Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pinmaniac
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iluvak9.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 11 years ago

I bought two Stern pinball machines NIB. First was a TSPP that I purchased in advance. Game arrived with an issue with Homer's head not rotating. Not a big deal since it had no effect on game play and I figured out how to fix it myself (it was laid into place improperly and adjusting setup fixed it so that it moved freely back and forth). Luckily, I bought the first generation of the game that did not have the issues with ghosting of decals and/or questionable coloring of playfield pictures (e.g., the car). In general, I was pleased with the game. Sold it after two years though because game times were just too, too long (45 minutes + to have what I considered a good game - well over an hour to have a chance at reaching the super ultimate wizard mode). Still believe this game had the best and most unique multiball modes of any Stern release, just became too much work rather than fun to get to Alien Invasion, Mystery Spot, etc.).

Second NIB purchase was a WOF. I bought this based on the early release game play, fact my wife loved the theme, and an interview with Keith Johnson I read where he talked about all of the features that were going to be incorporated into the game. Of course, many of those features were never added and the game software was left woefully incomplete based on the decision by management to break the promises made in the articles and to discontinue the development of the software. In particular, the fact that published promises were made about features to be added and also the fact that the playfield itself incorporated decals and rules descriptions that were never implemented enhanced my viewpoint that I had been ripped off and did not get what I had paid for. It was at this point that I vowed never to buy another Stern NIB because I was left feeling that management could no longer be trusted. I decided I would only purchase another Stern NIB, when/if Stern made good on their promises regarding the features that would be in WOF and provided me with the completed game they were marketing via the media. So, WOF has remained my last NIB Stern purchase...and I'm still waiting...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iluvak9.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-nib-pins-owners-and-previous-owners-only?tu=iluvak9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.