Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JohnTTwo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9477BEFD-CBAB-4F07-ACB4-DE693B34ED84 (resized).jpeg
    Wue-jM.gif
    2EFD772A-544D-48DA-831F-AEF8078E5951 (resized).jpeg
    3DDDF39F-74AA-40BD-BE30-BD273344FD4C.gif
    8F7D45F6-67D2-4C62-BF15-33D6FE013E6A.gif
    DD263B56-1DFB-47FA-906A-EB9CB6CCC49C.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    bFXxpv5V_400x400 (resized).png
    There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Ok, I'm convinced. Increasing supply would be better than increasing prices. I hope they do it soon.

Yeah, increase the supply. Drop the silly Limited model and call it Ultra / Stellar Edition or something
    Sorted.
    Then peeps get to still have their bells and whistles.

#102 2 years ago

yes. paying over 4-5 k for these spike pins is a tragedy . These are spike Hompins people. wrap your head around it . I believe whole heartedly you can build a Monster bash or MM cheaper than buying an LE of any spike stern..

Quoted from iceman44:

Stern isn’t going to change what is clearly working for them.
    They might keep raising the LE pricing incrementally until they hit “the ceiling” or just make more of them.
    If you don’t like the “LE model” then why does everybody want one? To flip to other dummies?
    You can just buy a premium or pro. Problem with that idea is that they keep raising those prices as well.
    But Stern doesn’t want to kill the Golden Goose and that Goose is laying Golden eggs 24/7 right now.
    $25k EHOH editions? I don’t see those being flipped.
    You also don’t want to wake up the buying masses out of our buying drunken stupor's and start asking the common sense question. “What the F are we all doing, we are insane”.

#103 2 years ago

What’s being missed here is that this spike in pricing currently is directly a result of the supply and demand issues caused by all the production shut downs thanks to covid.

Once the parts companies catch up and supply chains catch up it will gradually ease the supply and demand issue and pricing will level out.

We are an impatient bunch after all and must have it now!

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

To be clear, I would never pay 15k and I don't buy LE's.

But you think you should be able to make the call that the people that DO buy LE’s need to start paying 15k? And then wonder why people are calling you names?
    Perhaps you should worry about pricing on things YOU actually buy, and stop wishing for others to have to pay 4K more on their purchase.

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

But you think you should be able to make the call that the people that DO buy LE’s need to start paying 15k? And then wonder why people are calling you names?
    Perhaps you should worry about pricing on things YOU actually buy, and stop wishing for others to have to pay 4K more on their purchase.

Exactly. Think before they post stupid shit.

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Yes I can have an opinion on Pinball pricing even if I'm not currently buying pinball machines. That's like people that say you aren't entitled to an opinion because you don't own machines.

It's not hard to see that there is a problem with current supply and demand and pricing is a huge factor in that if your not familiar with economics

And no I don't think I "get to make the call" on Pinball pricing but I certainty am able to give my opinion on it. Glad you think I have so much influence on how Stern prices their games but this is one man's opinion.

#107 2 years ago

Stern isn’t gonna raise prices because of this moronic thread, just like they aren’t going to lower prices because of all of the moronic threads suggesting they lower their prices.

Besides that, as always, the only thing we can be sure of is:

If pinside ran Stern, they’d be tits up in a month.

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern isn’t gonna raise prices because of this moronic thread, just like they aren’t going to lower prices because of all of the moronic threads suggesting they lower their prices.

Exactly

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

It's not hard to see that there is a problem with current supply and demand

The problem with supply and demand is on ALL games, gouging the LE buyers isn’t going to solve all the issues. It also will not get rid of Flippermania, but I’m sure Stern appreciates the sentiment of ripping off people themselves, maybe you should apply…

#110 2 years ago

I’ve never bought an LE. I doubt I’ll ever buy one in the future. They just don’t do it for me. They don’t expand the playability at all. If they are 15k, I’ll directly look at that as being 2 NIB Pro games. That math will never work.

Of course the answer is to also raise the price of a Pro… but how far can you go? At some point it all falls apart. Am I likely to drop $6800 on a pro I’ll see in 2 years ? Nope.

#111 2 years ago

I would think by dumping limited editions and make as many as people want to buy would stop flipping and keep retail prices reasonable. Stern won't do that because people all want something others want and the limited edition buying frenzy sells games.I hope Stern doesent raise prices, but it seems like everything is selling reguardless of price.They could probaly add 1k to everything and not see any change in sales the way the market is now.

6 months later
    #112 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Minimum. Why not? Get rid of the flippers. Scalpers are the worst part of our hobby and now everyone wants to be one.
    It used to be cool to pass deals along to people. Now the goal is to make as much money as possible off of our fellow hobbyists.
    Just start charging what people are paying in the second hand market and make the money yourselves.

See what you did - JJP CE's now $15k. Well done. Are we happy now?

I'll give you one thing, flipppers may think twice at this price given the response.

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from greeneye:

This thread in 2 years:
    “JJP should start making standard editions again”

Guess it didnt take two years.

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

See what you did - JJP CE's now $15k. Well done. Are we happy now?
    I'll give you one thing, flipppers may think twice at this price given the response.

Ahem... Batman 66 SLE. December of 2016. $14,999. And after announcing the run, they more than doubled the number of games.

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Ahem... Batman 66 SLE. December of 2016. $14,999. And after announcing the run, they more than doubled the number of games.

How many?

#116 1 year ago

It was announced at 30, along with needing to send a "begging" video to Stern asking to have one and why you would be a good owner... AND needing to sign that you would not resell it to anyone but Stern, I think for a year, which I'm sure was ignored.

In the end they had too much demand for 30, so it jumped to 80. They were listed as being able to buy as "Invitation Only" after the above steps. Crazy town.

#117 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

Everyone agrees the scalping sucks. Unless the manufacturers do larger quantities it won't end.
    I've been buying used machines for 33 years, though, I can say this pretty confidently. People who paid way over value to have something NOW will feel some pain when they do try to sell. Hype does die. Machines do become dead earners. No exceptions. Its just a question of time.
    If you think your pinball is going to increase in value every year forever like real estate you're in for some pain. You can ask any price you want. Finding suckers to pay you for what was hot 8 or 10 years ago but forgotten about today might not be as easy as you think.
    Strike while it's hot or hang on to them and take the offer for 40% of what you paid.

Not true at all. I love scalpers, how else could I get front row concert seats? How else could I get on the 50 yard line for a nfl playoff game? I always laugh at season ticket holders selling their seats for the playoffs. Who’s the real fan.

I paid about 4 times the MSRP for a mint original MM. scalper got paid and I am happy.

Without flippers how much could Stern sell a LE for? Stern loves flippers, and are smart to realize why and how they have helped raise the price of their products.

#118 1 year ago

Your opinion but I hate scalpers, if every one bought what they need instead of greacing up the price for profit the world would be a better place.

#119 1 year ago
    9477BEFD-CBAB-4F07-ACB4-DE693B34ED84 (resized).jpeg9477BEFD-CBAB-4F07-ACB4-DE693B34ED84 (resized).jpeg
    There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-needs-to-start-charging-15k-for-le-s/page/3?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.