• Latest reply 8 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_1.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Let's say you were going to do a 'Mt Rushmore' list of Stern pins? And why?

Not necessarily your favorite 4 pins, but what you'd call landmark pins.

For example if your top 4 are Tron, IM, Metallica and TWD that would not really be a good cross section of pins since they all the same designer and last 5 years.

Mine would be:

Tron
AcDc premium
Tspp
SMxxx --> Lotr

To me a lot of pins are related to Tron (IM and all the latest Borg games so I picked Tron) and AcDc to me encompasses all the music pins. SM kind of catch all for super hero comic pins. Tspp is just a great layout, theme and rules package.

Edit: I could've put Lotr instead of SM to get a Gomez in there, revise my list either way Lotr instead of SM.

#2 8 years ago

Tron (Sorry Met Pro, I love you, but you have no game-unique features..Tron is the best Borg eva.)
LOTR
TSPP
AC/DC

#3 8 years ago

Lotr instead of SM to get a Gomez in there, revise my list either way Lotr instead of SM.

#4 8 years ago
#5 8 years ago

Met Pro's gotta be in there !

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Met Pro's gotta be in there !

I can't get into a pin thats music based.

#8 8 years ago

LOTR
Tron
ACDC
Metallica

#10 8 years ago

Usually when someone talks about the Mt. Rushmore of anything that doesn't mean a nice cross section but simply the best 4. So I would think if the best games were done by a single designer that would still work.

#11 8 years ago

Met. Acdc. Lotr. ST or SM. in no order. See how I made it five? Hell, I might even put seawitch in there.....

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Met. Acdc. Lotr. ST or SM. in no order. See how I made it five? Hell, I might even put seawitch in there.....

I've never played Seawitch but a lot of people mention it. I'm going to look up some videos of it.

#13 8 years ago

Austin Powers
Monopoly
Shrek
CSI

#14 8 years ago

Tron
AC/DC
SM
LOTR

TSPP does not belong on Stern Mt.Rushmore. Great rules but layout meh. ST, IM, TWD all superior games.

#15 8 years ago

TSPP, LOTR, MET ACDC. Sorry Tron you missed the cut. Spidey, you were next on the list. Damn, why did they have to make such a short list?

#16 8 years ago

Some how I took the Title all wrong. Expected to see an odd clue from Stern, with the 4 Presidents carved into it.

#17 8 years ago

LOTR
SM
TWD
AC/DC

No particular order, but TWD would be #1 for me right now. It's still 95% of what I play.

#18 8 years ago

One for each of the great designers:

FGY - Lawlor
AC/DC Prem/LE - Ritchie
LOTR - Gomez
Metallica Prem/LE - Borg

(Could prob swap Tron LE for Met...very tough choice)

#19 8 years ago

POTC, the last full featured game with complete code and lots of toys for sub 4K. It is playable for novice players and more complex for advanced and skilled players. Wiz mode is attainable for most players and challenging once you get there. A perfect model of how to create something for everyone.

Star Trek for the same reasons above, minus the full features and price. It is the perfect new generation pin as the pro is equally as good as the prem/ LE in gameplay (where it matters). Eye candy, limited counts, and asthetics are gravy for the ones who will pay extra but pins should not be an investment or a commodity. They are meant to be played. The specific benefit to this game is there are endless ways to play it. Again approachable, not over the top complex but has a challenge for the better skilled player. I contemplated SM here, but think ST is a better SM as it's not as linear.

Metallica as it replaces TSPP as my nivana pin. It is in line with the previous two if you consider Lyman's rules. For me it the most digestible Lyman game for a moderately skilled player. Love the music, love the MB feel with the modern ruleset twists. Having ACDC next to this game made me realize the crazy deep, overly complex games that most pin geeks die for here I'm just not a fan of.

WOF, when the ruleset completely catches the essence of the theme. My kind of risk/ reward where you are equally punished for the shots missed as you are rewarded for the shots hit. To think Keith wasn't a fan of the theme and was still able to make a fantastic game. Only wished the total vision was given a chance.

Alan

#21 8 years ago

This thread's lack of IM is appalling.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Crummy dots?

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Crummy dots?

Nope. Too many other great pins to choose from.

#25 8 years ago

WWE
Rolling Stones
Harley Davidson
Roller Coaster Tycoon

The Mount Crapmore

#26 8 years ago

LOTR
Tron
ST
POTC
(SM / IM- honorable mentions)
That said, I am just playing a ton of SM right now...

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

It's tough when you can only pick 4.

#28 8 years ago

LOTR MET ACDC TWD for me right now. Had Tron and TSPP, but both have left the building! Tron I just never got into, not sure why.

#29 8 years ago

here's my fantastic four -

TRON LE
ACDC PREMIUM / LE
IM
LOTR

#30 8 years ago

SM
LOTR
Star trek
Transformers

#31 8 years ago

AC/DC
X-MEN
Transformers
Tron

(With honorable just missed mention for Star Trek which would join if they polish off the code)

#32 8 years ago

LOTR
RBION
ACDC
TWD

I have to put RBION in because you need something with a different flow to the usual modern stern.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

WWE
Rolling Stones
Harley Davidson
Roller Coaster Tycoon
The Mount Crapmore

No way RCT is worse than Striker Xtreme!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-mt-rushmore-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.