data flow and they are having to rework stuff, but said it was at least adressed in the most recent code that was on GOTG at the show. I hope they go back to kiss to fix this issue also.
Would also be a smart business move for them to publicly address this when they patch all his previous games.

Glad to hear they working on that flippers weak issue , code fixed it ?
Code nr ... available ?

Thanks

#610 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

document is one thing but they need to give out software (if just node updates that don't need to wait for the rest of the game to be updated) and maybe add some backwards compatible. And what if it is something that is not an easy fix or just an spike v2 only thing. Now was there some Hardware fixes down with V2?

#611 6 years ago

I just noticed that Stern is having their own "Stern Pinball Arcade" room at PAX East 2018. PAX, Penny Arcade Show, puts on several huge video game and table top conventions throughout the year. Sounds like a great way to expand pinball. Hopefully Stern has physical games there and not just their pinball arcade video game...I've been to the past 5 PAX East events and will be there this year (one year Bowin did a panel) so I'll be sure to take some pictures!

20180319_130206 (resized).png20180319_130206 (resized).png

#612 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

What are you thinking? Why not be nice?
I did not see anyone fighting or complaining at TPF this weekend. Folks were being cool and having a great time. So much good stuff in the works.
Very disappointing to come back and see you say this to someone saying they like Sterns in a Stern thread. A lot of disappointing comments being thrown around in the last year to so on Pinside. Sad.
Edit - I wanted to add that have liked your posts, enthusiasm and cool stuff you made to make games better over the years. Lately though been leaner on the postivte stuff though. Still think you are alright in my book.

It may surprise some people but Ive been trying hard not to sound like a douche bag. This comment (^) made me realize that I need to put more effort into it. Writing in your second language can sometimes have unexpected results. "I meant the "what are you smoking?" in a joking attitude, trying to be funny and light hearted, but apparently it's considered an insult... It's things like this that I need to rectify and probably re-read before hitting submit. I believe my Stern bashing comments are at an all time low for 2018 It's true being more constructive in my comments would go a long way. Comment taken at heart.... thanks for the wake up call.

On the Stern front, Am I the only one surprised they didn't announce anything at TPF?

#613 6 years ago

On the Stern front, Am I the only one surprised they didn't announce anything at TPF?

I think the "new game reveals" are over expected at shows, or thinking that shows have anything to do with factory scheduling.

I just checked Pinball News for TPF 2017 (Batman 66 was the latest title) and 2016 (Steve R talked about game of thrones), and Stern showed no new games at either of those shows.

So yeah, didn't expect a new game reveal there.

#614 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think the "new game reveals" are over expected at shows, or thinking that shows have anything to do with factory scheduling.
I just checked Pinball News for TPF 2017 (Batman 66 was the latest title) and 2016 (Steve R talked about game of thrones), and Stern showed no new games at either of those shows.
So yeah, didn't expect a new game reveal there.

Ummmm.....Aerosmith was the latest game at TPF 2017, and Ghostbusters had just been announced right before TPF 2016. It was the first time anyone got to play it.

#615 6 years ago

Yes, because they did announce Brian Eddy joining the team. That's a new thing.

#616 6 years ago

They did announce Titanium Man. Will be revealed in April.

#617 6 years ago

The mention of Scared Stiff got me thinking...when's the last time Stern did a backbox animation? T3?

#618 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I just noticed that Stern is having their own "Stern Pinball Arcade" room at PAX East 2018.

I wouldn't get too fired up. "Stern Pinball Arcade" is the Stern branded pinball video game from Farsight.

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I wouldn't get too fired up. "Stern Pinball Arcade" is the Stern branded pinball video game from Farsight.

I’m guessing they’ll use the same booth from ces, which hand a few pins and then all the consoles and pc’s with vr running their game.

2 weeks later
#620 6 years ago

Well well well, what shall today's update bring?

#621 6 years ago

Another Maiden stream for sure!

#622 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well well well, what shall today's update bring?

Probably safe to imagine a bunch of complaining.

#625 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty much a big fat zero in the anticipated information column.

I’m curiously. What info were you looking for that wasn’t there? I know some items could be done quicker (ie. the SW Topper), but what additional?

#626 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’m curiously. What info were you looking for that wasn’t there? I know some items could be done quicker (ie. the SW Topper), but what additional?

Maybe Something else about the Iron Maiden Prem/LE. A tease. Anything? A new streaming date since they didn't save the last one for anyone who couldn't watch it live? A few morsels of specific things that will be fixed/added to the code for other games that all have bugs yet to be addressed. Surely SOME of them are already fixed and they can mention it?

#627 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Something else about the Iron Maiden LE. A tease. Anything? A new streaming date since they didn't save the last one for anyone who couldn't watch it live. A few morsels of specific things that will be fixed/added to the code for other games that all have bugs yet to be addressed. Surely SOME of them are already fixed and they can mention it?

Fair enough. But I’m just glad they are communicating better than they used to. Excited to see new code coming. Hopefully when they say this month, they produce.

#628 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty much a big fat zero in the anticipated information column.

God you are such a cynic. No anticipated information?

Tell that to Stern Army Private Chad Bruhaug out of Vancouver!!!!!!!

Regardless, these things are what you make out of them. People who are always inclined to bitch are gonna bitch. Those who have simply been clamoring for "better communication" are getting it. They seem to be doing a pretty good job lately.

#629 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Exactly. You understand. You really do.

