MustangLE-Detail-14.jpg
MustangLE-Detail-13.jpg
MustangLE-Detail-12.jpg
MustangLE-Detail-03.jpg
MustangLE-Detail-01.jpg
image-615.jpg
image-412.jpg
image-918.jpg
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

you guys read this? Pretty sweet actually. They are having the cars and locations pre done so you can swap out your own mustangs that you pick

#52 10 years ago

Will wait to play it to get a true feel for it but curious why STLE had over 60 Color changing leds and this has only 8?

#53 10 years ago

LE has a translite…. no real backglass?
That was one of the best features to upgrade to an LE from a Premium

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

idk this game looks sweet. New thing I see is the doughnut shot. love the CF speaker panel look and the dual ramp!

MustangLE-Detail-01.jpg 133 KB

MustangLE-Detail-03.jpg 126 KB

MustangLE-Detail-12.jpg 98 KB

MustangLE-Detail-13.jpg 137 KB

MustangLE-Detail-14.jpg 140 KB

MustangLE-Detail-16.jpg 112 KB

MustangLE-Detail-17.jpg 99 KB

MustangLE-Detail-18.jpg 131 KB

MustangLE-Detail-19.jpg 69 KB

MustangLE-Detail-20.jpg 75 KB

I'm with you, game looks bitchin! But it's the perfect theme for me to stick to my guns and not preorder and wait to see how the code and design develop. Was it determined who the programmer is yet? I'm guessing Lonnie?

#55 10 years ago

$1000 difference between LE and Premium. Art work and theme aside, here are the main differences.
LE with Shaker Motor, Serialized plate, powder coated legs/hinges/front moulding, honey comb speaker grilles, and 5 backbox flash lamps.

#56 10 years ago

Cool game.......Hope it does well and I can't wait to play it when it comes out. Preorder days are over for me

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd have to look up the MSRPs on Star Trek's announcement, but I think this is basically the same.

For StarTrek:

Pro Version: $5,395 (MSRP)

Premium Version: $7,495 (MSRP)

Limited Edition Version: $8,795 (MSRP)

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

but curious why STLE had over 60 Color changing leds and this has only 8?

This is one of my main concerns also. I was initially very excited by the theme (I know I'm in the minority here), and had high hopes for the Premium/LE....but I must admit to being a bit disappointed in what I'm seeing. That said, I still look forward to playing one, and will reserve final judgement 'till then.

#59 10 years ago

I'm ok with plastic ramps, but $8400 for plastic? No wonder why metallica sold so well (perhaps the best selling pin stern ever produced). I think Stern knows this isn't predicted to be a high seller.

#60 10 years ago

i think this could be a fun game when fully finished. not dropping on a nib but might be a decent used purchase.

#61 10 years ago

This pin is going to sell to people who love Ford and Mustangs which are Ford Dealers and people with car collections. It will go in to a car collectors garage and never come out until the person dies or sells his car collection.

The Ford dealers will buy these, have them for a few years and theyll eventually break and not get repaired, leaving opportunity for people to walk in a ford dealer and pick it up for a steal or even have the dealer throw it in with a new car purchase

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

$8400 le retail

Pinball news had ST pro at $5395 premium at $7495 LE at $8795 local dealer sells for $4995 $7095 $8195 shipping included $8400 is not hard and fast rule on price

#64 10 years ago

If this pin tanks they will never finish the code so I can see that really stopping people who are pinheads from buying it, which of course is the catch 22.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Will wait to play it to get a true feel for it but curious why STLE had over 60 Color changing leds and this has only 8?

This is huge imo. Why is the premium/LE getting the colored inserts and white LED's when Stern made the WoZ-ish move to go full Tri color LED's with ST? I half expected that to carry on for the forseeable future?

On top of that, the Pro has no color changers so now the color changing on the LE/prem is restricted to a minor role like Metallica or ACDC instead of possibly being an integral part of gameplay like ST.

#66 10 years ago

Game will be fun no doubt. I just do not see a $2100.00 upgrade on the premium and think the model of PRO/PREM/LE is broken and that this game is primed to sell a ton of PROS and I predict weak sales on PREM/LE as the cost is simply not justifiable.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

local dealer sells for $4995 $7095 $8195 shipping included

Too high. Other dealers here on Pinside selling for much less.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

may i ask who? my father is considering buying one as his love of ford and mustang. he has a deal through the ford store with his employee discount being free shipping. although the only option through the fordstrore is the PRO model
thanks

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

This is huge imo. Why is the premium/LE getting the colored inserts and white LED's when Stern made the WoZ-ish move to go full Tri color LED's with ST? I half expected that to carry on for the forseeable future?
On top of that, the Pro has no color changers so now the color changing on the LE/prem is restricted to a minor role like Metallica or ACDC instead of possibly being an integral part of gameplay like ST.

