Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JohnTTwo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9477BEFD-CBAB-4F07-ACB4-DE693B34ED84 (resized).jpeg
    Wue-jM.gif
    2EFD772A-544D-48DA-831F-AEF8078E5951 (resized).jpeg
    3DDDF39F-74AA-40BD-BE30-BD273344FD4C.gif
    8F7D45F6-67D2-4C62-BF15-33D6FE013E6A.gif
    DD263B56-1DFB-47FA-906A-EB9CB6CCC49C.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    bFXxpv5V_400x400 (resized).png
    There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 2 years ago

Minimum. Why not? Get rid of the flippers. Scalpers are the worst part of our hobby and now everyone wants to be one.

It used to be cool to pass deals along to people. Now the goal is to make as much money as possible off of our fellow hobbyists.

Just start charging what people are paying in the second hand market and make the money yourselves.

#2 2 years ago

Wrong.

#3 2 years ago

Why is that? Don't think they'd sell out?

#4 2 years ago

I’d be down if the delta lowered the price of a Pro or Premium !

#5 2 years ago

Duly noted.....

#6 2 years ago

Showcase the LE with the game announcement, then limit the sales to whatever orders are placed that week. At least try to fill the initial demand.

#7 2 years ago

I think 1000 LE's is the perfect number. If you are with a good local distributor you can get one usually. But you need to listen to rumors and get on list early. But 10,500 is my max, and only for themes I really want, Rush and Sabbath are the last pins on my wish list

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Minimum. Why not? Get rid of the flippers. Scalpers are the worst part of our hobby and now everyone wants to be one.
    It used to be cool to pass deals along to people. Now the goal is to make as much money as possible off of our fellow hobbyists.
    Just start charging what people are paying in the second hand market and make the money yourselves.

Don’t kid yourself.
    At 15k you’ll still see the same with bigger numbers

#9 2 years ago

Just remove the 'limited' quantity and build to order until the liense runs out PRO / PRE / LE. Flipping might only then be based on a pin available 'now' or after production ends.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Showcase the LE with the game announcement, then limit the sales to whatever orders are placed that week. At least try to fill the initial demand.

This is by far the best solution to the "LE Problem"

#11 2 years ago

I think that if stern sold there machines as much as the second hand market, the second hand market would go up even more. Because people will want to sell for more than the company sells them. So the second hand market will always be more expensive.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gamemodder:

I think that if stern sold there machines as much as the second hand market, the second hand market would go up even more. Because people will want to sell for more than the company sells them. So the second hand market will always be more expensive.

There is a ceiling though, we just haven't found it yet. What price would LEs need to be to not sell out immediately of a hot title? 20k, 30? 35??

#13 2 years ago

If you can afford 15k just buy from a flipper wtf is your point?

#14 2 years ago

If you charge 15k than scalpers will sell for 16k. Basic economics. The only way to limit the scalping is to increase the production but at this point the supply is so bad people are scalping pros.

#15 2 years ago

TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

#16 2 years ago
    bFXxpv5V_400x400 (resized).pngbFXxpv5V_400x400 (resized).png
    #17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

If you charge 15k than scalpers will sell for 16k. Basic economics.

Not if they don't sell out and they're available from distributors for 15. But I still think they sell out at 15, should probably be more like 20k

#18 2 years ago

I wish I could pay more.

#19 2 years ago

But they just sold EHOH for 25k and ppl were still willing paying 29 to 32k soooo....

#20 2 years ago

They can sell Sterns for any price, I still won't buy them, I only buy 90s games

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

They can sell Sterns for any price, I still won't buy them, I only buy 90s games

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #22 2 years ago

Nah they gotta do the opposite and take a loss. Mass produce them and Sell the pins for like 2k to completely nullify the flippers.

#23 2 years ago
    DD263B56-1DFB-47FA-906A-EB9CB6CCC49C.gifDD263B56-1DFB-47FA-906A-EB9CB6CCC49C.gif
    #24 2 years ago

OMG every day a new topic about prices and scalpers and inflations . ENOUGH ALREADY! Enjoy pinball and Christmas

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

probably the dumbest comment on the internet this week.

#26 2 years ago

It’s simple, if Stern sold LE’s for $15k, they wouldn’t sell out. LE’s will drop in price, you just have no vision for the future. Don’t confuse a moment in time, with time itself………

#27 2 years ago

I asked Santa for this thread to go away.

