10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

McCune1.jpg
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago

The more I play this game, the more I like it. Just like ACDC, this pin is going nowhere.

I'll be upgrading to a premium for sure.

#102 10 years ago

OK Stephane, what time should I drop by?

#105 10 years ago

Jeebus, that's some odd issues there. I dont get why the leg bolts would be off, its not like the LE uses a different version, and the steel leg post mounts are pretty solid. I have over 700 plays on mine, and I dont see any noticeable wear any where on the playfield.

#106 10 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that you can only get skill shot confirm on the left lane? Even if I move the target into the right lane, it never counts it as a skill shot. I also attempted moving the target before launching the ball and having it hit that target without moving it.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

OK Stephane, what time should I drop by?

whenever,i will be playing the Hell out of it this Long weekend,do you still have my # ?

Stern Nailed the LoOk and the Toys,for the rules and stuff (codes) still some work to be done
The Hammer needs a big sound and lights need some tweaking but i am already having a blast
playing it!

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Has anyone else noticed that you can only get skill shot confirm on the left lane? Even if I move the target into the right lane, it never counts it as a skill shot. I also attempted moving the target before launching the ball and having it hit that target without moving it.

Yes it is a software but. I noted that in a previous thread about 1.13 code

Jim

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

I think I've been awarded it from the right but ONLY when the left is lit, ala Johnny Mnemonic and its buggy software for rollover inserts being lit.

I also go for the real skill shot (the one where you short plunge so that might make a difference. I often get the regular skill shot via a bad shot to the left or right orbit and the skill shot is still blinking.

If there is a portion of the ruleset Lyman needs to improve on all his games, it's the skill shot and the risk/reward Vs. skill factor: rarely is the risk worth the reward nor the skill required worth the reward--BDK notwithstanding.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Casey_Bryson:

If there is a portion of the ruleset Lyman needs to improve on all his games, it's the skill shot and the risk/reward Vs. skill factor: rarely is the risk worth the reward nor the skill required worth the reward--BDK notwithstanding.

Don't forget AC/DC. Most games before and after are best soft plunged. AC/DC has the VIP pass tied to the skill shots. Short plunging on AC/DC is a horrible idea. The only question is how many VIP passes you want to go for.

I short plunge MET every time. You can pretty easily live catch the ball on the right flipper without starting the timer for the ball saver. Post pass over to the left flipper (timer still hasn't started), then take a shot at Sparky or the drops. You can get 3 hits on Sparky or all 3 drops before the ball saver runs out if you make your shots.

#111 10 years ago

Why not hold the left flipper and go for the super skill shot? Holding the flipper sends it through the orbit and then hit sparky or whatever you said before ball save runs out and you get the 375k super skill award?

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Why not hold the left flipper and go for the super skill shot?

My thinking is that the potential payoff when I start Sparky or Grave multiball is much higher than 375K. I'd rather take the risky shots early while the ball saver is running. At a minimum, I want to start Sparky and Grave MB at least once each game. Once one is running, progressing Coffin and hits to light EB are an added positive side effect of the MB, besides the big jackpots. In the big picture, 375K really isn't than many points. I expect to get 50M+ points on a good game. 100M+ on a really good game.

Skill shots are fun, but often aren't a good idea in the big picture. I learned this by watching players better than me. When you get a chance to watch or play with better players, watch what they do when they plunge. The really good players will often ignore skill shots. Making a super skill shot can be a flashy way to start a game, but the guy with the most points at the end wins every time. On most newer Stern's, soft plunging is usually the way to go. AC/DC is a pleasant exception.

#113 10 years ago

Super skill shot on MET. Launch ball, live catch, make the same shots and have some buffer over an equally skilled player. The risk is very low if you can control the ball. Plunging into the pop caps is slightly risky, but it also completes your fuel bonus awards, so its not pointless either. That's the beauty of MET. Everything you do, every switch hit, is building towards something. There are no wasted shots.

#114 10 years ago

I just finished playing...I LOVE THAT GAME...

Like PDX said no wasted shots in there all is for something and with the 3 other modes
coming :
Band Member Modes
Crank It Up Modes
END OF THE LINE Wizard Mode - Not yet

Can not wait to see that,i hope next code will fix of the buggy coffin lock, its very late
after it calls up Multiball,all that was good on 1.11 version

And i really hope,(i said it a bunch of time but i will say it again) that Mystery hole needs to be fill
with CoOl Stuff Please,Thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 149.00
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-nails-metallica-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.