View topic image gallery

sig.jpg
fleese.jpg
ha.jpg
TWD.jpg
poke-the-bear-1.png
twd pro mods.jpg
10631143_10152765814129244_4147067819918402009_o.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdxmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 9 years ago

As a business bottom dollar it makes sense
But
At a high price LE that doesn't have any of this included is kind of dickish.
Speaking as a costumer who has one on order this will probably be my last Stern purchase for long while.

So short term they make make some money but long term I'm out.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Come on now. LE's haven't shipped. If it pisses you off that much CL you order otherwise the "this will be my last Stern" has little merit. Kind of turns into the "my last Stern until they make another theme I dig."
If ya'll are that pissed about it, CL your order. Speak with your wallet as words do no good without action.

I wasn't the one that threw out the C&D talk. I don't disagree with you. Just was pointing out that both have merit in their product and that could go either way pretty quickly. While it would be silly you can actually license a specific Zombie if they wanted to. Doesn't mean other Zombies can't be made but that specific one which (I'm assuming here since I've never seen the show) is part of the show.

Tell you what if I buy a nib stern in the next four years, I'll buy you one too free of charge.

#125 9 years ago

Damn it feels like I'm paying $25 at McDonald's for a Big Mac value meal and they are telling me that ketchup and the straw are extra money...

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

The topper looks awesome but the price sucks. The armor looks cool too and people on here are saying its pricey but it's not. It is nearly the same price as other after market armor like the ones at the pinball refinery are the same price without the lockdown bar. So the armor when compared to other after market armor isn't that bad but the topper is.

What do you do with the existing armor?
Sell it I guess??

1 week later
#250 9 years ago

Quick question
Is the lockdown bar the same for both the LE and the pro?
I understand one has a spring latch and the other has just latches, is the mod bar able to fit both?

1 month later
#308 9 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

This. The mods are great. Here's the rub. The whole point was that pinball companies built the LE's to give consumers more value for the game than the pro or operator model. As companies got cheaper, private parties started making mod's for pinballs that SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE! WTF! So I see some great mods from Stern for there LE's and pros. My question is they should have the armor and the topper etc as an LE. That's what an LE is. We are just paying more for a game that should have been made this way in the first place. Stern isn't stupid they looked at all the people building mods and said "wow look at all the after market money we can make on this stuff". Make the F'N game like its suppose to be. Rant over

I switched to a pro mainly due to this

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

No it is not. Stern has produced many LEs at this point. Not one has had a topper or custom plunger or blades. That is what is great about these mods is that they are NOT selling something that is supposed to be there to begin with.

God forbid they should try and up their game by adding something they've never done before

Mono color DMD forever!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 26.95
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdxmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-now-selling-mods?tu=pdxmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.