You

Linked Games

• Nugent Stern Electronics, 1978

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nugent 3 bank (resized).JPG
MatrixIssue (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Ill start off by saying I barely understand what Im going to post so bare with me Ive attached a photo of a matrix I found online and highlighted the switches in question as well as the switch layout from IPDB. Ive replaced diodes to these switches already because thats the only thing that came to mind about these wierdo matrix issues. I also unsoldered any capacitors that I found on switches just to see if they shorted but nothing changed. I did solder the capacitors back in place. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! The game is a lot of fun but these issues make it unplayable atm.

When the upper right drop target switch is closed all of these switches are effected and here is what they do:

#3 - this is the upper left button and left outlane. They add a player(credit switch) instead of 3000pts and 3 bonus advance

#19 - these are normally 10pt switches but they score 500pts

#35 - the left pop bumper fired the right sling shot

MatrixIssue (resized).jpgMatrixIssue (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Have you run the switch test mode yet? (press the white button inside the coin door four times)

Before doing so you'll need to remove the ball from the game and make sure all drop targets are raised. Switch test mode will report any switches it's sensing as closed - you should get '0' displayed in the ball in play display indicating no stuck switches.

Closed switches will be shown in the player displays with the number corresponding to your switch matrix chart.

#3 5 years ago

That switch matrix is not super helpful because it does not give wire colors. Looking at the manual, the only things that should score 500 points are the three drops at the upper right, and the middle drop on the left bank. So you might start there. Here is a bulletin that shows the correct wiring for the left bank of drops. Make sure all the diode are oriented correctly. Make sure no wires are touching. Make sure no diodes leads are broken. You have to tug on them to tell sometimes.

nugent 3 bank (resized).JPGnugent 3 bank (resized).JPG

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Have you run the switch test mode yet? (press the white button inside the coin door four times)
Before doing so you'll need to remove the ball from the game and make sure all drop targets are raised. Switch test mode will report any switches it's sensing as closed - you should get '0' displayed in the ball in play display indicating no stuck switches.
Closed switches will be shown in the player displays with the number corresponding to your switch matrix chart.

You are a saint. I didn’t realize it but somebody removed the third coin switch and taped the wires together causing them to be permanently closed.

The game is working perfectly! Also thank you lotr_breath for co tribute game as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-nugent-switch-matrix-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.