Agreed, I had hoped Star Trek was setting the new standard. The full playfield RGB was no small part of my decision to get a ST Premium over a Pro too.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

So just who are all these dealers much less I know of a small ma dealer at $4800 for the pro

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

So just who are all these dealers much less I know of a small ma dealer at $4800 for the pro

You original post said 4995 for pro, 7095 premium and 8195 for LE.
I paid $400 less including delivery for my pro; same dealer I bought it from quoted me $6500 for premium and $7800 for LE delivered

Quoted from dementedwarlok:

may i ask who? my father is considering buying one as his love of ford and mustang. he has a deal through the ford store with his employee discount being free shipping. although the only option through the fordstrore is the PRO modelthanks

PM sent

#72 10 years ago

funny on the grid for the game differences the top line is GAME: "players will experience the thrill..." and its not checked in any of the models. oops.

#73 10 years ago

Next please

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Also, everybody turned their nose up at Iron Man because it looked too simple. Look at the problem that created. We didn't get enough Iron Man machines produced because a bunch of naysayers wrecked its sales potential by calling it crap before ever playing it. If this turns out to be a fun game that gets a short run due to shortsighted behavior, I'll be pretty bummed out about that.
I think a lot of you guys play the price tags, not the actual games when it comes to pinball. My goodness.

The big difference is that IM was $3800-$4K NIB. This is almost double that. If this was at the price point of IM I'd be thrilled to have it but at this price there are just to many other pins out there that seem to offer more. Hopefully the code is awesome as that will make or break this game.

I know I'm coming across majorly bitchy about this pin in a couple of threads but that is because I was so excited to see it and what's been presented is so disappointing to me. Stern upped the game with AC/DC, MET and ST (game design not code) and this one just feel like the Sterns of 5 years ago. I hope I'm wrong as I'd love to have one in my house some day at a reasonable cost.

#75 10 years ago

But again, you're not paying the retail price. The actual price you'll pay is MUCH lower. We need to not focus on the retail price tag. For most products, MSRP is higher than sale price.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

But again, you're not paying the retail price. The actual price you'll pay is MUCH lower. We need to not focus on the retail price tag. For most products, MSRP is higher than sale price.

I'm just gonna start listing all my games for sale with an "MSRP" of 8k but if you buy it now I'll give you a screamin' deal at 3k

#77 10 years ago

Someone said in the other thread about what is the point of the cross over ramp. I am also confused about this.

On the pro The left ramp feeds both the right flipper and the left flipper as it stands now. So whats the point of adding the metal crossover ramp to the right flipper for the premium and LE???

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The big difference is that IM was $3800-$4K NIB. This is almost double that. If this was at the price point of IM I'd be thrilled to have it but at this price there are just to many other pins out there that seem to offer more. Hopefully the code is awesome as that will make or break this game.
I know I'm coming across majorly bitchy about this pin in a couple of threads but that is because I was so excited to see it and what's been presented is so disappointing to me. Stern upped the game with AC/DC, MET and ST (game design not code) and this one just feel like the Sterns of 5 years ago. I hope I'm wrong as I'd love to have one in my house some day at a reasonable cost.

You can't rightfully compare IM to Mustang LE. You would need to compare it to the pro. They are similar feature wise and the Mustang has all LEDS to boot.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

What is your definition of 'much'?

#80 10 years ago

Thanks for providing the pictures and the comparison grid. Not in the cards now, but it's always nice to see the latest and greatest out there. 1:24 scale cars can be found almost anywhere... mods will be able to be found by the hundreds.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Someone said in the other thread about what is the point of the cross over ramp. I am also confused about this.
On the pro The left ramp feeds both the right flipper and the left flipper as it stands now. So whats the point of adding the metal crossover ramp to the right flipper for the premium and LE???

gotta justify $2000 of price

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

gotta justify $2000 of price

But the ball already feeds to the right flipper! Now the ball will feed two different directions to the right flipper.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Several hundred dollars.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Typically if you look at history the street price is around $900 lower. Give or take.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

First 6 ball game in a while. All models. I like the look of it alot. Not sure what the hate is about. I'd be down for a pro later, maybe. I can see those drops causing airballs, ala TFLE.

are they counting captive balls as part of that 6??

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

No. I am sure they have a pack of six chipped up and rusted Stern special balls in the goodie bag.

#87 10 years ago

Maybe if I talk my wife into her next car being a new Mustang GT they'll throw a Pro into the deal!

