You

Linked Games

• NBA Stern, 2009

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image2 (resized).png
20190531_092453 (resized).jpg
mic_nba.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

got one, and even if i'm not a basketball fan, i really enjoy the pin (lets assume its also because HGTT was one of my favorite when i was young)

what you guys, especially from USA (land of basketball), think about it ?
seems that pin is really underated here in Belgium (Europe)

just a first "good" point : as its an easy pin, my wife play it !!! (and she didnt play TRON... much harder & faster)

you thought ?

#4 12 years ago

huh !?

well, very hard (who said impossible ?) to know how much were done, but yes i read that already
even if it seems a very small run !? btw, when you said "hard to find in the USA", is it because people keep them home (loving basketball), or the fact is due to this possible small run... ???

i've also read that the "standard" NBA is a kind of "LE" version, and the later run made for China is to be taken as the "light" version (no spindisk, missing the transversal ramp, no up/down MVP targets)...

ok than, lets wait for more feedback

#7 12 years ago

and than, we have opposite feeling, finally that's a good thing we all not love the same pins

even if i think NBA is really underated, especially if you try it just few games with no aim
its a very open playfield, and yes, game is quite simple and easy, except SUPER STAR mission, and than its very hard to play the NBA FINALS (wizard mode)

all friends who came home have that first negative feeling about NBA
and all enjoy the game & were happy to play it when they leave the garage...

#15 12 years ago

"there isn't too much going on in the game?"

well, if you only shoot for the basketball, yep, it's poor
but if you try to finish the game (to NBA FINALS), its another story

what to say about the spindisk !? there in the middle, sure it can drain balls or save some others, thats as it (btw, this can be set up for working with bumpers and/or slingshot, or even cut while unplug...)

i like it working with the bumpers

5 months later
#20 11 years ago

another afternoon playing home with friends, and guess who was the (surprising !?) funniest pin of the day ?

NBA of course, no luck for TRON & Airbone

3 months later
#21 11 years ago

another NBA final completed, just missed the "all star" super jackpot in it...

mic_nba.JPGmic_nba.JPG

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Yes, I've put quite a few games on it. Repetitive.

i think that's the problem...
"few games" is surelly not enough to check the 6 main missions, and even not the 6 secondary ones !

in that case, i can understand people not love it
BUT, if you gave this pin a chance to be played & mastered (as it as to be, to finish it, and not to only shot balls with no aim in mind), than its another story for sure

btw, lovers or haters, peace all, cause again, its a good thing we doesnt all like the same few pins...

#40 11 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salt Lake City, UT
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-nba?tu=ripleyyy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.