• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mustang pinball-970.jpg
#1 9 years ago

mustang pinball-970.jpgmustang pinball-970.jpg

Been enjoying Sterns Mustang pinball (Pro) but have noticed some glitches. If you find something not listed, please post it.

Thanks, James

Mustang multi-ball. This glitch happens if you soft reset, like on ball two with multi-ball lit. When the new game starts, the multiball is the only thing lit/ready to go. Strangely, it is also lit at game start if you power off and power back on! I have noticed this on two different occasions.

No extra ball to be found. ???

New car lit, but does not activate. This happens if you have multiball lit. After you have completed a mode, and the ''new car'' light is lit while a multiball is lit, shooting the scoop will not collect your car, but goes into multiball instead. This should go pick car, then multiball. This can be very frustrating.

Top rollover flashing when orbit is made. This is a common problem on many machines, but often times when shooting an orbit that diverts to the pops, it is so fast that the top lanes are all flashing, making it difficult or nearly impossible to change to the correct lane. It would be good to see this corrected for once.

Left ramp can trap a ball. This is an easy fix if they really wanted to. Just make it so that if you press and hold the left flipper up and press the right side 5 times or so, that it raises the ramp quickly to release the ball. Not a huge deal though, as v1.3 does a quicker ball search, but it would be nice to get it moving even quicker.

#2 9 years ago

There were a couple very nice code updates issued after Mustang pro was in production. Your list notes a few things that either weren't addressed or were overlooked.

Those who purchase a premium or LE may have bigger problems, since premium and LE have features not found on pro (rotating turntable, button on lockdown bar, etc.). These features weren't programmed for when getting code ready for Mustang pro because it wasn't necessary. If premium and LE sell poorly will Stern abandon doing more code for premium and LE to properly integrate their unique features? Without proper code for the extra features why should anyone spend the extra (big) money for premium or LE? (Other than us idiots who have already purchased either one.)

#3 9 years ago

Its not software related, but regarding the 1:24 and 1:64 scale cars there seems to be an issue. I've only had luck mounting Maisto models, but not the M2 models. Thus far, the M2 model cars don't seem to have the correct mounting holes/hardware for an easy swap out of the stock models that come with the game.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Been enjoying Sterns Mustang pinball (Pro) but have noticed some glitches. If you find something not listed, please post it.
Thanks, James
Mustang multi-ball. This glitch happens if you soft reset, like on ball two with multi-ball lit. When the new game starts, the multiball is the only thing lit/ready to go. Strangely, it is also lit at game start if you power off and power back on! I have noticed this on two different occasions.
No extra ball to be found. ???
New car lit, but does not activate. This happens if you have multiball lit. After you have completed a mode, and the ''new car'' light is lit while a multiball is lit, shooting the scoop will not collect your car, but goes into multiball instead. This should go pick car, then multiball. This can be very frustrating.
Top rollover flashing when orbit is made. This is a common problem on many machines, but often times when shooting an orbit that diverts to the pops, it is so fast that the top lanes are all flashing, making it difficult or nearly impossible to change to the correct lane. It would be good to see this corrected for once.
Left ramp can trap a ball. This is an easy fix if they really wanted to. Just make it so that if you press and hold the left flipper up and press the right side 5 times or so, that it raises the ramp quickly to release the ball. Not a huge deal though, as v1.3 does a quicker ball search, but it would be nice to get it moving even quicker.

mustang pinball-970.jpg 98 KB

Sell your sterns and buy some more system 80's you bum. The Wolfs Den needs them

-Jim

#5 9 years ago

seems that if you light Mustand Multiball, and drain before you get it, it starts first at the next game or even a power off/power on. This is a bad glitch.

In other news, I have noticed that cruisin and road course blink even though I have completed them. Lit solid means ''completed''. I have gotten the 2012 car (all 7) for drift mode which is awesome, but I can't seem to get to silverball stampede, maybe it's not in the game yet.

#6 9 years ago

extra ball FOUND. Extra ball lights at the nitrous target after 4 cars acquired.

#7 9 years ago

extra ball FOUND. Extra ball lights at the nitrous target after 4 cars acquired.

On the Premium I have, It just lit the 'Extra Ball'. It was lit by the Tool Box animation. I won the extra ball and it just launched right away.

The ball has only been caught in the ramp once. The ball search let it go quite quickly.

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

I'm going off of memory from 3 months' ago, and at least one code rev ago, so take this with a grain of salt...

seems that if you light Mustand Multiball, and drain before you get it, it starts first at the next game or even a power off/power on. This is a bad glitch.

Isn't this because on default non-tourney settings, that the accumulated MUSTANG letters carry over between players and between games?

In other news, I have noticed that cruisin and road course blink even though I have completed them. Lit solid means ''completed''. I have gotten the 2012 car (all 7) for drift mode which is awesome, but I can't seem to get to silverball stampede, maybe it's not in the game yet.

Stampede was in there as of the end of March -- but you had to complete Drift, not just start it. Don't know if this has changed.

#9 9 years ago

I did not complete drift, but I did complete cruisin' and the road course next to it (along with all the other modes). insert/modes, this went to drift, I did okay but then this opened up stampede- it was great.

3 weeks later
#10 9 years ago

My cruising convertible and the Mustang G seem lit all the time now. And when I power the machine off the Mustang G stays lit for a little while everything els shuts off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-mustang-glitches-and-code-thread-v13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.