Quoted from hoby1:
I dont think this survey will be accurate to determine if the shaker is the cause of the failure.
You would have to do a poll of ALL games " equal amounts on both sides " with and without shakers and each sides failure rate then figure out the percentage of failure between them.
Most people have shakers so the chances of failure are much higher just based on volume.
Not saying shakers help the problem as Im sure they dont.
I agree with some of what you wrote...
the node thread has alot of people complaining, but no real answers of what it could be which I respect as we don't have schematics nor any data so just thought to expand that with some data starting with shakers, which to date is currently.
- 11 people have had problems with their boards that have shakers
- 5 people have had problems with their boards that have no shakers
I don't know if Stern carries out a survey when a person claims node failures (I highly doubt it) but they should be asking something like the following if they really want to identify the issue, but highly doubt it as then they would be acknowledging there are issues:
- Do you have a shaker installed?
- What setting is the shaker often setup at - High, Medium, Low ?
- Have you lifted your playfield "x" amount of times or more?
- Do you have any mods installed that are pulling power?
- Where are they pulling power from?
- What is the serial number of your game?
- Do you site your game?
- If you do, do you move it around?
and there are possible other questions