Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jaeg
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2019-03-15-16-16-54-1 (resized).png
    top (resized).JPG
    Screenshot 2019-03-14 11.59.57.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-14 11.59.45.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-14 11.59.52.png
    Munsters-Topper-Concept-Artwork-1024x334.jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Looks pretty kewl... Video shows it flashing, clock spinning and Raven popping out the door. Def will pick up!

Munsters-Topper-Concept-Artwork-1024x334.jpgMunsters-Topper-Concept-Artwork-1024x334.jpg
    #2 5 years ago

Where did you see it?

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Where did you see it?

Part of the Stern Insider, First look...

#4 5 years ago

Brought to you on time by the folks who also brought/are bringing/maybe will someday bring you the Star Wars Topper!

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blacksun:

Just watched it. Very cool! Thanks!

#6 5 years ago
    Screenshot 2019-03-14 11.59.45.pngScreenshot 2019-03-14 11.59.45.pngScreenshot 2019-03-14 11.59.52.pngScreenshot 2019-03-14 11.59.52.pngScreenshot 2019-03-14 11.59.57.pngScreenshot 2019-03-14 11.59.57.png
    #7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blacksun:

Does the Stern Insider program also have a video of the Star Wars topper? Just curious how the production model turned out.

Munsters topper looks cool. I'm glad Stern didn't just replicate artwork already on the playfield / cabinet as they did with the Beatles, Aerosmith, and GOTG toppers.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does the Stern Insider program also have a video of the Star Wars topper? Just curious how the production model turned out.
    Munsters topper looks cool. I'm glad Stern didn't just replicate artwork already on the playfield / cabinet as they did with the Beatles, Aerosmith, and GOTG toppers.

The Munsters topper was the first real thing Stern has sent so far.

#9 5 years ago

why no marilyn ?

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

why no marilyn ?

She is not in the Bradford Exchange car either...?

top (resized).JPGtop (resized).JPG
    #11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blacksun:

Did you receive an email? I am a stern insider and was not notified.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Yes, it came by email. Go to the insider link and logon.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Same here Tom... I was like, “wtf?” when I saw this post.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blacksun:

Looks pretty kewl... Video shows it flashing, clock spinning and Raven popping out the door. Def will pick up!
    [quoted image]

So you're proudly outing yourself as the A-hole who is going to crap on all of the folks paying to be Stern Insiders who pay to have the first look so you can be the Pinside hero who shares it first?? What an idiot. Surprised you haven't taken a video of their video with your phone. Hope Stern bans you for lifetime. It's just $29.99 a year to help Stern create these videos and content and you want to crap on that. Nice.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nothing on the SW topper. But I think it's cool that Stern is making videos and content of the development process available for new stuff. I don't think it's too much to ask $29.99 to help support the development of that content especially considering the Insider package is probably worth that amount alone.

For those others who have paid like I did, I did receive an email that new content was available. But I had to log into Stern's site on the Insiders tab in order to view the content which included the photo of the art (shown here by douchebag OP) and the video of the topper with no art but showing how it works mechanically.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

So you're proudly outing yourself as the A-hole who is going to crap on all of the folks paying to be Stern Insiders who pay to have the first look so you can be the Pinside hero who shares it first?? What an idiot. Surprised you haven't taken a video of their video with your phone. Hope Stern bans you for lifetime. It's just $29.99 a year to help Stern create these videos and content and you want to crap on that. Nice.

i think he means.....thank you for sharing!!

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Charliew65:

i think he means.....thank you for sharing!!

So you think folks who share pirated music or movies are cool? It's just sharing? Is there a difference? This is content folks have paid for and it's being shared before some folks even had a chance to log in and view it for themselves. This is complete douchebaggery by the OP.

Naturally the young and broke idiots think this is cool though and I'm the jerk.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

This is content folks have paid for

Kind of like Pinside for you, right? You certainly haven’t contributed a dime, whereas I and many others have donated hundreds. Glass houses dude... grow up.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Naturally the young and broke idiots think this is cool though and I'm the jerk.

LOL

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Kind of like Pinside for you, right? You certainly haven’t contributed a dime, whereas I and many others have donated hundreds. Glass houses dude... grow up.

Good catch on the support for Pinside forum to complain. But he must be right the people that are spending Thousands of dollars on these games have NO right to see a picture of what they are going to spend even more on. Speaking of Moron, thanks for your input JMcDonald!

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

So you think folks who share pirated music or movies are cool? It's just sharing? Is there a difference? This is content folks have paid for and it's being shared before some folks even had a chance to log in and view it for themselves. This is complete douchebaggery by the OP.

i don’t believe any ip or copyrighted material has been infringed apon here....

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Good catch on the support for Pinside forum to complain. But he must be right the people that are spending Thousands of dollars on these games have NO right to see a picture of what they are going to spend even more on. Speaking of Moron, thanks for your input JMcDonald!

