Stern Mustang Pro gameplay videos HI RES

By BlindVoyeur

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I spent the afternoon at doughslingers (Buddy's) place doing some upgrades and setting up a brand new Stern Mustang Pro. I must say I had some reservations but both of us were pretty surprised by it actually. It play very fast and there is actually a lot to do. I shot a couple of videos of me playing a few games on it and am uploading the as of right now (be sure to set it to play in HD )

Enjoy,
Ryan

#2 10 years ago

It seems like at least 60 percent of the time the ramp is flipped up so there is no ramp shot at all to shoot for. Not sure how I feel about that.

#3 10 years ago

It activates in certain modes and multi-ball. It actually has two flaps (kind of like creature) one that diverts around to the whirlpool and the lower to the left ramp.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

It seems like at least 60 percent of the time the ramp is flipped up so there is no ramp shot at all to shoot for. Not sure how I feel about that.

The same was as every pin made before 1980. Which is still totally awesome. Since old pins are awesome.

Who needs a ramp? And when you do get it, its multiple levels.

Play one yourself... videos dont do it justice. Its fun!

#6 10 years ago

I know right! We have these awesome things now... called... cars... and you can use one... to drive... to play a mustang pinball machine and develop an educated opinion based on personal experience.

#8 10 years ago

It was really a surprise how well it played out of the box and I have to admit in the two videos posted it was like the third and fourth game I had played on it so was still trying to look around and figure out the shots and rules. A few games later things started coming together and was able to start Mustang multiball, complete some modes etc... I am trying to edit these other videos a bit and should upload another today.

Thanks,
Ryan

#9 10 years ago

Another thing I really like was the lighting effects esp since the pro usually gets the shaft in the area.

#10 10 years ago

It looks pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing!!!!

#11 10 years ago

This game doesn't look horrible by any stretch....it looks pretty fun actually. Prob will pass on it because I'm more into fantasy and outer space stuff but it looks pretty solid.

#12 10 years ago

i think the pro looks great with led lighting, first pro to get this. i can't wait to give this a spin when the code is finished.

#13 10 years ago

As I've said in other threads, the music isn't the kind I'd have on my iPod, but it seems to fit the pin and give it kind of an old-school vibe.

And the video definitely makes me want to try it out on location.

Thanks for posting!

#14 10 years ago

The songs in it reflect the era of car you choose. Beach Boys for the 60's Drag Racer mode, Ace of Spades by Motor head in one of the 80's car modes, FREE RIDE - Edgar Winter Group for one of the Crusin' convertible modes... etc.. I'm sure a lot will be added in code updates, but so far so good

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from BlindVoyeur:

The songs in it reflect the era of car you choose. Beach Boys for the 60's Drag Racer mode, Ace of Spades by Motor head in one of the 80's car modes, FREE RIDE - Edgar Winter Group for one of the Crusin' convertible modes... etc.. I'm sure a lot will be added in code updates, but so far so good

Very cool! Thanks for the info!

That increases my interest, and I know my kids would love the theme. My boys seem to gravitate toward pins with loud obnoxious music...or a race theme. Hence their interest to see me get rid of Xmen.

#16 10 years ago

I like how you can stop Gear Shift Multiball if you hit the scoop by mistake, and go for a larger multiball.. That's neat!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i think the pro looks great with led lighting, first pro to get this.

Nope, Star Trek was the first all LED Pro.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope, Star Trek was the first all LED Pro.

i stand corrected.

#19 10 years ago

Are the pros now shipping?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Are the pros now shipping?

Yep

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from BlindVoyeur:

Precicely the kind of stuff that is on my iPod. Dont know if the theme will do it for me but I look forward to playing it.

#22 10 years ago

Hey, it's pinball. It looks like a bore, but I'll reserve complete judgment until I play. Two initial impressions are the ball stayed in the pops forever in that 1st minute of the second video. And the '94-'04 body style Mustang that I can't stand takes up a huge chunk of the lower playfield.

#23 10 years ago

And people bashed ACDC for not having any good call outs? Here is a good example of sometimes Less is more. The callouts on this are horrible!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

And people bashed ACDC for not having any good call outs? Here is a good exams of sometimes Less is more. The callouts on this are horrible!

The music they chose is just as bad as the call outs. Almost.

#25 10 years ago

Apart from the theme of which is neither here nor there for me, this is the most complete, awesome, great call outs, cool music modern Stern I have seen apart from Metallica which had an unfinished code which is now awesome.
Great video dude! good to see an average punter play. The RGR dude who made it look really boring with his constant flipper skills spoiled it for a lot of people. I am not a fan boy, but this looks really cool.

If the Beach Boys were playing it would be even better!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

this is the most complete, awesome, great call outs, cool music modern Stern I have seen apart from Metallica

lol

#27 10 years ago

I lol'd at your lol.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The callouts on this are horrible!

Indeed...

Quoted from usandthem:

the ball stayed in the pops forever in that 1st minute of the second video

Noticed that too. Boring, except when during multi ball. I would not complain if one of the balls stays there long!

Quoted from RobT:

The music they chose is just as bad as the call outs. Almost.

It gets repetitive after a while...or very quickly depending on personal taste. But I would not mind listening to Ace of spades...

Still, the game plays really fast and could be fun to play.

#29 10 years ago

The cars that are shown are they the ones that should come with each model? I just got my pro 10 minutes ago and mine has the GT Fastback ( Blue Car ) not yellow or red??

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from BlindVoyeur:

Beach Boys for the 60's Drag Racer mode.

That sounds like Drag City by Jan and Dead during the drag race mode - not the Beach boys.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-mustang-pro-gameplay-videos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.