#630 6 years ago

Nice to see another GOTG code drop this month. They are on it with this game. Ditto for Star Wars and Batman '66.

#631 6 years ago

TPF was, what, a couple of weeks ago and George was there sharing some breaking news, like Brian Eddy.

Then Iron Maiden is shown last week.

But then there's expectation that the Stern of the Union was going to have MORE breaking news? Tough crowd.

#632 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

But then there's expectation that the Stern of the Union was going to have MORE breaking news? Tough crowd.

No, people need a goddamn topper for SW or the thing is useless!

#633 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

LOL!

At least the game is out. I mean, the topper would be useless with the game!

#634 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

well, I guess I have been spending all my SW topper money...I do love my color dmd lcd on my Met. Now back to work to save for that allusive topper.

#635 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

...I mean, the topper would be useless with the game!

Do you know how much I wish that were true...have you met the people here

#636 6 years ago

It's pinball. There just isn't that much news to break.

Now wind? Yeah that breaks often at pinball shows, am I right fellas?!

The alternative is to just skip a month but nobody wants them to do that. Stern's on the right track with these monthly newsletters. They are doing God's work.

#637 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah man, give Chad his due respect or get the hell out of my club.

chad (resized).pngchad (resized).png

#638 6 years ago

At this point it won't surprise me if the next update states that they just could not get approval and decide not to move ahead with a topper or shooter rod for SW. Besides, unless the rod is the one from Jabba's front door, who would buy anything else?

tt-8l-y7_83c329ce (resized).jpegtt-8l-y7_83c329ce (resized).jpeg

#639 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

At this point it won't surprise me if the next update states that they just could not get approval and decide not to move ahead with a topper or shooter rod for SW. Besides, unless the rod is the one from Jabba's front door, who would buy anything else?

Would suck if that comes true about the topper. That shooter rod would be awesome! Hadn’t even thought of that one.

#640 6 years ago

I thought this was cool information. Hiring people to hopefully make the LCD graphics more of what people are expecting.

Stern Family Grows:

In addition to the hiring of Brian Eddy, Stern is also excited to announce several other new members to the team. Josh Clay and Danai Kittivathana join the team as the newest members of our Motion Graphics team. Josh has been a commercial artist for the last 15 years and has created artwork for bands like Linkin Park, Gym Class Heroes, Nine Inch Nails, KoRn, All Time Low and Fall Out Boy. Josh is also a tattoo artist who has won several awards for his designs and application. Danai is an artist that has worked in the Interactive Entertainment Industry for the past 12 years. Danai has worked on such titles as Captain America: Super Soldier (Wii), The Conduit (Wii), Marvel’s Avengers Initiative (iOS), Ironman 2 (Wii), Ghost Recon: America’s Army (360), Dora and Diego. Welcome to Stern, Brian, Josh, and Danai!

#641 6 years ago

I would say this is a pretty big thing
"Stern at the Midwest Gaming Classic:

More details to come, but stay tuned for what will arguably be the largest presence of Stern Pinball at a pinball show in history. Come visit us at the Stern Marco Specialties booth to play our newest game Iron Maiden as well as our other latest games! For more information on the Midwest Gaming Classic show please visit - https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/"

Previously the presence has been fair to OK. Sounds like this year is gonna be a blow out!

#642 6 years ago
Quoted from TheWizard00:

.... Josh is also a tattoo artist....

Yup, that checks out

jc (resized).jpgjc (resized).jpg

#643 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would say this is a pretty big thing
"Stern at the Midwest Gaming Classic:
More details to come, but stay tuned for what will arguably be the largest presence of Stern Pinball at a pinball show in history. Come visit us at the Stern Marco Specialties booth to play our newest game Iron Maiden as well as our other latest games! For more information on the Midwest Gaming Classic show please visit - https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/"
Previously the presence has been fair to OK. Sounds like this year is gonna be a blow out!

30 games from what I have heard.

#644 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I heard that number is quite low...unless you are only talking one particular title...

#645 6 years ago

It's great to hear that Star Wars has yet another code update coming soon

#646 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Curious as to why Stern haven picked MGC over one of the other shows. Apart from Expo, is this considered a “Home” show for Stern?

#647 6 years ago

I know most assume SW is pretty much "done", but I'm still hoping for a little more meat on the bone with the next update. There are several fairly straightforward suggestions for fine tuning the SW experience that folks have made on a recurring basis -- so it shouldn't be hard for Stern to figure out the tweaking/fixes that people want to see occur. Just a little bit of improvement could move this game from a B+ to an A.

#648 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Curious as to why Stern haven picked MGC over one of the other shows. Apart from Expo, is this considered a “Home” show for Stern?

MGC is one of the best shows in the land. It is also just a blast of a place and the logical place for them to debut their newest game in some big numbers. MKE is also only about 1.5 hr from the factory, so why now.

Looks like MGC has plenty of room to fill the new convention center so makes sense! Gonna be amazing!

#649 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I know most assume SW is pretty much "done", but I'm still hoping for a little more meat on the bone with the next update. There are several fairly straightforward suggestions for fine tuning the SW experience that folks have made on a recurring basis -- so it shouldn't be hard for Stern to figure out the tweaking/fixes that people want to see occur. Just a little bit of improvement could move this game from a B+ to an A.

I would say from A to an A+

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I would say from A to an A+

Yeah. I thought I read that Dwight owns a Star Wars himself which I'm sure helps with the game continuing to get updates.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/13?hl=jefryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.