Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Boot in AZZZ.JPG
DukeNukemForever[1].jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I stopped by FUN! with Bakushan and we were able to get a 3 minute video of Mustang.

It is only two balls, but you can get an idea about game play.

My first impression is "Me likey!!"

Marcus

#2 5 years ago

Trying to determine how tight to set the tilt?

#3 5 years ago

My first pinball purchase was Corvette . Did not know squat about the hobby. It just looked cool. As it turn out it was a great pinball machine by Gomez. The music in the Mustang video is intriguing I will say that. Hope STERN has success . I really want them to continue to push the hobby forward.

#6 5 years ago

I heard "Free Ride", a Beach Boys style song and another 70's style song.

All three sounded great.

Marcus

#7 5 years ago

Looks boring to be honest

#8 5 years ago

Reminds me of playing Fonzie Pinball and listening to Edgar Winter.

This isn't your Dad's pin.....errr...This IS your Dad's pinball.

#9 5 years ago

Not my bag, but it looks much better than I thought it would...

#10 5 years ago

i have a soft spot for Stang's, but im out of room and no nib for me anymore, i learned my lesson with xmen. I do like that we do have new games coming out all the time to choose from and play. looks fun but i'll wait to play one and decide at that point. Thanks or the video

#11 5 years ago

call me crazy, but it seems like there's 2 voice actors. foust doing some of the dialogue (gear shift multiball), but the deep voice that announces the "1969 mustang convertible" and "Multiball in 3.. 2.. 1" sounds like Jon St. John (AKA duke nukem)

DukeNukemForever[1].jpg
Those alien bastards are going to pay for destroying my ride!

#12 5 years ago

Thanks for posting......

#13 5 years ago

Glad they decided to ditch the bright yellow car. The red looks much nicer.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

Glad they decided to ditch the bright yellow car. The red looks much nicer.

the other video that was posted today has a silver car.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

the other video that was posted today has a silver car.

yeah...just saw that.

#16 5 years ago

not my cup of tea.

#17 5 years ago

I am actually thankful that Stern made this one. It makes it easier for me to decide which pin to get next. That being said, this will not be one of them...........Star Trek or Metallica or both.

#19 5 years ago

Still with the Screech on Replay. I would hope that can be turned off. Or changed to another sound.
Thanks for posting the vid.

#20 5 years ago

Always hard to judge on the basis of a short video, but I find myself wanting to play it.

Not sure the music is for me, but it does seem to give the overall experience kind of a 70s-ish vibe.

I think my kids would beg me to get it based on the car theme and the engine revving sounds.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Still with the Screech on Replay. I would hope that can be turned off.

Yes, you can disable the sound in settings.

#22 5 years ago

sounds like they did away with the horse sound when the spinner was hit...

#23 5 years ago

Hard to tell much from a quick video, but there's enough there to make it intriguing. I'm hoping to get a chance to play it soon.

#24 5 years ago

It really is a fun game. I enjoyed playing it.

Is it terribly deep? No. Not at the moment.

Is it fast? Yes.

The left ramp/orbit shot is very fun.

I love the "lap" bowl that feeds the right flipper.

I think there is a TON of potential with this game. I love the color scheme. I think the layout is trying to do something different with the fan layout.

I like it so far. It did remind me of old school 80s game with one ramp, but it was much, much faster.

Marcus

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am actually thankful that Stern made this one. It makes it easier for me to decide which pin to get next. That being said, this will not be one of them...........Star Trek or Metallica or both.

Same here. Already own MET guess I'll be looking for a tron soon!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

It did remind me of old school 80s game with one ramp

I rest my case...

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

I rest my case...

Why is this a bad thing? So many games have been ruined by overuse of ramps.

#28 5 years ago

the soundtrack would drive me insane

#29 5 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if in four years when you can't find these, everyone will be talking about how they should have made more. This is Iron Man all over again guys.

I think this looks great.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

I rest my case...

I like the 80s games with single ramps. So for me, that's a plus!

Marcus

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I wouldn't be surprised if in four years when you can't find these, everyone will be talking about how they should have made more. This is Iron Man all over again guys.

