View topic image gallery

sig.jpg
fleese.jpg
ha.jpg
TWD.jpg
poke-the-bear-1.png
twd pro mods.jpg
10631143_10152765814129244_4147067819918402009_o.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Stern Pinball Releases Custom Accessories For The Walking Dead Pinball Machine
World’s Leading Maker of Arcade-Quality Pinball Machines Launches Custom Accessories Line of Products
MELROSE PARK, IL – October 15, 2014 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball machines, announced today the availability of four licensed and custom-developed pinball accessories for its latest release, AMC’s The Walking Dead.
In response to market demand, Stern is now offering unique, game-specific accessories that further enhance the appeal of its pinball machines and enable pinball fans to customize their games to suit their personal tastes.
The Walking Dead accessories include:
● A fish tank topper full of three fully detailed zombie heads designed and sculpted by Greg Nicotero, Executive Producer of The Walking Dead. The topper is accompanied by game-integrated lighting that attracts players and adds zombie ambiance to any room
● An authentic zombie head shooter knob that adds tactile art to a player’s first interaction with the game
● Custom-designed, artistic inside-panels that add dimension to the pinball playfield area
● Blood splattered side-armor that further enhances The Walking Dead pinball experience
“We didn’t think The Walking Dead machine could get any better but now we have four custom-developed accessories that take your zombie apocalypse experience to a whole new level,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball. “We are thrilled to offer these new, exclusive Stern accessories to our fans and are excited about all of the great future accessory products that are in our pipeline.”

10631143_10152765814129244_41470... 105 KB

I went to sterns website. I can only find text info on mods. Where are these located?

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But man you better be sure you are keeping this game for life before you drop that kind of cabbage.

Were there ever any doubts?? I've already emailed JJ.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

The fail in this logic is that we were all offered the LE prior to these mods being announced. At no point did anyone say: "It should have a topper!", or a custom zombie shooter rod.
For the listed price, you get the features on the sales sheet. That's all.
If you want one, buy it. If you feel you're not getting your money's worth, then don't (and you're not alone on that as this is a pricey pin!).
Once you get through those options, (to buy the LE for the listed price or not) you can decide whether you want additional cosmetic options for your pin.
What's even better is that Pro owners can opt for things like side armour.
Maybe you don't see value in the LE vs the Pro, given the limited extra play features, but still want side armour. That's now an option.
THESE THINGS ARE ALL OPTIONS. OPTIONS ARE GOOD. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM, DON'T BUY THEM.
Can you imagine if they were all included on the LEs, and Stern wanted $11,000+ instead of the already crazy-expensive price they're asking?
Your argument can be simplified to: "We're not getting enough pinball for what they're asking" -and that goes back to bill of materials.
My one complaint is that if you are in for an LE, but want the upgraded side armour, well, you're now buying two sets. I would have preferred the option to upgrade instead of buying another set.

Reasonable and well put. Take the LE as is ( except code, as that's a wip), options were listed on pro and LE.

I'm thrilled about these options. Another grand? Wtf not?

Now if Gexchange would answer my email about how to buy these!!! Damn you Expo!!

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from jiffy:

Was on the fence with TWDLE (won't buy PROs) because of the price. Want a horror theme, but when found out the prison doesn't really do anything, became leaning NO on the title. Then Stern shows us this other armor that am sure Stern pulled off the original features list so they could double dip for another $500 charge, and lean NO on this title became a PASS. So... Does anybody have a nice low play/HUO horror theme they're going to put on the market?

Leaning to a NO.

2 weeks later
#274 9 years ago

Funny thing is I was told just three days ago the mods won't be available fs til January. Guess they are selling em as they get em in!

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Im guessing only the toppers are ready and the other stuff will come in post-move.

Probably. Guess it's in the hands of the mod builders. I'm sure Stern wants em sold ASAP.

1 month later
#302 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Yep. As far as mods for TWD go you can't top it.

Haha! I see what you did there...

No news on mine shipping yet.

3 months later
#322 9 years ago

I dunno man, $499 for bloody armor? Pricey

Just bought it anyways. Damn my TWD addiction!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 8.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-now-selling-mods?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.