(Topic ID: 187310)

Stern ... new translucent aprons

By hoby1

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2184 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

. Well, I'm probably out of business with these now,

Go where they don't. Bally, Williams, Gottlieb.
    Was kinda sh1tty of them tho.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Timebandit charges more than $100 shipped to the US

I've offered several times to be the North American Distributor; but he hasn't taken me up on the offer for whatever reason.
    Of course it's his choice; but I've tried.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Just want to firm up the product offering. Things like making the panels a default inclusion, and the ratio of card-hole to no-hole volumes etc, are still in flux. Once I finalise what I'm going to run with long term I can think more about distribution.

fair enough. sounds like a plan.

Quoted from Rondogg:

So...over $100 shipped to the us with shipping. My point is that a nice plastic apron is about where Stern has priced it. Just wanted to give some perspective for people who appear outraged.

Outraged is that the mold is already in place @stern for $42.
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1985
    yet they are doubling the price for a different material which isn't that more expensive.

They've already depreciated the mold costs for the black opaque aprons. They is no reason for the new translucent aprons to be $99.

I don't know how TimeBandit is making his... but I am assuming he is having them laser cut out of flat sheet and then it's being heatformed by hand. That is a lot more manpower intensive than stern just vacuum forming to the same mold they use for production.

Finally; from where I sit... I see stern taking an idea from the modding community and regurgitating it at a much higher profit margin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-ne-translucent-aprons?tu=zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.