You

Linked Games

• NBA Stern, 2009

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image2 (resized).png
20190531_092453 (resized).jpg
mic_nba.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 11 years ago

It's a cool game but most people haven't played it cuz they only made about 300 or so. The free-throw trick is awesome. I great physical pinball "magic trick" ...but not immediately obvious since the shot looks like a typical saucer. When it launches the ball diagonally & it sticks to the backboard magnet and lands in the net, it's a definite "WHOA, COOL!" moment!

Like most, I had zero hopes for this being a decent game since it's a sports theme, a re-theme of Space Jam and from Stern's "Cheap Years" ...I went to L.A.'s now defunct C.A. Robinson and they had NBA & 24 set up. I was more interested in 24, actually ...but ended up HATING that game and playing a ton of NBA instead! Go figure!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Awful game, just dreadful. NBA Fastbreak is better.

Quoted from jonnyo:

That game is not good.

Just curious...have you guys played it? More than once? Nothing wrong with not liking it, but I'd like to see some constructive criticism and reasons for why people don't like games. Just blurting out "it sucks" doesn't tell me much about your experience with the game.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Yes, I've put quite a few games on it. Repetitive. Unimaginative. Standard setup of standup targets on each side. It actually feels like a system 11 game to me, without the imagination. IMO of course....

Fair enough. Seems like the pushback against the Stern "System 11' Style has actually transitioned into acceptance, with the love of IM, Tron, and the short-ball-time style.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

nobody has mentioned seeing it on the Dan Patrick show/???

Who?

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

wow, no sports fans here i guess.

Nope...unless you count pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salt Lake City, UT
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-nba?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.