Me too. 4 pops, 6 balls, multi exit ramp/loop. This is a great looking pro IMO. Looking forward to giving it a try.

#32 5 years ago

Maybe the next game won't have any ramps then the next game won't have a DMD that one has to watch before gameplay resumes; then guess what?....you will have a real pinball game...fast non interrupted gameplay like the games of yesterday.

#33 5 years ago

Thanks for the vid.
Kind of reminds me of Creature From the Black Lagoon with that bowl at the lower right and the stand up signs with the bulbs coming out of them.

#34 5 years ago

Looks ok but of course I need to have a game thanks for posting

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I completely agree right now. Just need to play it to verify. I played IM really early and loved it. I wish it had sold better.

#36 5 years ago

Don't ever put this turd in the same conversation as IM again.

#37 5 years ago

Played it today very pleasently surprised; very different layout also refreshing

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

Me too. 4 pops, 6 balls, multi exit ramp/loop. This is a great looking pro IMO. Looking forward to giving it a try.

It is better than other recent releases. Fun and different plus its John T. with a Gomez help. Corvette is still fun. plus I was told more new code coming very soon! I was more impressed with how it played so I picked up three earlier today. 2 are already going to Ford dealerships in a cross promotion. If anyone is local I am having an unboxing event Sunday 3 to 6. Come play it for free, after Sunday you will have to pay at the local area Ford dealerships in Wise Va and Claypool Hill Va.

I will have almost all of ACDC versions set up for play--ACDCBIBLE, ACDC Pro (Hemi modded) ACDC Pro with Hell(en) ACDC Premium, again another Hemi master piece of lights and flash package plus the all new ACDC Luci. Nice to see Hell(en) and Luci getting along so well. Phone is 276-883-2073 no sales pressure to buy anuthing but I do have 2 unsold MMRLE spots and one new refunded Hobbit LE spot. Yes if somebody wants it I will let them in at the old price of 7500. The showroom is located between Norton Va 24273 and Appalachia Va 24216 on US 23 business. Come on out!

#39 5 years ago

can you set it for public access, was an error… keen to see it

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Reminds me of playing Fonzie Pinball and listening to Edgar Winter.
This isn't your Dad's pin.....errr...This IS your Dad's pinball.

lol - funny but sorta true. Fortunately for Stern people's musical tastes differ.

#41 5 years ago

If you don't like the music you should be able to change it just like on ACDC.

#42 5 years ago

Where is the main gimmick in the game?

What does the car do?

#43 5 years ago

I can't really comment without playing the game myself.
I do wish that Stern would do something better with the pop-bumpers instead of just 'level 1: xxx points'. In our own custom Road Kings game, we programmed a hurry-up multiball, high scoring (ok, that's like xxx points, though we made it a little more advanced'), collecting miles, starting a hurry-up and besides reaching level x is needed to complete a mission (which are needed to start modes). Jackpot can grow by them, or enough hits needed to relight jackpot, etc....
It's really easy to do more with pop-bumpers and creating a reason to shoot for them other than just level x: points and frenzy..... In this game you really get a lot into the pop-bumpers, it seems, so it's even more important to have a feeling that that does something for you.

As always, I'm hoping to test the game somewhere soon!

#44 5 years ago

What are the songs?

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I do wish that Stern would do something better with the pop-bumpers instead of just 'level 1: xxx points'.

My thoughts exactly. Good to know I am not the only one in this world...

#46 5 years ago

I hope this game gets other people into pinball.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

can you set it for public access, was an error… keen to see it

I have it set to public.

What type of device are you using to view it?

Is anyone else having a problem accessing the video?

I will check out my YouTube options.

Marcus

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Where is the main gimmick in the game?
What does the car do?

The car does absolutely nothing on the pro. No real interactive toys on this game.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

How in the world is this like Iron Man?

#50 5 years ago

Thanks for posting, Marcus!
Was there any add-a-ball possible in the multiballs?
And looked like you stacked Gear Shift multiball onto a 2-ball during your ball 3.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tucson, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chicago, IL
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside