(Topic ID: 187310)

Stern ... new translucent aprons

By hoby1

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2184 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 6 years ago

Now that's an interesting idea. Here is my green translucent on GBLE..

Added over 7 years ago: Thanks extendo for the great video.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Nah, there was a transparent red apron on some fancy version of one of the earlier games. I snagged one for my Ironman ages ago, long before TimeBandit stepped in to fill the desire for more.

Yeah, I was always surprised they kept such a tight rein on the supply of the red ones. Well, I'm probably out of business with these now, lol, but maybe I can take credit for at least making them make them available.

#29 6 years ago

Crystal Tint is a better name than Candy.

#31 6 years ago

Just as an aside. Mine are about to effectively get cheaper as I will be fitting the lift panels by default and the price will remain the same.

#54 6 years ago

My webstore is now updated to properly include the lift panels.
    They are listed in AUD at $99, which is around US$75 plus shipping.
    And I will point out that Stern's price of $99.99 is also then plus shipping and handling. I guess if you pick them up from a distributor you won't pay shipping.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

What's your site? Do you have a pinside shop?
    And what do you guys do for decals on new aprons?

http://redshiftled.com.au/new-store.php

I lift decals straight off the original. Newer machines they come straight off. Older machines I can't comment.

#58 6 years ago

If Stern wants to destroy me completely they could offer the Aprons pre-decalled. That would actually be awesome and I would applaud them for that.

(And probably buy a couple, haha!)

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I've offered several times to be the North American Distributor; but he hasn't taken me up on the offer for whatever reason.
    Of course it's his choice; but I've tried.

Just want to firm up the product offering. Things like making the panels a default inclusion, and the ratio of card-hole to no-hole volumes etc, are still in flux. Once I finalise what I'm going to run with long term I can think more about distribution.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

but I am assuming he is having them laser cut out of flat sheet and then it's being heatformed by hand.

Correct. Expensive.

#65 6 years ago

At least Stern has legitimised my claim that decals can be moved over from your stock apron. They are obviously expecting you to do the same thing.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

but in this particular case they're going back to something they used to do, so I can't really fault them for stepping on his toes.

And I, for the record, certainly don't either. They had it first.

But what I'm about to do with these will make this all moot anyway.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-ne-translucent-aprons?tu=timebandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.