Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F3CD86C6-0CDF-4D2D-B0BA-BE2D17B5FA30 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Hoping someone can help me troubleshoot what is displayed as a “#25 linebacker coil error.” Just as in Stryker the linebacker figure is on a motorized platform that turns left and right to keep the ball out of the left corner “end zone” target. I’m new to this game and it appears while it is HUO it also has never really properly maintained. (Had a few broken drop targets, etc).

I’m only a few tables in to this hobby (i.e inexperienced) and the others that I have some experience with are EM. Hoping someone may have some suggestions. So far I checked headers and reseated connections and cleaned the three opto sensors with some alcohol with a qtip. Any other maintenance or adjustments or start searching for parts (I guess starting with the board?). For that matter which parts would likely be replaced? I appreciate any help that someone could offer.

#2 4 years ago

You need to put the game into test mode and perform the linebacker test. That error is referring to a problem with the relay driver board that controls the linebacker coil. Also double check the fuses to make sure the 50V ones are not blown. They should be located under the playfield.

#3 4 years ago

Check that relay for cold solder joints as well.

#4 4 years ago

Fuse is good.

As to #2 above am I reflowing the header pin on the driver board or is the relay listed another part altogether?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from 72GTO:

Fuse is good.
As to #2 above am I reflowing the header pin on the driver board or is the relay listed another part altogether?

Relay would be under playfield in tbe vicinity of the motor.

#6 4 years ago

I reflowed the 7pin connector that goes onto the board. No change. (I’m still confused whether there is another relay or if the board is serving as the relay, I’m pretty sure it’s the latter—please correct me if I’m wrong).

The device is controlling a L-R rotating table where a defender figure is “guarding” the end zone target. There are drop targets immediately in front with an IR sensor. Those seem to be working correctly and I don’t think that sensor is controlling the opto sensor function at all.

Here’s the behavior: the figure seems to lose its position during game play and can’t track a ball. The machine also gives a #25 error stating an opto board malfunction. In dx mode it will pulse from center to right but won’t stop in the correct center position. Same happens center to left. However the opto sensor itself must be working (because if I move it by hand in dx mode the switch will correctly show closed on the lcd display). Whatever is supposed to regulate the stop seems to be malfunctioning. As noted above, Ive done the obvious. I’ve reseated the connections and resoldered the connector to eliminate cold solder as the problem.

I copy of the schematic is below. I’m NOT an engineer and follow about 40% of this. It appears the board should have a constant +5. That would suggest that all function should stay on this board. <at least I think> To a trained eye I’m certain this is definitely a simple board. Can anybody decipher what part failure I should be looking for that accounts for this behavior. Could it be somewhere else upstream?

F3CD86C6-0CDF-4D2D-B0BA-BE2D17B5FA30 (resized).jpegF3CD86C6-0CDF-4D2D-B0BA-BE2D17B5FA30 (resized).jpeg
#7 4 years ago

Bump—anyone have any input?

#8 4 years ago

I replaced the opto board yesterday. Still have the same error. I’ve also reseated and checked the connections near that rotating table for a broken wire etc. Not finding anything. Wondering if this could be an error upstream on another board somewhere or even a ground. Anybody have any suggestions ? I’m really not getting anywhere.

#9 4 years ago

Seriously, nobody has any experience with these or Stryker extreme?

#10 4 years ago

Have you checked the relay as I mentioned before?
(Topic ID: 45922)
Fixed! Striker Xtreme Goalie Woes

1 year later
#11 3 years ago

I just bought mine and have same problem with goalie. Does anyone know what it is that gives #25 malfuction code. The goalie works but not correctly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-nfl-football-linebacker-coil-error and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.