(Topic ID: 271084)

Stern New Cab Material

By 85vett

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Just received my JP Prem and thought I'd share. Looks like they may be using plywood for the bottom now instead of MDF. I thought that was pretty cool so wanted to share. I assume all new cabs will come like this but I haven't seen or heard anything officially. Kind of thought if they made a change like this it would have been broadcast back out.

First picture is my Maiden Premium. Second is Deadpool Prem and the last 2 are of my new JP Prem.

P.S. - The Maiden and DP are missing the meshing as I took it out when I installed my pinwolfer kit (thus the non-painted ring you see too).

Curious on everyone's thoughts. I think it's a pretty cool change.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

My Munsters pro is mdf and my stranger things pro is plywood. Certainly seems like an upgrade. Maybe that's where the extra $100 is going

#3 3 years ago

My BKsor pro is plywood.

#4 3 years ago

Hearing this change was made a year ago. I must have been under a rock, especially since I got my DP this Feb and it was MDF. Mods, you can lock this one down if you think necessary. I thought maybe it was a change they made recently.

#5 3 years ago

Everything since Munsters Prem/LE are plywood now. Very nicely made cabinets. Even my Catwoman is plywood.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-new-cab-material?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.