Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mnpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

So it looks like the new clear has fixed the chipping, pooling issue...my JP Premium looks great and still does after 300 games...

As a side benefit, the thinner less glossy clear than say, my Star Wars Premium...seems to really be helping in the dimpling department...Granted, Star Wars is faster and balls are always going airborne, but a good skirmish of Victory Multiball was enough to see immediate changes on that playfield...Not so with my Jurassic Park...so it seems... although not entirely remove dimpling and making it bulletproof, it has resulted in a much less pronounced impression pattern and still looks unplayed on, I can barely see a couple very small ones here and there if I really look but if this is the new normal, then this is a good change!!

#2 4 years ago

"New clear process"? "the new clear"?

Did I miss some announcement, or are you just referring to the no artwork in those areas?

Hardly seems worth its own thread or grand announcement if this is just a YMMV sample.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Did I miss some announcement, or are you just referring to the no artwork in those areas?
Hardly seems worth its own thread or grand announcement if this is just a YMMV sample.

People are reporting it being a thinner coat unlike what we have recently seen on the spike 2 games. My old Aerosmith for example had a super thick clear coat. It was an awesome playfield and frankly looked like a very high end clear coated playfield. I suspect this “new” to be like my stern Sam playfields where it dosent have that super deep get lost in the shine awesomeness.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Well, it does seem to be more than just no artwork, the number of coats is significantly less, very easy to see and has a less glossy candy coated look. I dunno, with all the multiple threads on dimpling and clear coat issues, I thought one with a positive slant to it might be appropriate.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Well, it does seem to be more than no artwork, the number of coats is significantly less, very easy to see and has a less glossy candy coated look. I dunno, with all the multiple threads on dimpling and clear coat issues, I thought one with a positive slant to it might be appropriate.

haters gonna hate brotha, shake it off...

#6 4 years ago

I also noticed at Pinball Expo....the Elvira games looked to have very little clear. Looks like just a thin coat instead of the ultraflat we have gotten used to. Lets see how it goes.

#7 4 years ago

Thanks for the update. This is a positive development.

#9 4 years ago

Thanks for the update!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So it looks like the new clear has fixed the chipping, pooling issue...my JP Premium looks great and still does after 300 games...
As a side benefit, the thinner less glossy clear than say, my Star Wars Premium...seems to really be helping in the dimpling department...Granted, Star Wars is faster and balls are always going airborne, but a good skirmish of Victory Multiball was enough to see immediate changes on that playfield...Not so with my Jurassic Park...so it seems... although not entirely remove dimpling and making it bulletproof, it has resulted in a much less pronounced impression pattern and still looks unplayed on, I can barely see a couple very small ones here and there if I really look but if this is the new normal, then this is a good change!!

Posted:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/56#post-5287086

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-new-clear-process-worksand-cured-most-dimpling- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.