Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5553 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2046 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_5143 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

No, if talking about the SB-300.
    The header on both boards was 34 pins long, .100". However, the ribbon cables were 2x 16 pin. The last two pins were left unconnected.

Edit: Apparently, games came with anything between 2x16 and 1x16 + 1x18.

#7 7 years ago

Interesting - you have two 16pins, but one is connected to a 18pin header. Mine's on two 16pin headers.

Absolutely strange the amount of difference.

Anyone know if those two signals - A14 and IRQ should be connected or not? I actually need a new set of cables, and was hesitant on getting 1-16pin and 1-18pin cable, since my game didn't originally have that in it.

Assuming GPE is going to be making cables. If they're thinking about re-doing the sound board, I would recommend adding a second, mirrored header, .050" 2-row 34pin, for newer ribbon cables.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-mpu-to-sound-board-ribbon-cable?tu=coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.