FAF2D7AE-68FB-46BD-9E6E-2FC35C40F61C (resized).jpeg
CAB57C73-24B8-4333-928D-C48E12F21CFA (resized).jpeg
31EFB38E-794B-48A0-B636-A8E6C4E085D1 (resized).jpeg
C6B01A0E-5323-4C46-93E9-E469D76272EE (resized).jpeg
597CF695-2738-4CA5-96EF-D379497CA90F (resized).jpeg
908BBEE2-3CFD-4410-9B27-96281930CC3B (resized).jpeg
EdgeOfTommorrow.gif
sotu619munstersacc2 (resized).jpg

There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 33.
#1 6 years ago

Awesome to see Stern Pinball plan monthly updates and upcoming events in the form of a newsletter. COMMUNICATION... AT LAST!!

Screenshot_20171003-134617 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171003-134617 (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

Awesome, this is great news.

#3 6 years ago

What are the two games?

#4 6 years ago

It's a miracle! Lol. Seriously though it's about damn time. Thank you Stern.

Great to hear that a final update is coming for Ghostbsuters

#5 6 years ago

LONG overdue and common sense

Way to go. Love it

#6 6 years ago

Screenshot_20171003-135022 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171003-135022 (resized).png

Screenshot_20171003-134904 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171003-134904 (resized).png

Screenshot_20171003-135010 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171003-135010 (resized).png

#7 6 years ago

We're seeing Sharpe's influence!

#8 6 years ago

Wow direct communication. Very nice!

#9 6 years ago

This is great news! Very nice to see what's in the works and getting updates like this. Thank you!

#10 6 years ago

Nice to see a small amount of communication. I hope they've looked at the bug report threads that have all the known bugs laid out nicely:

GHOSTBUSTERS Bugs
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v113-bugs-and-features

KISS Bugs
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-130-bugs-and-wishlist

...so we can get as complete a fix as possible, especially for "Final" updates like Ghostbusters and KISS. The last KISS update only handled a few bugs, leaving over 10 long-ago documented bugs.

And I sure hope Batman'66 has a lot more than Major Villain Cliffhangers to show for almost 5 months of waiting in very unfinished Alpha mode.

#11 6 years ago

Sounds good. I'll wait on my Aerosmith purchase until I see those first games listed get done as promised.

#12 6 years ago

GB code update...music to my ears.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

GB code update...music to my ears.

Yep riiiight when "Star Wars is complete." How long could that take? *checks to see when I bought GB*

There goes the GOT dream

#14 6 years ago

Communication is always good. I look forward to the updates/completions.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep riiiight when "Star Wars is complete." How long could that take? *checks to see when I bought GB*

Ok that is pretty funny.

#16 6 years ago

Shouldn't it be the State of Stern Address? What does Stern of the Union mean, anyway? These are the real important questions.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There goes the GOT dream

Heh, for sure. I had a fantasy that they would update the game to take into account what's happened in the last few seasons. That clearly ain't happening.

#18 6 years ago

back in my day, we didn't have manufacturer communication. we had to play pinball with no promise of code, or shoes, in the winter, with the pitch of the playfield being uphill. both ways!

#19 6 years ago

This is great news from Stern. I really like the idea of monthly updates. Zach is making some good stuff happen.

#20 6 years ago

2802383-therockfinally (resized).jpg2802383-therockfinally (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Heh, for sure. I had a fantasy that they would update the game to take into account what's happened in the last few seasons. That clearly ain't happening.

Not "clearly ain't happening". It's not in this initial update.

At least we know wtf is currently being worked on.

#22 6 years ago

Very exciting news! Stern definitely needs to be more customer friendly and if they do this the customers and Stern both will benefit greatly from it.

#23 6 years ago

Believe it when i see it..... just like the code updates every 2 weeks comment.... how did that pan out. But at least it's some kind of communication.

