Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JohnTTwo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9477BEFD-CBAB-4F07-ACB4-DE693B34ED84 (resized).jpeg
    Wue-jM.gif
    2EFD772A-544D-48DA-831F-AEF8078E5951 (resized).jpeg
    3DDDF39F-74AA-40BD-BE30-BD273344FD4C.gif
    8F7D45F6-67D2-4C62-BF15-33D6FE013E6A.gif
    DD263B56-1DFB-47FA-906A-EB9CB6CCC49C.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    bFXxpv5V_400x400 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlink.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Minimum. Why not? Get rid of the flippers. Scalpers are the worst part of our hobby and now everyone wants to be one.

It used to be cool to pass deals along to people. Now the goal is to make as much money as possible off of our fellow hobbyists.

Just start charging what people are paying in the second hand market and make the money yourselves.

#3 2 years ago

Why is that? Don't think they'd sell out?

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gamemodder:

I think that if stern sold there machines as much as the second hand market, the second hand market would go up even more. Because people will want to sell for more than the company sells them. So the second hand market will always be more expensive.

There is a ceiling though, we just haven't found it yet. What price would LEs need to be to not sell out immediately of a hot title? 20k, 30? 35??

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

If you charge 15k than scalpers will sell for 16k. Basic economics.

Not if they don't sell out and they're available from distributors for 15. But I still think they sell out at 15, should probably be more like 20k

#42 2 years ago

That's my point, there is a price ceiling where they don't sell out instantly, we just haven't seen it yet. I don't believe if Stern charged 35k that people would be buying them for 45k on the second hand market.

It's basic supply and demand. Currently they sell out before they're even made. Either raise the price or increase the supply. They're leaving money on the table. And yes it's better that Stern makes the money not the scalpers that are bettering our hobby so much.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

For the people who have been here way longer than me. Is flippin a recent phenomenon?

Flipping has always been a thing but nothing like it is today.

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

2) demand is bigger then supply.

And this is what needs to be corrected in my opinion to eliminate a lot of the scalpers and people who are just in this "hobby" to make money (seems to be mostly newcomers).

To do this you either raise prices or increase the supply.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

I don't really understand all the name calling, but ok. And you really shouldn't call people "retarded". Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

#73 2 years ago

So far since suggesting Stern raise their price of something they instantly sell out of I've been called a troll, accused of drinking too much, sniffing glue, smoking crack, called retarded and a snowflake. Anyone want to call me "gay" to round this out?

And I agree with RD another solution is to increase supply, absolutely. But it's almost always easier to raise price than increase supply. Especially with all the supply chain issues, etc going on right now.

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

As a general rule of thumb, let’s not encourage the manufacturers to raise their prices anymore by letting them know how much many of us (not me) are willing to pay. I thought this would be stating the obvious, but I guess not.

Yeah I guess that's the reason for all the down votes. To be clear, I would never pay 15k and I don't buy LE's. I just hate scalpers with a passion and wish they would go away and the LE market is by far the worst.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I think you are looking at it the wrong way. If you want to hate someone, hate the people that are paying the scalpers price. Those people are the problem and not the scalpers.

I get that and it's a valid point, but don't you think at a certain price (or increased supply) scalpers are, for the most part, eliminated?

#87 2 years ago

Ok, I'm convinced. Increasing supply would be better than increasing prices. I hope they do it soon.

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

But you think you should be able to make the call that the people that DO buy LE’s need to start paying 15k? And then wonder why people are calling you names?
    Perhaps you should worry about pricing on things YOU actually buy, and stop wishing for others to have to pay 4K more on their purchase.

Yes I can have an opinion on Pinball pricing even if I'm not currently buying pinball machines. That's like people that say you aren't entitled to an opinion because you don't own machines.

It's not hard to see that there is a problem with current supply and demand and pricing is a huge factor in that if your not familiar with economics

And no I don't think I "get to make the call" on Pinball pricing but I certainty am able to give my opinion on it. Glad you think I have so much influence on how Stern prices their games but this is one man's opinion.

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern isn’t gonna raise prices because of this moronic thread, just like they aren’t going to lower prices because of all of the moronic threads suggesting they lower their prices.

Exactly

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlink.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-needs-to-start-charging-15k-for-le-s?tu=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.