#28 2 years ago

Go to 15k and see how many exit. We are in a blip of demand exceeding supply. If I’m Stern I would do initial orders for one week and maximize my profits.

10,500 on a LE unlimited
    9,000 premium
    6.500 pro

#29 2 years ago

Just make one fucking title and stop with the tiers you know like they’ve done for over 60 years. A good game is a good game & will stand the test of time.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

So now you’re going to make everyone pay scalper price just so Stern can make some more money instead of the scalper?

Stupid idea.

#31 2 years ago

Sorry OP but I think you were looking for the "unpopular opinion" thread

#32 2 years ago

I think Stern should just get rid of LE's all together. Pro and Pre's with upgrades for those who need all that extra crap. I've never cared and never will about having 1 of 500 or 750 etc.

#33 2 years ago

No no no. Distributors need to make a list of people who flip and stop selling to them- it's that simple.

#34 2 years ago

Why would stern get rid of LE it’s literally a license to print money for them, only have to make x amount, very little extra effort from the other tiers and they can charge stupid money. It’s every company’s wet dream. LEs are going no where as long as people throw money at stern (and this is not going anywhere either)

#35 2 years ago

Guess I’m not really following the premise of this thread. The stern LE is just a model with different artwork and other cosmetic stuff compared to the premium. I never understood why people have to have the LE (or CE in jjp case) if the premium plays the same. Powder coat, shaker and side blades that typically come with an LE can be easily added at relatively low cost (about $400-500). They don’t even come with toppers. I’m not much into artwork and think they are all generally good across models so for me that’s not a deciding factor. The demand to be in an exclusive club is what drives the price up. If stern starts charging $15k, secondary market prices will be higher, it won’t change the dynamics as that desire to be in the exclusive club won’t change.

#36 2 years ago

Beatles was 20k and look how well that did

#37 2 years ago

Guessing someone went hard on the Nog ....

#38 2 years ago

a toy that is 3k in parts and labor /Lic/ going for more than 6k is funny as it is .
    charge 20k / i been out for a while and have no problem with not buying over priced Basic toy that is less a Pinball machine and more of a Homepin .
    Happy Holidays
    Beatles 20k lol

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Flippers will now charge 18-20k, they won't be gone they'll just raise their prices.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Why would stern get rid of LE it’s literally a license to print money for them, only have to make x amount, very little extra effort from the other tiers and they can charge stupid money. It’s every company’s wet dream. LEs are going no where as long as people throw money at stern (and this is not going anywhere either)

They won't but it would stop the flippers and the people who waste time discussing LE pricing and the amount of units produced and all that bullshit. Then again I really couldn't care less. Personally I don't like armor, shakers do nothing for me and the Pre art is usually the best so makes no difference to me. Why I am here then? good question.

#41 2 years ago

Stern needs to charge 1 Billion dollars for LE games.
    That way no one would buy them, and they would always be in stock, ready to be purchased.

#42 2 years ago

That's my point, there is a price ceiling where they don't sell out instantly, we just haven't seen it yet. I don't believe if Stern charged 35k that people would be buying them for 45k on the second hand market.

It's basic supply and demand. Currently they sell out before they're even made. Either raise the price or increase the supply. They're leaving money on the table. And yes it's better that Stern makes the money not the scalpers that are bettering our hobby so much.

#43 2 years ago

Dear supplier of our favorite toys,
    Please raise your already outrageous prices.
    Thank you,
    Pinside

#44 2 years ago

Stern should just sell direct and get rid of the distributors.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

I would agree but they cant even ship parts out at a reasonable pace.

#46 2 years ago

OP needs to stop sniffing glue or smoking crack

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Why would they want to do that and then take on the responsibility of working through all the issues that Distro's actually handle with their customer base. i'm pretty sure that's not going to happen especially in these days where they are already busy trying grasp and handle supply chain issues for manufacturing. This would be be like shooting themself in the foot in a big way. In addition why hurt the Distro's and take business away from them when they supported Stern for so long, all because of people who flip games? Once again the flippers will just buy direct from Stern and flip anyway.

#48 2 years ago

Can anyone explain why prices have gone up so much in the last year? Where do you think pricing will be in the future?

#49 2 years ago

For the people who have been here way longer than me. Is flippin a recent phenomenon?

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

For the people who have been here way longer than me. Is flippin a recent phenomenon?

Flipping has always been a thing but nothing like it is today.

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-needs-to-start-charging-15k-for-le-s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.