#24 6 years ago

Something so simple but I already like Stern more than I did an hour ago

Just knowing that KISS is getting a final update and not forever wondering about rumors has made my day

#25 6 years ago

Well at least 2 games are getting code updates now - Star Wars and Batman 66.

#26 6 years ago

If You Smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell What The STERN Is Cook'n!

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Shouldn't it be the State of Stern Address? What does Stern of the Union mean, anyway?

marketing (resized).pngmarketing (resized).png

#29 6 years ago

Great to see an official announcement on what we can expect to see; hopefully STERN follows through. I also appreciate the specific word choices, i.e. "final" in the Ghostbusters and KISS notes which implies that the other titles should have another update beyond what is "coming very soon."

#30 6 years ago

I expect the new sw code today

#31 6 years ago

I'd like to to read someone ask Stern about potential code updates to other games, not mentioned; hereby referred to as ... unmentionables.

Stern, if you can add some more games to the update list, mmmmhhhh that'd be good. Like how about final flair and pollish on MET, AC/DC, GOT x 2, ST & WWE?

MPGA - Make Pinball Great Again.

IMG_0458 (resized).JPGIMG_0458 (resized).JPG

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

How do you subscribe?

You have to sacrifice a Bally/Williams via Viking funeral

#34 6 years ago

How do you subscribe?

It is on their Facebook page.

LTG : )

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

for a comment under the main post I'd like to to read someone ask ..
If you can add some more games to the update list, mmmmhhhh that'd be good. Like how about final significant refinements to: MET, AC/DC, GOT x 2, ST & WWE?

At least half those will get some love, but pretty sure WWE is done.

#36 6 years ago

Stern's little carrot...and everyone goes crazy!

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It is on their Facebook page.
LTG : )

Oh, so many, many, many pinball players won't see it.

#ThanksJody

#38 6 years ago

How do you subscribe?

\
pretty sure they'd boot you right away

#39 6 years ago

Sooooo if youre not on Facebook then youre screwed?

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Sooooo if youre not on Facebook then youre screwed?

Something tells me the updates will make their way over to Pinside pretty quickly.

#41 6 years ago

Zach Sharpe ftw

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Zach Sharpe ftw

Yes this is a good move, and maybe will help settle down the restless natives a little.

#43 6 years ago
#44 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I wonder if Stern has dismissed the idea of selling "add-on" or DLC software extending game life for owners, new modes and features etc? Like video game developers do.. I mean, once the stanard issue software is complete. of course that's what I mean..

While it works in the video game industry, I think it would be a terrible idea for the pinball industry, its hard enough for some manufacturers to get code completed for the base game, imagine adding the work load of additional code, plus how would you know what is part of the standard code and what will be extra/paid for?

Fully coded, complete games, some deep (TWD, TSPP) some shallow (IM, TRON) depending on play style but all base code complete upon release or within the first 12 months of release would be ideal and welcome. And if extras get added like CIU in MET etc that's just the icing on the cake, but at current pin prices there should be no additional paid for code!

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I wonder if Stern has dismissed the idea of selling "add-on" or DLC software extending game life for owners, new modes and features etc? Like video game developers do.. I mean, once the standard issue software is complete. of course that's what I mean..

Wonder how many units would sell if a video game for the PS4 for $5000 and they still had add on DLC software.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

\
pretty sure they'd boot you right away

While this amused me...im not sure why sending electronic newsletters one way woukd be cause for alarm

#47 6 years ago

Big step in the right direction. They were vague on timelines, but that’s fine. Timelines can change, but I think a lot of previous consternation stemmed from *zero* communication.

Good job from Stern, and hopefully we’ll see more updates.

#48 6 years ago

Hmm, they must have forgotten to include a comment on the code update status for Wheel of Fortune.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Stern's little carrot...and everyone goes crazy!

Yeah let's NOT have any updates and shitty communication. Wtf

Some people will bitch and whine and will never be happy

#50 6 years ago

i would guess stern is nervous now, not every pin is an automatic sellout anymore. too many options. competition is good folks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.