Does a car manufacturer owe you video and pictures on the manufacturing of a car you buy from them??? Or, just perhaps, if you're a real car enthusiast and would be interested in the making of your car, might you pay a pathetic few extra dollars to view that exclusive inside content that costs them extra time and money to make? Yeaaaah. Who is the moron here? I have to think Pinside is also at legal risk for allowing the dissemination of this pirated content as well.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:Does a car manufacturer owe you video and pictures on the manufacturing of a car you buy from them??? Or, just perhaps, if you're a real car enthusiast and would be interested in the making of your car, might you pay a pathetic few extra dollars to view that exclusive inside content that costs them extra time and money to make? Yeaaaah. Who is the moron here? I have to think Pinside is also at legal risk for allowing the dissemination of this pirated content as well.

Are you serious? Pinside liable for leaked content? No...just no. Check out the paps sharing “spy” images and vids of the newest crap and leaked designs for things at the Orlando parks. You really think that these super-duper “sensitive” upcoming IP secrets are protected by a modern day Knights of the Round Particle Board Table and their $29.99? Crap gets out...

#24 5 years ago

Let’s just get a true legal opinion. Seriously people let’s just be happy and enjoy pinball. This is wasted time we’re never getting back.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from JMcDonald:

Nothing on the SW topper. But I think it's cool that Stern is making videos and content of the development process available for new stuff. I don't think it's too much to ask $29.99 to help support the development of that content especially considering the Insider package is probably worth that amount alone.
    For those others who have paid like I did, I did receive an email that new content was available. But I had to log into Stern's site on the Insiders tab in order to view the content which included the photo of the art (shown here by douchebag OP) and the video of the topper with no art but showing how it works mechanically.

Haha - you should report yourself to the mods for a forum violation... you will sleep better

#26 5 years ago

This is going exactly as I figured it would. Sung to the tune of that old Rainier Beer commercial-

“B-b-biiiiiiitch, biiiitch, biiiiiiiiitch....”

#27 5 years ago

...............a n d ...you are outta here ! Ejected ! Sorry man the drama was building nicely.

#28 5 years ago

STERN INSIDER....
    Thats the real scam here. We pay thousands of dollars on games and have to pay another 30 bucks for sneak peak at more expensive shit????
    When you buy a Stern game it should come with FREE Insider membership. Pro 1 year, Prem 3 years, LE 5 years.
    Thanks to the OP for sharing.

#29 5 years ago

The stern insider is very odd.
    It is so strange to charge your customers for info on future products you are trying to sell them
    Just about every other company on earth sends out this info for free to create excitement for products they are selling - I think they call it marketing

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

The stern insider is very odd.
    It is so strange to charge your customers for info on future products you are trying to sell them
    Just about every other company on earth sends out this info for free to create excitement for products they are selling - I think they call it marketing

Stern probably figures hundreds of people send them money for games without even first playing them so why not get another $30 out of them?

#31 5 years ago

I like the idea of giving me insider access when I register my new machine for warranty. Now you get everyone’s machine registered, customers get free stuff, Stern sells machines... win win win bing bang boom.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I like the idea of giving me insider access when I register my new machine for warranty. Now you get everyone’s machine registered, customers get free stuff, Stern sells machines... win win win bing bang boom.

This makes too much sense.

#33 5 years ago
    Screenshot_2019-03-15-16-16-54-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-03-15-16-16-54-1 (resized).png
    3 weeks later
    #34 5 years ago

Back to the topper... it looks very nice but I'm not sure how this will look on the premium. Color topper on the black & white cabinet...

#35 5 years ago

Any insider leaks on when the topper will be available?

#36 4 years ago

Any news on the topper?

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Any news on the topper?

Stern has their "top men" working on it ...

1 week later
    #38 4 years ago

Hoping the background color of the topper is more green than the bluish color that appears in post #1. Not sure the blue will work with the premium while a more green color would be awesome I think. Just my .02

1 week later
    #39 4 years ago

Game Room Guys called me and is taking orders on the topper. $399, shipping soon . I told them I want to see the final product before ordering.

3 weeks later
    #40 4 years ago

Announced as “available soon” on today’s Stern of the Union Address.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cherga:

Announced as “available soon” on today’s Stern of the Union Address.

Ha.

1 month later
    #42 4 years ago

So it's been out for two days. Any vids?

#43 4 years ago

Pics on Stern's web site now. 25 dollars more expensive than the other toppers.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

Pics on Stern's web site now. 25 dollars more expensive than the other toppers.

Is the there a video of it instead of photos? If so send link.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

Is the there a video of it instead of photos? If so send link.

I’ll try to get a vid up Sunday. Been too damn busy thus far.

1 month later
    #46 4 years ago

Still too busy?

#47 4 years ago

Toppers began to ship several weeks ago and there were major issues with them. They were all returned so Stern could correct the issues. I believe they had 100% failure rates out of the box so unlikely anyone has one at this point.

#49 4 years ago

I didn't see it on the website. Do you have a link?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-munsters-topper?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.