(Topic ID: 228914)

Stern needs a Futurama pinball

By optic

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

60v2s4z7xf061 (resized).jpg
    futurama2 (resized).png
    futurama1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider optic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Futurama is a cult classic that ran from 1999 to 2013 with over 120 episodes. Wouldnt it a great pinball machine? Just looking at the price of the secondary market for Futurama mech, Its ridicules!!!! The Fanbase is here for this IP just look at the sub reddit, r/futurama has almost 474,000 subscribers. The show has a deep cast of characters and dozens of great stories you can pull from. This seems like a home run pin especially with the rising of Generation Y the generation who grew up watching this show.

Simpson pinball is a classic. I would love to show Matt Groening some more love with a Futurama pin.

Let's compare Futurama popularity to other Pins/IPs. I used Reddit subforms as a baseline. Because of its one of the most popular sites on the web with the most deviser base of users.

r/StarWars 946,079 subscribers
    r/thewalkingdead 626,088 subscribers
    r/futurama 473,963 subscribers
    r/lotr 240,805 subscribers (Lord of the Rings)
    r/batman 213,994 subscriber
    r/Metallica 24,515 subscribers
    r/startrek 175,102 subscribers
    r/deadpool 54,265 subscriber
    r/ironmaiden 8,454 subscribers
    r/piratesofthecaribbean 3,949 subscribers

Sadly, doesn't look like The Munsters have a subreddit... but we're still getting that pin. It's important we begin to look at nostalgia/ classics of the younger generation. They will be the ones buying machines or populating the barcades for the next few generations. I would love to see more games focus around modern classics like Futurama, Archer, or Rick and Morty shows that consider classics and appeal to the growing youth. Sadly, the Munsters won't, Houdini or Iron Maiden doesn't

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

futurama would be best with a bunch of cool, new, innovative toys and subways/tubes transporting the ball

100% agree this would look amazing!!!!

Quoted from TreyBo69:

The Simpsons had multiple characters and phrases enter the cultural zeitgeist. Futurama could barely stay on the air...

Futurama is a Matt Groening creation just as deep as Simpsons. Let's not forget Family Guy also got cancel and could barely stay on the air. Futurama/ Family Guy came around that weird time in mainstream adult TV.

Also, the Family Guy subreddit only has r/familyguy 226,605 subscribers. So one could make the argument Futurama has a more loyal following.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from VividPsychosis:

No, JJP or Deeproot does.

Would say JJP but we already know the next 3 games. And most of us may be dead before they get those 3 out the door.

As for Deeproot... I'll take the show stance on that one. Wish them the best and I'm hoping they can deliver

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider optic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-needs-a-futurama-pinball?tu=optic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.