As much as I'd like to see lower MSRP prices for all 3 levels of pins, I'm just glad there are still 2-3 new pins coming out of Stern each year. Not every one is a theme/design I want to add to my collection, but it gives me options 6/12/24 months from now if I decide I want to sell/trade something I have for something no longer NIB.

And when they look at the home market and see people willing to have a game room with an inventory of games worth well into 5-figures, they figure they can charge those prices. And unless people suddenly stop buying them at these price points, they're not going down anytime soon.

If anything, I'd like to see there be a larger gap between the MSRPs of the 3 levels (i.e. lower the price of the Pro's to under $4k MSRP and increase the price of the Premium and LEs enough to counter it). It would be more like the way Ford prices the different models of their Mustangs. You can look at a base V6 for $22k or look at a base GT for $31k.

Or maybe Stern needs a "build your own" option where you could start with a base model pin and customize it by building/ordering it direct from them.

I'm just disappointed I didn't get involved in this hobby back when Iron Man and other NIB Sterns were going for under $4k.

#88 10 years ago

It looks like it could be a fun game.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

You know what would have been cool. Add 2 more balls to that and have a total of 8. At some point in the game (maybe even just a mini wizard mode) have a V8 multiball where all 8 balls are in play. While doing this have the scoring be increased by the number of balls in play. Kind of like a drag race where you have to hit X score to win and each ball is horsepower. More horsepower you have the faster you rack the scoring up and better your shot at winning the race.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It looks like it could be a fun game.

Definitely looks fun. It's just thin on stuff. Metallica and Star Trek pros look like LE's next to this pro. The premium looks like a pro

#91 10 years ago

The price of crack in Chicago must have gone up. They chased me away with pricing on STLE and now they confirmed their insanity.
Time to start buying some older games that I've always wanted. I guess thats why the price on them keeps going up.

#92 10 years ago

So, how come only Steve Ritchie games get the good stuff? With ST Pro, I thought a precedent was started. Color changers in Pros from now on, but no. Mustang only gets 8 color changers in the Prem/LE and 0 in the Pro. Also, only SR designed Premiums seem to get unique armor. Others only get black Pro armor. And I imagine Mustang Pro will not be cheaper than ST Pro even with the subtraction of the color changers. Just venting cuz I'm interested in a Mustang Pro.

#93 10 years ago

Paying extra for soundtracks now, and for them to add some SMT LED flashers to the boardset in the backbox?

Wow, man...just.......wow. Unreal.

#94 10 years ago

So, how come only Steve Ritchie games get the good stuff?

It's good to be the king.

#95 10 years ago

So, how come only Steve Ritchie games get the good stuff? With ST Pro, I thought a precedent was started. Color changers in Pros from now on, but no. Mustang only gets 8 color changers in the Prem/LE and 0 in the Pro. Also, only SR designed Premiums seem to get unique armor. Others only get black Pro armor. And I imagine Mustang Pro will not be cheaper than ST Pro even with the subtraction of the color changers. Just venting cuz I'm interested in a Mustang Pro.

Could be a lot of things. The cost of building a pinball machine isn't limited to its BoM. Some games take a lot more time in the whitewood stages, some have different licensing costs, and others can incur different costs for all sorts of things we don't even think to consider.

As for the LEDs, that is a bummer, but maybe they just aren't as integral to the gameplay as they are in Star Trek, or maybe dropping LEDs allowed for something else to get included, though LEDs aren't generally an expensive item.

Personally, I think that LEDs are just a bullet point perk for Stern. They want you to upgrade to a Premium, and holding the LEDs back (unless they are vital to the gameplay) is just one of those things they use for leverage. It's kind of like how Apple charges WAY MORE for storage space in iPad and iPhone models than the extra storage is worth and they don't allow for expandable storage via SD cards. If you want the extra storage, you have to pay. If you want the controlled LEDs on a Stern, you have to pay there as well.

1 week later
#96 10 years ago

Has anyone seen a list of what songs are on these?

#97 10 years ago

On the premium and LE, how are you supposed to see the rollover lanes at the top? It looks like that big-ass 'rotating' car sitting on top of the drop targets will completely obstruct anyone's view that is say shorter than 5'6" (no way to tell with the current pics).

#98 10 years ago

that drop target in the right middle of the pf looks like its going to get beat to heck sitting right out there..

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Has anyone seen a list of what songs are on these?

Motorhead Ace of Spades
Edgar Winter Group Free Ride
Jan & Dean
Romantics
etc......

#100 10 years ago

Noticed the big jump in years for the car on the playfield. Between 1970 - 2000 no Mustangs represented over a span of 30 years?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-mustang-premiumle-announcement/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.