• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Nugent Stern Electronics, 1978

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210627_120705 (resized).jpg
20210627_120653 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coolpinballdino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

About a year ago now my Nugent went down. Started out simple blew one of the transistor on the board. We replaced them game kept working. After a while. The game would let out a loud horn sound super loud. So we would unplug the sound board game worked fine with no sound. After a while it started to perform odd things. Like hit a pop a sling would go off instead. If you would plug the sound board back in game wouldn't boot. So I bought a new alltek mpu and a new power board which did nothing. We also checked all the diodes on the coils all checked out good. Game sat for a while we ended up grabbing the old boards. All of them got checked except the sound board. Game sat for a while longer. Found another guy locally sent the boards out again. He didn't get a chance to look at them so we ended up grabbing the boards back from him. Now I put the boards back in it for the he'll Of it to see what it does. Now the game won't even boot up just the GI comes on.

20210627_120653 (resized).jpg20210627_120653 (resized).jpg20210627_120705 (resized).jpg20210627_120705 (resized).jpg
#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

How many flashes are you getting from the MPU boards LED?
Have you confirmed the MPU board is getting correct voltages?
Post clear pictures showing the SB100 sound board front and back with an extra shot showing the soldering on the 32 pin pin header.

Thank you sir I will try and get you this info when I'm near the game again.

Quoted from Nikrox2:

Try reseating the top right hand connector on the SDB. Did this to one yesterday and that was the culprit. Same exact issue.

I'll try that as well thank you

1 month later
#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Try reseating the top right hand connector on the SDB. Did this to one yesterday and that was the culprit. Same exact issue.

Sorry for taking so long. Just go around to looking at Nugent again. Picked up a working sound board to have as an extra. Tried it in the game and it did not help. Currently the MPU board light is not coming on at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coolpinballdino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-nugent-help-?tu=Coolpinballdino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.