Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by NoQuarters
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2 (resized).JPG
1 (resized).JPG
bullitt (resized).JPG
20180718_192311 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Might consider making a car swap in Mustang Pro. Can anybody tell me how to go about swapping the Model Car on the playfield ? Is this fairly easy ?

Thanks

#2 1 year ago

I’ll trade you my 2002 Honda Civic straight up for it.

#3 1 year ago

Take pff the plastic and its screw in throigh the plastic base of the car. 2 screws and a simple mod. I swapped.mine for an elanor replica. Looks boss (sorry)

20180718_192311 (resized).jpg
#4 1 year ago

Yes, as long as it's the same scale, you can swap them with just those two screws. Went to the craft store and got a '67 for ours. Just make sure you follow the directions on the car model correctly. For ages 8+, and I put the wheels on in the wrong order. Oops.

#5 1 year ago

If you buy the same brand that Stern uses, then the holes already exist. If you buy another brand then you need to drill mounting holes, which is no big deal, but just to be aware of.

#6 1 year ago

Ok - so what do you need to do to swap the cars I guess was the question. Remove the flat horizontal plastic that says shift on it ? A couple of nuts and the the whole assembly with the car lifts off ? or does something need to be undone from the underside of the playfield ?

Looking for the how to ... I have no problem with making new holes in a model, etc. Just want to know how the assembly is freed from the playfield to change out the car.

Thanks

#7 1 year ago

Figured it out - easy removal. Two lock nuts with nylon on each end of the metal plate secured to two star posts. Lift whole assembly. Then you can remove the car from the plate assembly.

Grants access to the rubber rings there also if you want to change rubber there.

I have a Bullitt Mustang on order coming in a few days...

#8 1 year ago

Bullitt is in.

bullitt (resized).JPG
#9 1 year ago

I had no car in the game for a day or so and in a way I kind of like that too as you could actually see all the pops.

#10 1 year ago

Trying out a smaller scale car 1/38th scale. Now you can see most of the action in the pops with a smaller car ...
Seeing more action in the pops is nice.

Also the sign to the hole for Upgrade, Toolbox , New Car and Mustang Store is no longer obstructed near the bottom.

1 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
$ 20.00
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside