Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Today I helped an arcade owner friend unbox and set up a new Deadpool (Premium) and we were both surprised to find no bill validator power cord included with the game. (It's the extension cable with the special connectors you run from the backbox lower right - power supply - down to the hinge side of the coin door to power an optional dollar bill validator unit). Only the standard AC power cord was packed in the coin box with the other accessories.

Is this a recent change Stern has made with NIB pins, no longer including this cable? This is the first either of us have seen this. The Munsters (Pro) NIB he got 8 months ago had the DBV cable. This DP Prem has a manufacture date of early September 2019 if that helps.

Thanks all!!!

#2 4 years ago

Sounds like it was just forgotten.... id call stern or the distro on Monday.... they sld ship it out that day.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

Today I helped an arcade owner friend unbox and set up a new Deadpool (Premium) and we were both surprised to find no bill validator power cord included with the game. (It's the extension cable with the special connectors you run from the backbox lower right - power supply - down to the hinge side of the coin door to power an optional dollar bill validator unit). Only the standard AC power cord was packed in the coin box with the other accessories.
Is this a recent change Stern has made with NIB pins, no longer including this cable? This is the first either of us have seen this. The Munsters (Pro) NIB he got 8 months ago had the DBV cable. This DP Prem has a manufacture date of early September 2019 if that helps.
Thanks all!!!

I believe it’s a recent change. You now have to call to get the cable, it’s free. Most people never use it so I can understand them no longer including it.

#4 4 years ago

I have one I’m not using if anyone needs.

#5 4 years ago

I would call the distributor or Stern. You should have gotten one.

#6 4 years ago

they don’t come with them in the box anymore. The last couple dozen games i’ve bought don’t have them, doesn’t matter if it’s a pro/prem/le

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Cruster:

they don’t come with them in the box anymore. The last couple dozen games i’ve bought don’t have them, doesn’t matter if it’s a pro/prem/le

^^^Truth

#8 4 years ago

They do not include them any more for 110v bill acceptor, a 12v bill acceptor however is plug and play at the coin door.

1 month later
#9 4 years ago

You have to contact your distributor and request the cable. It's free.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

Thanks all!!!

Yes, it's a recent change. As the others have said, just call and they'll send you one. Even if you're not using it, I would still call and get it. The more expected accessory items with the machine, the better the resale value down the road, and it's free now.

#11 4 years ago

Just to update: A phone call and Stern sent the cable (distributor didn't have them, which didn't make sense).

But the owner was miffed because it took six (6) business days for it to arrive. Stern should send those out 2nd Day or Priority Mail at the very least.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

Just to update: A phone call and Stern sent the cable (distributor didn't have them, which didn't make sense).
But the owner was miffed because it took six (6) business days for it to arrive. Stern should send those out 2nd Day or Priority Mail at the very least.

Given this change, seems like distributors should ask if you want it so it can be sent with the machine (or at least mailed at the same time the machine is shipped).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Grovetown, GA
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-nib-w-no-dbv-power-cable and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.